On becoming a demon

Story Forum
Light research on demons and a thread I recently read brought me to a reoccurring question that's popped up in my head. I was wondering if there are many instances of people becoming members of one of the major demonic species of the Legion; for example with Giselda the Crone/the Beautiful.

The closest I can recall is with the satyr, and I'm not even sure if that's still canon.
Well as we can see from Satyr and Fel Orcs, there's certain aspects that demons exaggerate so they can use that power, infuse it with Fel and shadow and throw it at the next planet. Night Elves gain horns, claws, and goat-like features (even the eyes, if you pay attention), and if gain enough energy grow wings (Illidan despite not technically being a satyr, and Xavius). Orcs gain spikes all over their bodies, they become bulkier usually.
Eredar don't seem to change much, though some do gain red skin, and Blood elves get cracked skin and wings right away.
I was referring more to something like a dwarf turning into a felguard or something along those lines, hence my mention of Giselda.
I don't think we're supposed to think that Giselda the Crone literally became a Shivarra. It's more like they needed her to become a big female demon and that's the closest model they had on hand.
I'm with Saraeth, that Griselda didn't turn into an "existing demon" but instead a giant, multi-armed, orc-demon.
Surprisingly I hadn't consider that. I suppose that's likely the case, though now it leaves me wondering why demonic corruption bestow upon her, and perhaps other individuals, such a specific form; Something to do with the particular method perhaps?
08/18/2015 09:56 PMPosted by Yonara
Something to do with the particular method perhaps?

Very likely, but I think it is unknown at the moment.
There's a quest in Feralas that features a night elf who was turned into a Terror-Guard.

It eventually comes out that the quest giver is a night elf who had become a succubus back during the war of the Ancients.

But! In situations like that, it's always a question of whether we're supposed to take that at face value, or just assume they'd look different if they had their own, unique models. Maybe she should've been a female Satyr.

The various demons of the Burning Legion have their own race names. The Eredar, at least, didn't change their name after becoming Demons. Did the Mo'arg? Did the Sayaad?

As a rule, though, demonic corruption doesn't turn different races into the same demons. It makes them mutate into a demon, but it's a different kind of demon. Orcs become really big and red. Blood elves turned grey and grew feathered wings. Night elves - well, Illidan grew horns and wings and hooves, but most ended up turned into Satyr.

Right now, it's most likely that either Succubi are all Sayaad, or a Sayaad is the name for a demon-corrupted version of a set race. And it's probably not night elves. Though there are some features in common, the demon hunter transformation makes you into something very similar, and there'll be no escaping the Succubus (Not A Demon Hunters on all RP once Legion hits, whether there's a connection or not.

It's something we'll probably get more details on in Legion.
08/18/2015 11:03 PMPosted by Sylassanna
As a rule, though, demonic corruption doesn't turn different races into the same demons. It makes them mutate into a demon, but it's a different kind of demon. Orcs become really big and red. Blood elves turned grey and grew feathered wings. Night elves - well, Illidan grew horns and wings and hooves, but most ended up turned into Satyr.

The Night elves turning into a satyr is from a specific type of transformation. It doesn't mean that any/all Night elves who become demons would become satyrs. That was just Xavian's particular transformation. One that he learned how to pass on to anyone else (Night elves, humans, dwarves, goblins or any other race) via spells. It doesn't mean that every Night elf that is infused with enough demonic energy would turn into a satyr. A demon (of some kind) yes. A satyr? No. In all likelihood, it would be similar to the High/Blood elf transformation since that race is biologically compatible with Night elves.
I was under the impression the two demons in Feralas were actually demons who only took elven guise, so as to gain the aid of stupid adventurers.