Not Ravenholdt for rogues, confirmed?

General Discussion
I'm asking since it's been a while, and I found a french website, saying they had exclusive news from the "Dragoncon 2015"
And apparently in this news the developpers clearly said that the rogue halls were in the sewers.

http://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com/news/legion-classes-objets-metiers-le-plein-de-nouvelles-infos-143655/

First block of bulletpoints, the third from the bottom
"Le hall de classe 'égoûts' des Voleurs est agréable visuellement et n'en est pas vraiment un. Celui-ci possédera des coffres au trésor."
Which translate to
"The rogue 'sewer' halls is very nice visually, and isn't really a 'sewer'. We'll also had treasure chests in it."

Which means the Dev' did not listen to us?
Didn't care?
Had started doing their things and couldn't give a damn about what community thinks? (once again i might add)?

I'm not yet firing for the "riot', I want confirmation first, anyone know if this is true?
It means they probably did most of the work on the Dal Sewer class hall and didn't feel like scrapping it because people complained when it was announced.
Once people found out about rogues being in the sewers they were probably already close to done with it
09/08/2015 02:12 PMPosted by Inja
Once people found out about rogues being in the sewers they were probably already close to done with it

I had guessed that much when they tweeted us with "Is it really so bad" and stuff like that in response...
But honestly instead of leaving us hanging and in the dark, saying so would of been better I think.

I mean, their last tweet on that matter was "We'll think of it."
I find it really low on their end... it made us think maybe it would happen, when it fact they didn't had any intention to do it.

Was honesty too much to ask for?
I've mained (my first toon rolled) and played many rogues since BC. Rogue is what I do, in game.

I'm not upset about Ravenholdt, I'm mad about the Sewer.

edit: Well, who's excited for the treasure chests?
09/08/2015 02:50 PMPosted by Selael
I find it really low on their end... it made us think maybe it would happen, when it fact they didn't had any intention to do it.

This is the classic form of immaturity in this community.

Reconsidering an issue does not mean you'll reach a different conclusion. In fact, there's a very good chance that you'll reach the same conclusion if you put any thought into the issue in the first place.

It's incredibly childish to allege that feedback was ignored because the decision didn't change. You can make your case and they can take it into consideration, but they still have final say, and your position isn't the only one they're considering.
09/08/2015 02:52 PMPosted by Cadavette
Well, who's excited for the treasure chests?

Me! I can't wait for the Underbelly.
I've only been to Ravenholdt manor once for sake of Insane achievement...it wasn't really that impressive...

...however it would have been a perfect time to rework it. I mean I'm not sure how the sewers work, but you can probably get away with recoloring the walls gray and toss it underneath Ravenholdt manor and pull a book to get access to it or something- or maybe you have to pickpocket the key from a generic "test guard"

...unless I'm missing something in Ravenholdt manor already, anyways.
09/08/2015 02:57 PMPosted by Kazala

This is the classic form of immaturity in this community.

Reconsidering an issue does not mean you'll reach a different conclusion. In fact, there's a very good chance that you'll reach the same conclusion if you put any thought into the issue in the first place.

It's incredibly childish to allege that feedback was ignored because the decision didn't change. You can make your case and they can take it into consideration, but they still have final say, and your position isn't the only one they're considering.

It's not the "We're thinking on it" that I'm upset about. I know the decision is their, and that opinion of the crowd can only matter so much.
What I'm upset about is that I have the very clear feeling they had already started working on it and never had any intention to change it from the very beginning. But instead of being honest and saying so they kept trying to convince us that sewers were better, than dropped the debate and waited for things to calm down before announcing the result.

It might be false, it might not be at all what they tried to do.
But that's how I felt it.

In the end, I know sewer or Ravenholdt will not change much on the game experience. It's really not a matter of gameplay, but a matter of class pride. Something that Dev' can choose to ignore, if they so choose.
But at least that they tell us why.

I'm actually in a game designer school, and my teachers are real game designers still employed.
And they always tells us "Community is what keeps you alive. If you can't meet their expectations, at least have the honesty to tell them why. Else you'll get ruined."

Is it childish and wrong, to ask a simple why?
Well, I'm perfectly happy with Dalaran sewers. Don't confuse not doing what *you* want with not listening to the community.
They've already doubled down once on the sewers.

Normally one would think "it's early enough to change" but after WoD and all the cut stuff I don't have high expectations for anything.
09/08/2015 02:12 PMPosted by Inja

I had guessed that much when they tweeted us with "Is it really so bad" and stuff like that in response...
But honestly instead of leaving us hanging and in the dark, saying so would of been better I think.

Was honesty too much to ask for?

Where are they being dishonest? All I see is blind accusations.
09/08/2015 03:30 PMPosted by Sacriel
Where are they being dishonest? All I see is blind accusations.

I am waiting for someone to equate this non issue with the Karabor scrapped capitals issue (it would take some real mental gymnastics but hey I'm sure GD can manage it)

The response they gave was that they would "talk about it" I guess they talked about it and decided to go ahead with what they had already decided.

Possibly they can add some quests that send you to Ravenholdt to see what happened to it or maybe even add some more cool stuff there like the survivors bag of coins.

I personally think they told the story they wanted to with the legendary quest there, it wasn't left open or unfinished at all like so many other plots are in this game.
09/08/2015 03:20 PMPosted by Selael
What I'm upset about is that I have the very clear feeling they had already started working on it and never had any intention to change it from the very beginning. But instead of being honest and saying so they kept trying to convince us that sewers were better, than dropped the debate and waited for things to calm down before announcing the result.

Of course they'd already started it. They weren't putting class hall locations up for a vote. This expansion has been in the works for quite some time.

Some folks in the community say, "we don't want Underbelly, we want Ravenholdt". Blizzard says, "we'll think about it". At a meeting, a CM brings the subject up for debate. The designers make their case for why they think the Underbelly is a better idea. The group reaches a consensus. They stick with the Underbelly.

There's nothing strange, mysterious, dishonest, or underhanded about it. The folks at Blizzard made a decision. Some people disagree with it. Blizzard heard them but continued to disagree. End of story.