World server is down

Customer Support
Getting "World server is down" message for my toon on Silvermoon (US) currently in Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.
09/15/2015 07:39 AMPosted by Orlyia
09/15/2015 07:19 AMPosted by Koltaras
I think you missed my point, but yeah I suppose I don't need an account to view posts on Twitter. My main point was, and I apologize for not spelling it out so you could understand it the first time, 3rd party websites are NOT the place for game info/status updates. Social media is the wrong place to put game update info and server statuses and current issues that are being experienced. You have an entire section of the forum called SERVER STATUS...that is all but EMPTY. That is the where things like today's issue should addressed. Otherwise it's just wasted space on your server and you should remove that section. Cheers.

We use multiple media sources, these forums are one. But the forums aren't manned 24/7 - in an emergency, Twitter could be used to push information from basically anywhere. The pushing information is the BEST feature of twitter in cases like this because you don't even have to go looking for the information - it comes to you.

Often, we post everything - everywhere, but the time of day comes into play - as well as the staff on duty.

This morning I had just walked in the door, and this was the very first issue I looked into. I'm listening to the techs in the background, as we speak, on a teleconference. They were already aware and working on things - but I still don't have an ETA. It may take restarts, but I haven't yet got confirmation that may need to be done.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? [url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Orlyia"]Click me[/url].

Posting info on the SERVER STATUS section can be done from just about anywhere, anytime. There is nothing more special bout Twitter. I can access THIS website from ANY internet connected device as well as post to the forums with relative ease. The same person who sent out the Twitter alert could have taken an extra few seconds to post the same thing in the Server Status section of this forum.

As far as the information coming to me instead of having to search for it, that only works if you have an account with said social media site. I refer you to my first post where I said I shouldn't have to make a Twitter acct to get info.

Your last paragraph was somewhat unnecessary for this conversation, although I do appreciate that information... My concern wasn't whether or not it was being addressed or if there was an ETA, but rather the way the information was initially delivered. I am sure there are a very large number of players who don't use social media and have no desire to(I've seen one or two already in this thread). Getting them the same information at the same time you release it on social media is what needs to happen. It needs to be consistent across all media platforms. By not doing so, you end up unintentionally alienating a chunk of your player base.
Illidan, The Lich King and Kael'Thas walk into an Inn. World server goes down.

I am being knocked down to less than twenty-two hours of World of Warcraft today, Illidan was right, "you are not prepared."
09/15/2015 07:57 AMPosted by Koltaras
Posting info on the SERVER STATUS section can be done from just about anywhere, anytime.

No it cannot.

At all.

Only certain people are allowed to post in the forum, and only from the offices. Blues here have no control over that. Only this forum.

that only works if you have an account with said social media site.

maybe you did not understand the first time. You do not need a Twitter account to read Twitter.
The realms that were restarted - if ya'll could test this again and let us know if there are still issues, that would be fabulous :)

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
09/15/2015 08:11 AMPosted by Orlyia
The realms that were restarted

i was able to log on in northrend finally after terenas server restart
okay so this is bs i was playing just fine now it keeps saying world server down come on blizz whats going on now
Logged into my alliance main on Draenor. Straight into Dalaran where I logged out last night.

Hopefully it behaves itself now. Thanks!
restart worked on Kel'Thuzad :)
working fine now thanks blizz
Now able to log into Silvermoon (US) and see my toon in Wrymrest Temple. Thanks, Blizzard Support!
woh, all servers are "incompatible" also ya cant get in get dc'd :T

edit: nvm restarted game had a patch and works, nice job on the quick fix!
who don't use social media and have no desire to(I've seen one or two already in this thread).

Both this forum, and this game itself, are social media.
Also says incompatable on all servers. When I try I also get dc"d.
I also received the patch , up and running now. Thank you!
I am still having this issue on Stormreaver, along with constant server drops, and "transfer aborted: instance not found" and horrible latency problems. I have never experienced these issues until the last two+ weeks
Just got disconnected from Arygos after epic lag, so maybe something is going on; however this thread is about a problem from last month.
10/10/2015 10:32 AMPosted by Alexovechkin
I am still having this issue on Stormreaver, along with constant server drops, and "transfer aborted: instance not found" and horrible latency problems. I have never experienced these issues until the last two+ weeks

This thread is a month old and the issues in this thread have been resolved. Your issue would be new and would need a new thread.
10/10/2015 11:20 AMPosted by Tomten
Just got disconnected from Arygos after epic lag, so maybe something is going on; however this thread is about a problem from last month.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19288908940