I Don't Want Warcraft 4

General Discussion
I have wanted it for a very very long time, but after playing WoD (Bad), Hearthstone (Pseudo P2W), and HotS (Too simple to a fault), I am dreading the thought of what Blizzard might do to Warcraft 4. And this is not taking in to account the amount of micro-transactions they have been adding more and more of.
WTB WarCraft cRPG
Honestly if it was a repeat of Starcraft 2 where it's basically starcraft 1, I'd be fine with it.

Warcraft 3 was effectively perfect except for a few very specific balance flaws- like the Blademaster or how the orcs could effectively hide all their gatherers inside buildings but no one else had anything remotely like that- that for whatever reason Blizzard never really fixed.

Which was a shame- Warcraft 3 was the best RTS Blizzard ever produced.
Unlock the Naga Race for Warcraft 4 for $24.99!

Premium Hero Skins for $9.99!

Boosts your Farms to Level 3 instantly each match for $59.99!
Starcraft 1 was by far the best RTS Blizzard ever made. Warcraft 3 was a weird RTS/RPG hybrid that, while pretty fun, was super-light on the RTS and very heavy on the RPG-style micro. Starcraft and Brood Wars were pretty much the best RTS games ever made and that's not even my opinion. It was basically the first e-sport.
09/12/2015 09:31 PMPosted by Elaice
Hearthstone (Pseudo P2W)

Riddle me this, what card game ISN'T pay to win?
09/12/2015 09:54 PMPosted by Demues
Hearthstone (Pseudo P2W)

I am aware of that, and a card-game actually doesn't bother me much, what does bother me is the fact Blizzard implies it isn't because it's free and you can unlock cards with gold, I wouldn't have an issue with it if it wasn't implied. Plus the new expansion reeks of subtle power-creep despite their claims they want to avoid it.
I still want Warcraft 4.
RTS games just don't have the playerbase to sustain the awesomeness of WC3. It'd be a ghost town in a year, just like SC2.
09/12/2015 09:34 PMPosted by Lorendrethil
WTB WarCraft cRPG

A Warcraft single-player RPG would be great. It’d allow Blizz to do story things that they can’t do right now due to MMOisms while being more immersive than an RTS. In fact, I’d say it needs to happen given how badly the quest writers seem to want WoW to be a single-player RPG.

Also, given how far Blizzard’s world artists been able to stretch the creaky old WoW graphics engine while dealing with the possibility of 80+ units on screen, imagine what they could with a shiny new single-player RPG engine where none of that is a problem. It’d be blindingly gorgeous.
09/12/2015 09:35 PMPosted by Sylaraei
Honestly if it was a repeat of Starcraft 2 where it's basically starcraft 1, I'd be fine with it.

Warcraft 3 was effectively perfect except for a few very specific balance flaws- like the Blademaster or how the orcs could effectively hide all their gatherers inside buildings but no one else had anything remotely like that- that for whatever reason Blizzard never really fixed.

Which was a shame- Warcraft 3 was the best RTS Blizzard ever produced.

You think it was perfect? I'd argue -- strongly -- that hero units too dominated the action, and the game became less about army strategy than who could better pull their champion out of an early fight and not die.
I don't want a Warcraft IV made by their current team.

7 or 8 years ago, I'd be on board in a heartbeat. Now? Not a chance.
09/12/2015 10:36 PMPosted by Chroesire
09/12/2015 09:34 PMPosted by Lorendrethil
WTB WarCraft cRPG

A Warcraft single-player RPG would be great. It’d allow Blizz to do story things that they can’t do right now due to MMOisms while being more immersive than an RTS. In fact, I’d say it needs to happen given how badly the quest writers seem to want WoW to be a single-player RPG.

Also, given how far Blizzard’s world artists been able to stretch the creaky old WoW graphics engine while dealing with the possibility of 80+ units on screen, imagine what they could with a shiny new single-player RPG engine where none of that is a problem. It’d be blindingly gorgeous.

Pretty much.

It's also a relatively untapped market and Blizzard could step right in without too much competition.

Still, this year was a great year for cRPGs in general. Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, Shadowrun, Sword Coast Legends...

And if we could add a WarCraft title to that list, I can say goodbye to school and work.
So what are you doing here?
09/12/2015 10:31 PMPosted by Grayscaled
RTS games just don't have the playerbase to sustain the awesomeness of WC3. It'd be a ghost town in a year, just like SC2.

Personally, I don't care about a MP community ...I want the campaign, and to see if Blizz can still tell a story as compelling as Arthas', Sylvannas', Tyrande's, and yes, Thrall, when he wasn't so annoying.
09/12/2015 10:02 PMPosted by Elaice
you can unlock cards with gold, I wouldn't have an issue with it if it wasn't implied.

Having a free grindy way to play is better than having no alternative. Like if you wanna get started on yugioh or something, the initial investment is like 300-500 bucks depending on the deck
Plus the new expansion reeks of subtle power-creep despite their claims they want to avoid it.

All card games have this.
09/12/2015 11:42 PMPosted by Elaru
Plus the new expansion reeks of subtle power-creep despite their claims they want to avoid it.

All card games have this.

I would disagree <.< a type 1 deck in MTG will rock a type 2 deck.....
My concern is that Blizzard will make warcraft 4, but they will pull an activision and have all kinds of DLC crap , and try to cut the game apart and sell the pieces off as expansions. If this is what they are gonna do id rather they just didn't bother making it at all. I don't want my childhood memories of Warcraft 1 2 and 3 drug through the mud due to greedy, and disgusting business practices.

09/12/2015 09:54 PMPosted by Demues
Hearthstone (Pseudo P2W)

Hearthstone is a digital card game, and it''s not Pay to win. It's Freemium, and thats just as dirty. Hearthstone wasn't always like this. Back before GvG, the rate that you got cards actually felt decent. Now it feels like a hopeless grind that never ends and never becomes fun since you lose 7/10 games to players with more established collections.