Demon Hunter

General Discussion
Any else think they may switch main to Demon Hunter after they get a feel for the class in Legion? I know I will be most likely:)
No. I have no desire to play this class.

I think a lot of the younger players are fascinated with this though, good for them. Hope it keeps them happy.
08/25/2015 07:12 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz

I think a lot of the younger players are fascinated with this though, good for them. Hope it keeps them happy.

You do realise its mainly gonna be older players playing them because Illidan was fan favorite far more in WC3 than he was in WoW
I play every class, don't really have a main but I'll probably level a demon hunter first.
08/25/2015 07:16 AMPosted by Shoobyy
08/25/2015 07:12 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz

You do realise its mainly gonna be older players playing them because Illidan was fan favorite far more in WC3 than he was in WoW

No...I don't.

I think that mainly younger players are concerned with the FoTM garbage. Just like DKs, every 12 year old around had one.

I expect that DH will be the exact same. They will be OP, which will increase the number of people playing them.
I'm not looking forward to dungeons with 4 demon hunters in the group.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No...I don't.

I think that mainly younger players are concerned with the FoTM garbage. Just like DKs, every 12 year old around had one.

I expect that DH will be the exact same. They will be OP, which will increase the number of people playing them.

I pretty much grew up with WoW. I started playing WoW when I was 12 years old and I find it rude to generalize all young players like that and Hunters are still the most played class since Vanilla...
Not gonna play a DH... or even an elf. I'm too butch to be an elf, even a male one.
I will play a DH, at least once to try the class, but I doubt I will change my main.
My rogue may become a demon hunter, depending on how rouges get treated going forward, and how OP DH becomes.
08/25/2015 07:25 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz

No...I don't.

I pretty much grew up with WoW. I started playing it when I was 12 and I find it rude to generalize all young players like that.

Well....I was in my mid 30s when WoW was released, so you and my son are about the same age. Sorry if that offends you, but that's my frame of reference for people of that age.

If you were playing when DKs were released it seemed like every kid around had one. It's not meant to offend, it's just the way that I remember that time.
Change main? No, but it will be the second class I level.
It doesn't seem like a smart idea trying to ascribe the feeling that only young players want to play the demon hunter because they want to feel cool. We're playing a computer game (with the fantasy theme too), something was for kids, but everyone plays computer games, so why is the demon hunter just for younger players? Why can't anyone play the demon hunter because it's a fun new class to play? Is it not considered cool, is it onsidered immature to enjoy things anymore? Or are you joining in the opinion that you think kids want to be dark and edgy just because they want to play demon hunter, in which case I think you are projecting so hard we can point you a wall and use you to show films.

I'm looking forward to playing demon hunter alongside every class that I play.
If it pays similarly enough to Rogue perhaps.
I'm sure I will level one.

Who knows, if its amazing, it may become my new main.
08/25/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Urienrakarth
It doesn't seem like a smart idea trying to ascribe the feeling that only young players want to play the demon hunter because they want to feel cool. We're playing a computer game (with the fantasy theme too), something was for kids, but everyone plays computer games, so why is the demon hunter just for younger players? Why can't anyone play the demon hunter because it's a fun new class to play? Is it not considered cool, is it onsidered immature to enjoy things anymore? Or are you joining in the opinion that you think kids want to be dark and edgy just because they want to play demon hunter, in which case I think you are projecting so hard we can point you a wall and use you to show films.

I'm looking forward to playing demon hunter alongside every class that I play.

I gave my opinion on it. I'm also entitled to it.

Why does it bother so many of you people what my opinion of that will be? Why are you so sensitive to feel the need to defend a demographic of a video game?

If you want to play it...great!! Awesome, have fun with it.
I MIGHT level one, but I will most likely not change my main.
I don't play elves under any circumstance, so no I won't be switching mains.
My plan (right now) is to make a Demon Hunter first in Legion and see how I like it. If I like it enough to main I will. If not I'll level this character.
08/25/2015 07:29 AMPosted by Aleysa
I'm not looking forward to dungeons with 4 demon hunters in the group.
Oh God the horror! The nightmares of Wrath!! Dk's man, DK everywhere! I am not ready for DH.