Invincible's drop rate

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
I feel this pain, I have been farming it for the last 4 months on 5 toons. 5. I am getting up there in clears. I suppose it is revenge of the RNG for getting ashes to drop on literally my first clear ever ( like i thought it was a high % until i looked it up months later). Will I ever get it? I am leveling the other 6 toons on my account just to farm that !@#$.
True story,

I hadn't done that many runs.. maybe 20 or less.

The last run, right at the end before lich king does his emote and kills everyone, I somehow goofed and got blown off the platform (minds you I am soloing it on my hunter).

Before the game decided I fell enough to be dead... The Lich King did his "kill everyone".. and I died.

I fell and fell and fell FOREVER, while the Lich King rambled on and on. I couldn't see the platform anymore, I couldn't see anything but the psychadelic clouds.

I am then resurrected and back on the platform and I finish off the LK. And low and behold.. the mount drops.
08/27/2015 07:28 AMPosted by Veanna
For those of you who did grind a long time for it, and have it, how long did it take you to obtain it

I think it was like 230 runs or something ludicrous of that nature. started when cata started till about midway through SoO for it to drop.
Was doing LK after finishing frost infusion on my dk for smourne.

He dies, oh hey horsey dropped
08/27/2015 08:00 AMPosted by Velladora
The drop rate is 1%. To put it in perspective, create a /roll macro. Pick a number in your head, and spam your macro until you get it. Yesterday I chose 24. I saw it just once after about 60 tries. I spammed it about a 150 more times but I never saw it again. However, I saw a few other numbers come up 3-4 times, even though they each have the same exact chance of showing up. Some people get a mount drop on their first run, others farm for years on multiple alts and have yet to see it. RNG is cruel.

I have 3 rare drop mounts; Ashes of Al'ar, Drake of the North Wind, and Vitreous Stone Drake. I got Ashes in 40 runs, North Wind in 64, and Vitreous after about 50. (However, I will add that I got all those mounts after I had completely lost all hope in ever seeing them drop. RNG only seems to give you what you want when you stop expecting it). On average, you need to kill the boss at least 50 times to have a chance to see it drop. Your probability of seeing Invincible drop increases by a small percentage each time you kill the LK, but the drop chance still remains 1%, whether it's kill #10 or kill #100. The rarity addon can show you the probability of getting a mount depending on how many times you ran it. I have only 12 H25 Lich King kills, so I had about a 5-7% chance of seeing it drop so far. I still have a long, long grind ahead of me :P

Good luck, I hope you two get it soon :)

Update: I got mine two weeks ago after almost 140 runs. According to Rarity, by that time I had around a 70% chance of seeing it. Don't give up!
03/03/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Xanthin
Before the game decided I fell enough to be dead... The Lich King did his "kill everyone".. and I died.I fell and fell and fell FOREVER, while the Lich King rambled on and on. I couldn't see the platform anymore, I couldn't see anything but the psychadelic clouds

The last run, right at the end before lich king does his emote and kills everyone, I somehow goofed and got blown off the platform (minds you I am soloing it on my hunter).Before the game decided I fell enough to be dead... The Lich King did his "kill everyone".. and I died.

Before the game decided I fell enough to be dead
Haha Funniest post I have read today:-) Got it to drop back in Sept this past year finally after running god knows how many times on my main, and diff alts. Don't even want to try, and guess how many lol. The firelands mounts are still rng me to death lol. Ashes I gave up on quite awhile back. Might start trying again eventually idk.
~
08/27/2015 07:33 AMPosted by Synthpop
Ah yes, the sunken cost fallacy.

I call WoW the game of inevitability. Keep trying for the drop you want and it will eventually drop. I think I got Invincible after fewer than 20 total kills.

I'm over 100 across my entire character collection for Mimiron's Head and Rag's firehawk though and still haven't seen either of those.

I don't mind farming Firelands because the gold is so good. Ulduar is down to a slog though. I should probably start a few legendary quests in there so I have a side-goal.

The black dragon from Timeless isle.
5 of us in my family. the other 4 got it under 20 kills each. a couple got it in two kills.

i have killed him, i have lost count, on multiple toons. never seen it.
invincible is the only reason im still playing as well
I checked my toon's Heroic Lich King kills and was surprised to see only a total of 105 kills. It felt like so much more when the mount finally dropped. Ulduar took forever too.
My nemesis is the Blazing Drake in Dragon Soul. Currently 8 runs per week. With all the RP and scripted trash fights it's 25-30 minutes per run. I've gotten Experiment 12-B three times in the process!
I definitely know the pain of mount farming. But it is so sweet when you finally get it. Just keep trying and remember.

08/27/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Gongam
But in the end, every single week, i still believe this will be the week that i get it.
As soon as i made a meme about not getting the mount, i got the mount.
RnG is a fickle mistress.
I wish I knew how many runs I've done for the damn thing. I lost track across my characters. But, as long as the lockouts keep resetting every week, I'll keep trying.
I like mounts too but I'm not sure what all the fuss is about that mount. It doesn't look that great to me tbh.
I got Invincible twice in two weeks while farming Shadowmourne. I didn't even really want it once.
i got it first drop
Been an ICC, Onyxia and Tempest keep farmer for a good long while between hiatus(us,es?)... I got Rivendare's mount the other day on accident looking for transmog swords from Rammstein, and I have the sea turtle and North wind drake so I can't complain I guess but... Ashes, Onyxia's drake and Invincible have been my goals for so long - I almost can't imagine going back to WoW as I do, without some grind like this attached.

It reminds me of how long it took me to get my CoF in EQ - just ridiculous.
08/27/2015 07:38 AMPosted by Orisvae
I had over 200+ skills across my characters and no drops, and then I remembered something.

BMAH has a 100% drop rate.

As long as you have a gold cap that is.
No one cares. Please try Twitter where no one cares either.
I got crazy lucky with Invincible. Only took me 6 runs.

HOWEVER Raven Lord took me from, literally the day it became public as in non-druid questline required, on EIGHT (8) toons every single day. And that took me until Mists of Pandaria, well after SoO was out before it finally dropped.

Mimiron's head took me 1 year exactly on 8 runs a week.

Rivendare's took me from WOTLK until MoP doing at least 5 runs a day.

RNG is RNG, you'll get it someday. Never give up!