Meaningless Punishment BG Leveling

General Discussion
If you level in a BG and that level moves you to a higher bracket, you are now removed from the BG and marked as a coward for leaving. That is either a bug, or a serious oversight on Blizzard's part. The fun of levling in BG's is that moment when, for the rest of that one BG, you rock. Now it is a punishment to level that way. This needs to be fixed. This game is already punishing and boring enough.
Specifically this toon (My 17th, I think) confirmed what I had suspected with other toons that have hit 100 in BG's.

I liked the fact that toons are scaled to max level for the bracket. It makes the Heirloom twink problem that I'm sure was a frustration for players who didn't invest in Heirlooms less of a problem and more of a reward for playing the game with multiple toons.

There are good changes, and then there are meaningless changes that just make the game less fun. This is the latter.
09/11/2015 10:07 PMPosted by Rasmortis
If you level in a BG and that level moves you to a higher bracket, you are now removed from the BG and marked as a coward for leaving. That is either a bug, or a serious oversight on Blizzard's part. The fun of levling in BG's is that moment when, for the rest of that one BG, you rock. Now it is a punishment to level that way. This needs to be fixed. This game is already punishing and boring enough.

Most likely a bug unless it was announced. Although, if the change is intended your anecdote of "rocking" the rest of the BG because you're 1 level higher not only doesn't help the argument, but its fairly inaccurate as there isn't any significant difference.
I don't honestly care if it helps the argument or not, or if the experience is anecdotal alone. This change breaks what was fun about leveling in BG's.
It only makes a big difference in the jump from 99-100 and even then only if you have a ton of BoE pieces ready to go, although it'd make the outlier players with 3 6/6 pieces already stomping the bracket even more powerful.

At the very least the deserter debuff shouldn't be getting applied when you're removed.
09/11/2015 10:22 PMPosted by Rasmortis
I don't honestly care if it helps the argument or not, or if the experience is anecdotal alone. This change breaks what was fun about leveling in BG's.

...but you should.

You're pointing out something you deem to give you an unfair advantage and acknowledging Blizzard may have made a correction due to said unfair advantage. If you needed that unfair advantage to "have fun leveling in BGs" (who does, btw?) then you're putting your own foot in your mouth.

The reality is it does not give you any tangible advantage. It's all in your head.
09/11/2015 10:37 PMPosted by Qujo
09/11/2015 10:22 PMPosted by Rasmortis

...but you should.

You're pointing out something you deem to give you an unfair advantage and acknowledging Blizzard may have made a correction due to said unfair advantage. If you needed that unfair advantage to "have fun leveling in BGs" (who does, btw?) then you're putting your own foot in your mouth.

The reality is it does not give you any tangible advantage. It's all in your head.

You can argue what's in the OP's head all you want, but what you can't argue is that the Deserter Buff is reality and is wrong. No one should get penalized for leveling in a BG or a Dungeon or a Raid.
09/11/2015 10:54 PMPosted by Jumpingjim
09/11/2015 10:37 PMPosted by Qujo

...but you should.

You can argue what's in the OP's head all you want, but what you can't argue is that the Deserter Buff is reality and is wrong. No one should get penalized for leveling in a BG or a Dungeon or a Raid.

I can definitely agree with that. If they're going to remove you from the game a deserter buff should not be accompanied.
indeed one of the many ways blizz nerfs

FUN

I loved preparing my leveling set for when I would ding in a bg

...and become even more godlike....but the whiny choots

cry O noes not fair....even though they could have done the same themselves

lazy chootz
09/11/2015 10:30 PMPosted by Uhmen
At the very least the deserter debuff shouldn't be getting applied when you're removed.

At the very least. Considering that the feeling one dominates the BG has been labeled an illusion, I don't see the problem with letting players stay in the BG even after they level.
Dominating the BG aside, removing you from the BG is all and good but the deserter debuff is unacceptable!

This as someone who isn't leveling anything, much less leveling in battlegrounds.
Considering that out-levelling your bracket while in a BG can only happen once per character, per bracket, I really don't know why they forced the player's ejection.

Since it's not repeatable, it can't be exploited, so what's wrong with having a little dessert?
If it can only happen once per bracket per character, how is this a "serious oversight"?

I mean I understand pvp is serious business but honestly.
Hmm a simple solution might be that all experience earned in a BG is only applied at the end of the game when the scoreboard comes up? Not sure how feasible that would be.
if you have the gear for say lvl 30 in bag while youre29 then yes. but if not i believe you take a hit on overall stats

bracers belt feet.
They probably do it that way because if not someone could juke the system and continue to bg while at a higher level. Definitely shouldn't give them a deserter debuff though.

09/14/2015 11:19 AMPosted by Waraila
Hmm a simple solution might be that all experience earned in a BG is only applied at the end of the game when the scoreboard comes up? Not sure how feasible that would be.

That would lead to twinks dominating bgs and leaving at the last second. Its the whole reason they separated people who turn off experience. I personally wouldn't mind that but I'm pretty sure they want it that way.

09/14/2015 11:24 AMPosted by Detavele
if you have the gear for say lvl 30 in bag while youre29 then yes. but if not i believe you take a hit on overall stats

The thing is people can get some game changing abilities and access to more talents.
09/14/2015 11:30 AMPosted by Deebõ
That would lead to twinks dominating bgs and leaving at the last second. Its the whole reason they separated people who turn off experience. I personally wouldn't mind that but I'm pretty sure they want it that way.

Even if they leave they'd get all the experience, is what I mean... leave / disconnect / end of the match.. whatever makes you leave the game would give you the experience you earned. As leaving and disconnecting give you the deserter anyway, even if they ding from that it wouldn't make a difference. They'd still have to wait out deserter until they can queue for the next bracket.
09/14/2015 11:19 AMPosted by Waraila

This would be preferable to what occurs now.