Is there an addon...

General Discussion
That lets people see your character, even if you're in a different zone?

Some guy whispered me "hi".

Then creepily said "I just want to see the pretty warlock" after I replied to his "hi".

Just... what?
That's creepy.
They can armory you.
09/08/2015 01:13 PMPosted by Snowfox
They can armory you.

True that, but I've heard of a RP profile addon having a similar function; whisper person, whisper back, they can see your RP profile... so I thought it was a similar case.
No. That guy was just being creepy.

I hope that makes you feel better.
You're on Moon Guard. These weird and creepy things happen there.

Even before I looked over at your character portrait, I thought "This person must be on Moon Guard."
I'm lvling a rogue on moonguard. Its interesting to say the least
09/08/2015 02:18 PMPosted by Tewa

Yeah, but they usually stay in the Elwynn Forest region. :|
No add-on needed, the /who feature gives you plenty of info.
09/08/2015 02:21 PMPosted by Melithiria

When I was leveling my human paladin on Moon Guard I used to get whispers from a certain guy who would sit in Stormwind and just whisper every woman that walked by, "/peers at you through his Gnomish X-Ray Specs" (actually linking the item in chat). It creeped me out and I ignored him every time it happened. I would later forget that I ignored him, not recognize his name, remove him, only to have him do it again months or a year later. Luckily I haven't had to update my ignore lists much since so his name has stuck there, but I never saw him there for a while now.
hi
I've never used it to spy from other zones but "/mrp show Melithiria" would supposedly show them your profile. I guess it's possible they might have basically stalked you from forums/twitter/tumblr or something in a clumsy attempt to make in-game contact, too. Weird.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

When I was leveling my human paladin on Moon Guard I used to get whispers from a certain guy who would sit in Stormwind and just whisper every woman that walked by, "/peers at you through his Gnomish X-Ray Specs" (actually linking the item in chat). It creeped me out and I ignored him every time it happened. I would later forget that I ignored him, not recognize his name, remove him, only to have him do it again months or a year later. Luckily I haven't had to update my ignore lists much since so his name has stuck there, but I never saw him there for a while now.

Gnomish X-Ray Specs are perhaps the worst item in the entire game and I would like to see them removed. If I see another player wearing them it is an instant ignore. Pretty low for another player to sit there and look at another player's toon like that. Laugh and downvote all y'all want I am just saying it would be nice to see such a trashy toon-privacy invading item nerfed.
09/08/2015 02:21 PMPosted by Melithiria

If only creepery people stayed in one place right?
He was probably using the guild finder add-on. This add-on allows another player to /who any zone in the game (except starting zones now) and see who is there. Then, they just click the add-on to send any player that is not in a guild (or even in a guild if they choose) a message of their choice. His message was probably just, "Hi" to test out the water or something.

This is pretty common for me. It's also a nice secretive way for a player to find out that you're not in a guild so they can attempt to get you in his/hers. He probably just set the message to say, "Hi" so that you didn't know/think he was using the spam add-on. (Most people hate this add-on and if they find out you're using it will either /ignore you, or completely not respond altogether)

So, it could have been a secretive way of trying to pull you out of your current guild, and into a new one.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Gnomish X-Ray Specs are perhaps the worst item in the entire game and I would like to see them removed. If I see another player wearing them it is an instant ignore. Pretty low for another player to sit there and look at another player's toon like that. Laugh and downvote all y'all want I am just saying it would be nice to see such a trashy toon-privacy invading item nerfed.

Really? Come one its really not that bad, unless its at the level of the person you quoted, then its kind of perverted. :P

Just to be clear i dont have them.
Just tell him you're a dude (cause you probably are) ... problem solved.

Wow that is just....

Wow.
09/08/2015 02:57 PMPosted by Bissafiyah
Really? Come one its really not that bad, unless its at the level of the person you quoted, then its kind of perverted. :P

Just to be clear i dont have them.

It really is to me, Bissafiyah. I am not playing here.

Even if the player is just standing there not whispering anyone and just looking at toons come and go, I don't like it one single bit.

See even in a sometimes hostile "lolumad" "haha, lame" environment that we have here, I am not afraid to convey emotion. I take my toons very seriously and I am very much triggered and offended when someone looks at my toon like that. Screw some random player who sits up there and just looks at my toon in her panties and bra like that, and I really wish Blizzard would remove the item from the game. As a matter of fact I would be honored if I could fly out to Irvine and be the person who selects the item and clicks "delete." I'd rather someone lifegrip my toon off a ledge or misdirect a raid boss into her than look under her clothes like that.
[ Gnomish X-Ray Specs are perhaps the worst item in the entire game and I would like to see them removed. If I see another player wearing them it is an instant ignore. Pretty low for another player to sit there and look at another player's toon like that. Laugh and downvote all y'all want I am just saying it would be nice to see such a trashy toon-privacy invading item nerfed.

I wear this item in raids.
It makes me feel a little bit better watching everyone do their job in LFR naked.

...mostly because a lot of the DPS may as well be naked with the damage I see them do.