Players: "We don't like versatility."

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
09/07/2015 09:36 AMPosted by Secondwind
Versatility actually serves a unique purpose among secondaries, it is just undertuned.

Multistrike is a crit that procs more frequently for less damage that you will never really notice unless your spec has a proc tied to it or you look at logs.

But I love seeing continuous stream of blue from my mage to it's target!
People liked it, so they had to get rid of it.
09/07/2015 12:32 PMPosted by Tawney
Most people dislike versatility because it's not a top stat for many specs.

Most people dislike it because it doesn't do anything. It's every boring passive +damage increase that Blizzard spent years scrubbing from the game because there's no game play there. Whether it's my best stat, or my worst stat, the end result is that it doesn't provide anything for me to react to or respond to.

Multi-strike does.
I have a 3-step suggestion:

-buff versatility
-remove multistrike and re-empower haste
-REMOVE GLOBAL COOLDOWN.

(I'd be so thrilled)

"IF only" (IF is such a big word)

do that and re-instate talent trees....the game would be so much fun...(laughs and laughs and laughs). I said "fun", didn't I; well then, these things will never happen in ANY form whatsoever. WOW=the anti-fun game.
09/07/2015 09:56 AMPosted by Hobimpitt
I could have sworn though that there was at least one spec that put Versatility higher than last place in stat priority. I just can't remember which one though.

Survival Hunter, which no one plays anymore since it received crushing nerfs.
Versatility is a much more useful stat than multistrike in PvP, and Multistrike is basically just crit... boring.

I'm fine with multistrike being gone and versatility remaining.
09/07/2015 02:58 PMPosted by Stx
Versatility is a much more useful stat than multistrike in PvP, and Multistrike is basically just crit... boring.

I'm fine with multistrike being gone and versatility remaining.

Versatility is basically just a watered down version of attack power, spell power, and some varied form of armor all merged together into one stat.
09/07/2015 02:55 PMPosted by Helvredes
09/07/2015 09:56 AMPosted by Hobimpitt
I could have sworn though that there was at least one spec that put Versatility higher than last place in stat priority. I just can't remember which one though.

Survival Hunter, which no one plays anymore since it received crushing nerfs.

Hi there.
Multistrike is not like crit at all. It gives you another attack at a less % doing X amount of dmg. Those multistrikes themselves do have a chance to crit. So no, its not like crit at all.
09/07/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Jiha
Blizzard: "Let's take away multistrike!"

Legion's already shaping up to be WoD 2.0.

Multistrike was only useful if your class had a specific proc or rotation based around it.
If not it's no different than crit and there are quite a few specs that never stack crit unless suddenly a tier piece or newly added ability revision requires it.

Versatility actually had a huge majority of use, but once again it was class dependent.
All DKs could use versatility pretty freely (as long as they didn't stack too much of it).
BDK could use it for damage reduction, damage gain, and healing gain (exactly as was intended).
FDK could use versatility to increase all damage, instead of just frost damage (based off our mastery).
note- in some cases you would have a piece of gear with both mastery/vers huge damage gain.
Unholy which gained less than FDK on the damage scale, made up for this in a bit of survivability gained.
I'd say it's a bit too early to start complaining and bringing out the pitchforks when we don't even know what it's being replaced with, let alone what fine tuning will be done to existing stats. Best thing anyone can do to help is to sign up for the Beta and give actual, factual, input. Honestly, I wish I could aim for something other than MS on my Blood DK for mitigation, like if Vers and Leech had good return values.
Versatility actually serves a unique purpose among secondaries, it is just undertuned.

I agree, if they tuned it properly it'd be a more tempting option.
09/07/2015 03:14 PMPosted by Cryptdust

I agree, if they tuned it properly it'd be a more tempting option.

How would it even be able to be tuned better? Right now its just a sort of cure all like stat you just put points into for increased damage, healing, and survivability.
Vers is a redundant stat that doesn't scale in any meaningful way for every class in the game.

Multistrike is meaningful only for certain specs it's true...but it has uses for some class specs. Whereas versatility is never really a priority over something else due to how badly it scales...it also overlaps multiple other stats. Making it entirely redundant
09/07/2015 03:09 PMPosted by Blues
Versatility actually had a huge majority of use,

No it really didn't. Even in PvP it's only benefit is that it was resilience and PvP power rolled up into a single stat.

All DKs could use versatility pretty freely

Yeah, if they wanted to be a burden on their group.
If they are gonna keep versatility, please, limit it to PvP only. It seems to me to have nearly the same effect as PvP Resil/Power but it works for everything not just players. Please Blizzard, consign this stat to PvP. Want to remove Multistrike fine, but don't replace it with versatility when the pre-xpac patch hits and just let PvE revolve around Crit, Haste, and Mastery.
I am too lazy to read every comment to this post...so...

They are removing Multistrike in Legion? I've not been playing WOW for too long, but it seems when they change things (like this) & attempt to *fix* what this change brings, they fix it right into being broken.

Oi...
09/07/2015 03:38 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Versatility actually had a huge majority of use,

No it really didn't. Even in PvP it's only benefit is that it was resilience and PvP power rolled up into a single stat.

All DKs could use versatility pretty freely

Yeah, if they wanted to be a burden on their group.

"Burden on their group"
Considering there are players farther than you are on raid progression that have versatility pieces on their toon, I highly doubt it's a burden on their group.
Just because you don't like something in WoW, doesn't make it not viable.

-Edited-
Example
Mythic Hot-Rolled Iron Bracers.
The stats alone from the next heroic down, mixed with the factor that versatility can be useful and multi strike is useful for FDK makes this a worthwhile upgrade.
-Edited-
09/07/2015 02:34 PMPosted by Bomdanil
09/07/2015 12:32 PMPosted by Tawney
Most people dislike versatility because it's not a top stat for many specs.

Most people dislike it because it doesn't do anything. It's every boring passive +damage increase that Blizzard spent years scrubbing from the game because there's no game play there. Whether it's my best stat, or my worst stat, the end result is that it doesn't provide anything for me to react to or respond to.

Multi-strike does.

Yes, THIS.