You know your game is dying when...

General Discussion
09/10/2015 01:37 PMPosted by Jenova
...the top raiding guild in the world has people quitting left and right.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with burnout and internal guild politics after what 3 years?
09/10/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Grayscaled
They've made a new guild, Serenity.

I approve of this name it's calming.
Haha yeah gg blizz better luck in the next bg you losers.
I burned out on organized progression raiding at the end of Wrath, and I was in a tiny, no-name guild that still had drama.

I can only imagine how burned out someone in a 400+ wipe world first progression guild must feel, especially coupled with drama, real-life concerns, and when the goal became the glue instead of the people they were playing with.

You know your game is dying when...

GG BLIZZ.

Wrong. When the toip raiding guild in the world has people quitting, you know something is wrong IN THAT GUILD.

If, and ONLY if, it is happening in MANY other top raiding guilds, then you know MAYBE something is wrong with the raiding part the game...actually, just with the highest levels of the raiding part of the game...

...which is a tiny part of the game. Why does every player seem to think the small part of the game that they focus on is the ONLY game, the ONLY reason for sub losses, and so on?
the top raiding guilds who are involved in the world first race always un sub to wow once they beat the content they have no reason to play wow till legion
09/10/2015 01:57 PMPosted by Seger
Every one suggesting that Method break up will end this game. I'm not a fan of guild fighting but I had no idea this guild was that powerful. Will this stop the Legion xpac?

I can assure you there are many, many players out there who neither know nor care anything about Method.

GG BLIZZ.

Heh, no. These guilds are burning themselves out. The competition has ratcheted too steep. Top tier guilds have always had extremely high turnover rates, but getting up to 6, 7, 8 alt runs a week during progression is just outrageous, even for Europeans that can take weeks of vacation like it's nothing.

It's not surprising to see Method experiencing some trouble. Pretty much everyone else has, including Paragon.

09/10/2015 02:04 PMPosted by Groovyman

I'm sure that has nothing to do with burnout and internal guild politics after what 3 years?

Method's actually been a top raiding guild for almost the game's entire run, maybe the entire run, in fact?

Older players interested in world first races will remember the controversy over Method's "world first legit Lady Vashj kill."
the raiding this expansion was worse IMO than what MoP had to offer if you discount that SoO was out for 14 months. I liked the MoP raids A LOT (except HoF, that place can go straight to hellfire). I thought that Highmaul was absolutely terrible. and so far i'm not terribly impressed by HFC either.
09/10/2015 01:43 PMPosted by Euro
People who say GG blizz are the worst

Well, you just said it too. c:
Method had internal issues, it has nothing to do with raiding. Kuznam and a whole bunch of members (not not officers) who pretty took the reins as well as disagreeing with the direction method was heading with the whole eqsports expanding thing