Metamorphosis removed for warlocks?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I don't see any reason that warlocks shouldn't keep this ability in demonology spec.

In official lore, demon hunters stole much of their powers from the warlocks anyway. You can just make the demon hunter version, more epic.
We're not entirely sure what they're planning to do at this point. We know that they want demonology to focus more on demons, but that's about it. When they actually announce their plans for warlocks & metamorphosis, and I see a demonstration of how demonology will play in Legion, I'm sure a lot of us will have a lot of things to say, and if we're able to come together as a community and work towards a solution which is beneficial for all parties we can all have our cake, and eat it too.
As long as I don't lose my falling meteor ability. I use that seriously all the time.
I want to have two permanent demons.
I want to tame demons like hunters do their pets but I will take anything that's makes it more of a pet class than some vague demon form that lasts a few seconds with a long build up
08/18/2015 05:05 AMPosted by Ilockalot
I want to tame demons like hunters do their pets

see, if they take away metamorphosis and give us THIS, I will weep for joy and praise blizzard for life.

There would have to me limits, of course, mostly revolving around size, since nobody wants a ginormous pit lord following them around, but I'm sure they can make it work in the lore. Maybe enslaving and resummoning a demon limits their power in some way, that sort of thing. I don't know. All I know is that warlocks asking to be allowed to choose their own demons has been something we've asked for just as long as the rest of the community has asked for demon hunters XD

Of course, if blizzard gave us CUSTOMIZABLE skins for our current demons and the option to summon multiple demons at once, I'd be happy too!

There are a lot of options. If Blizzard is focusing demons they're bound to so SOMETHING fun with them :)
I'm hoping Demo gets demons on par with Hunter pets. Demo was my favourite spec in the entire game until nerfed. Now my main lock is rolling Destro until I find out what changes they're making to Demo.

I know some folks didn't like the new felhunter model... but I really want that as my demon! So much awesome. At least we're getting a mount version I guess.

But yeah... if they take out Meta I still want Demonic Leap.... use that all the time... sometimes not in the best of environments. (Cliffs etc.) But its so fun. :( Missing it on Destro muchly... also Drain Life... dammit. I want to go back to Demo.
Such Absolute Bull!@#$. Metamorphosis was one of the coolest looking ability's that a Warlock had... Not to mention the fact that Demonology so heavily centered around Metamorphosis for years.

Just because Demon Hunters have a "Metamorphosis" ability, it DOESN'T MEAN That Warlocks shouldn't.

I swear, Blizzards changes to the game get more convoluted with each major update/expansion.
So I lost my giant, green fel fire form in exchange for spamming demonic empowerment?

No thanks.
It's your punishment for bumping year old threads.
I'm largely satisfied with the changes made and was never particularly fond of Metamorphosis in the first place. That said:

08/18/2015 05:03 AMPosted by Pàmarack
I want to have two permanent demons.

I'd love to see that. And maybe some extended duration on the current summoning spells. I'd like the feel of having a whole horde of Demonic minions running around the battlefield.
I do miss Meteor tho. And also the one glyph to make it so that the lock mount ran on water...that was nice.

On the OTHER hand...dismount-glide-demon leaping from above is my new favorite thing. ALMOST as good as dismount-charge/intervening on a warrior.

Or shadowstepping from a fatal fall....I will miss you....shadowstep...but grappling hook is so good now...
Yeah, but just like in lore those bastard DH's steal our !@#$ again
08/18/2015 04:52 AMPosted by Elae
I don't see any reason that warlocks shouldn't keep this ability in demonology spec.

In official lore, demon hunters stole much of their powers from the warlocks anyway. You can just make the demon hunter version, more epic.

Actually in official lore it was warlock that stole from demon hunters and everything else.
The only thing warlocks didn't steal from anyone is summon demon.
08/24/2016 09:56 AMPosted by Xeragath
Just because Demon Hunters have a "Metamorphosis" ability, it DOESN'T MEAN That Warlocks shouldn't.

Demonology is now a spec that focuses on controlling demons, not turning into one. Blizzard's vision for the spec has changed.

I will say though, that Immolation Aura as a Vengeance DH is a lot of fun.
Demonology is now actually focused on, you know, demons, and controlling them. Something the spec always implied but never really did. Now it plays like a WoW version of a Diablo Necromancer or Witch Doctor. Whether that's your taste or not is subjective, but at least it has a theme. Demonology has been all over the place with no steady ground since Wrath.
Personally, I despised warlock demon form. It just made the class unfun for me to change forms. I like demonology the way it is now, with the focus on demons.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, so let the down voting begin.
Metamorphosis was never that great to begin with. People liked it because it was the closest you could come to actually playing a Demon Hunter in-game (aside from Rogues with a great transmog set). The form wasn't anything more than a 3d silhouette of Illidan's character model. The spec itself was unintuitive and clunky. Now you can actually be a Demon Hunter, at max level in 90 minutes, with a plethora of customization options. There is no need for Warlocks to have it anymore. And it's not like you need to spend weeks leveling a new character to get it back. You don't even have to spend an entire afternoon.
While I disagree entirely with cannibalizing other classes and specs to add new ones, I like the idea of the new demonology a lot more, but I also never liked Meta post-Cata. Adding insult to injury with the cannibalization though, DH meta is ridiculously shallow compared to even Cata Meta, which morphed your abilities into drastically different things and unlocked entirely new abilities.
08/24/2016 09:56 AMPosted by Xeragath
Such Absolute Bull!@#$. Metamorphosis was one of the coolest looking ability's that a Warlock had... Not to mention the fact that Demonology so heavily centered around Metamorphosis for years.

I swear, Blizzards changes to the game get more convoluted with each major update/expansion.

The change makes perfect sense, and warlocks having that ability always bothered me. Also, Necros are bad, next time start your own thread and post a link to an old thread if you think it's valid to your topic.