Fake achievement addon

General Discussion
...Not really. It's obnoxious. Wanting proof of a kill doesn't make you a bad person.

A good person is perfectly capable of having bad criteria, judgement, and decision-making skills.

But less likely. If they have the AOTC achievement, it means there is a better chance they know the fight, having good judgement and decision making skills compared to one who doesn't have it.

I'm not saying that's always the case, but it increases the likelihood with the more credentials you have.
08/29/2015 10:35 AMPosted by Lunchladyjo
welp. expect that one to get broken now

It's been around forever. Since Wrath at least. Any RL worth their salt armorys people anyway.
08/29/2015 10:42 AMPosted by Delun
So you want to cheat your way into a group you are not qualified to join? Better yet, once you discovered the cheat, you want to broadcast the secret throughout the internet. You must be a Millennial.
I mean, you've gotta speculate, to accumulate.
Does it create a fake on the armory as well?

As if people checks armory on everyone just to fill an weekly normal/heroic run...

Or you could try not sucking.

You won't have that possibility if you are not even invited
08/29/2015 10:59 AMPosted by Delun
08/29/2015 10:54 AMPosted by Inum
... I knew the fight well and did the jobs I was assigned without issue. It's not that I wasn't qualified, It's that LFG group requirements are often silly.

"I falsified my transcript and lied on my Resume to get the job I want. It's not that I wasn't qualified, it's that job requirements are often silly"

Wow, ... imagine if a Doctor did that. You wouldn't want to get assigned to that guy. O_o
"I falsified my transcript and lied on my Resume to get the job I want. It's not that I wasn't qualified, it's that job requirements are often silly"

While I think it's stupid to lie about one's accomplishments, it's a huge stretch to compare a video game to a job application.
I would rather not do something than lie and or use a cheat to do something, eventually, dishonesty has a way of creeping on you.
Not that I'd ever advocate using that addon, it honestly makes me sad to think of all the good players getting passed for not having the achievement.
I love all the complaining about someone using a fake achievement addon.

Do people not forget how much a catch 22 pugging can be

People can be more than qualified but because of one thing well sucks to be you

and honestly even if you fake the chieves once you down the boss and all of the sudden so and so got the achievement they down the boss for the 1st time no one in the raid cares they are too busy distributing the loot.

Seen it happen so many times.
08/29/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Inum
08/29/2015 10:35 AMPosted by Lunchladyjo
welp. expect that one to get broken now
Sadly true, the internal dilemma of letting this gem go unannounced and functional or telling people and getting it removed was too great. Use it while you can.

I've even seen people use an addon called lazyreadychecker that accepts readychecks while afk.

LOL, Lets compare a Video Game to real life.... This is isn't Operation, silly pants...
08/29/2015 01:16 PMPosted by Lughnasadh
Not that I'd ever advocate using that addon, it honestly makes me sad to think of all the good players getting passed for not having the achievement.

Spoilers: everybody thinks they're good enough and are just being unfairly rejected.
08/29/2015 01:27 PMPosted by Teneea
Spoilers: everybody thinks they're good enough and are just being unfairly rejected.

Spoiler: Everyone knows that, so it's not really a spoiler.
LFG Normal Archimonde. Must have already killed Mythic Archimonde and be covered in 800 ilvl gear. Baddies kicked. Everything on reserve.

Must also have 2200 rating, 30k achievement points, and be able to sneeze with your eyes open and have a cure for all global diseases in the world.
... I knew the fight well and did the jobs I was assigned without issue. It's not that I wasn't qualified, It's that LFG group requirements are often silly.

This is the dumbest comparison i have ever read....

I get that people want to reduce their chances for failure - it's just the simple, logical choice to make. But you're also gating people who could be an asset but won't find out due to that criteria.

Serve one's own needs to get a fast and assured run today, or take a chance on someone where they turn out to be good enough to also join the raiding pool.
08/29/2015 01:36 PMPosted by Lughnasadh

I get that people want to reduce their chances for failure - it's just the simple, logical choice to make. But you're also gating people who could be an asset but won't find out due to that criteria.

Serve one's own needs to get a fast and assured run today, or take a chance on someone where they turn out to be good enough to also join the raiding pool.

You're asking for PuGs to have more of the "mentoring" mindset. That's just not going to happen. This is one reason why guilds are still a thing, there's a good number of them willing to teach those willing to learn. Asking a random selection of strangers to take a chance on people that have nothing to make their case... Does that sound realistic, to you?

That said, "learning raids" still happen and pop up on occasion in the finder. It's pretty rare though, and are almost always organized by a guild.
08/29/2015 10:42 AMPosted by Delun
So you want to cheat your way into a group you are not qualified to join?
I knew the fight well and did the jobs I was assigned without issue. It's not that I wasn't qualified, It's that LFG group requirements are often silly.

Regardless of you not agreeing with the requirements, you still did not meet them and cheated your way into the group.
[quote="185941431937"]You're asking for PuGs to have more of the "mentoring" mindset. That's just not going to happen. This is one reason why guilds are still a thing, there's a good number of them willing to teach those willing to learn. Asking a random selection of strangers to take a chance on people that have nothing to make their case... Does that sound realistic, to you?

That said, "learning raids" still happen and pop up on occasion in the finder. It's pretty rare though, and are almost always organized by a guild.

I'd honestly settle for just giving more people a chance to see what they already can do, and then take action if they don't meet that standard.
not all raid teams don't require you to have AOTC achieve, rather than lie your way into a group why don't you just find those groups. our guild doesnt require it, so its not like they are not out there. I guaranty this though, you link us an AOTC and start screwing up mechanics or doing less than 40k dps you will be kicked.

08/29/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Teneea

that would be us for Arch :)