Playable High Elves

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 19 Next
09/08/2015 12:41 PMPosted by Sanyaza
Your comparisons are cherry-picked. The Blood Elves did not abandon their old ties, their old allies attempted to exterminate them. They were abandoned.

If you mean Garithos, I'm not sure how a Dreadlord controlled human Warlord in a post-apocalyptic landscape really represents Ironforge, Stormwind, Dalaran, Lordaeron, etc... Yes, he was possessed by a Dreadlord. The man was willing to work with Sylvanas, an -undead- elf. If he hated elves so much, you think he'd at least have tried to kill her on sight, or after Capital City was cleared, but no, Garithos actually -kept his word- when the fighting ended. Its clear his attempt to wipe out Kael'thas and the 15% of the survivors that had followed him to Quel'Thalas, was the design of a Dreadlord.

Your comparison claiming they're 'mutated' also falls flat.

When did I say this?

You also speak as if the High Elves are incredibly moral, ignoring what happened during the Purge of Dalaran.

Inconsistent characterizations is, sadly, still lore. If you ever notice, when it comes to Blizzard giving Horde races a reason for being in the Horde instead of the Alliance, it involves the Alliance acting very out-of-character to justify it. That said, I don't disagree, the Silver Covenant, was not acting by any morals the High Elves embrace. However, as I've already noted, the Silver Covenant is comprised of only a -portion- of the High Elves in -Dalaran.- They do not represent High Elves elsewhere in Azeroth or beyond.
09/08/2015 02:24 PMPosted by Andurath
Your comparisons are cherry-picked. The Blood Elves did not abandon their old ties, their old allies attempted to exterminate them. They were abandoned.

If you mean Garithos, I'm not sure how a Dreadlord controlled human Warlord in a post-apocalyptic landscape really represents Ironforge, Stormwind, Dalaran, Lordaeron, etc... Yes, he was possessed by a Dreadlord. The man was willing to work with Sylvanas, an -undead- elf. If he hated elves so much, you think he'd at least have tried to kill her on sight, or after Capital City was cleared, but no, Garithos actually -kept his word- when the fighting ended. Its clear his attempt to wipe out Kael'thas and the 15% of the survivors that had followed him to Quel'Thalas, was the design of a Dreadlord.

Your comparison claiming they're 'mutated' also falls flat.

When did I say this?

You also speak as if the High Elves are incredibly moral, ignoring what happened during the Purge of Dalaran.

Inconsistent characterizations is, sadly, still lore. If you ever notice, when it comes to Blizzard giving Horde races a reason for being in the Horde instead of the Alliance, it involves the Alliance acting very out-of-character to justify it. That said, I don't disagree, the Silver Covenant, was not acting by any morals the High Elves embrace. However, as I've already noted, the Silver Covenant is comprised of only a -portion- of the High Elves in -Dalaran.- They do not represent High Elves elsewhere in Azeroth or beyond.

You do realize Garithos was possessed long after Kael left, right? And, while he did hate elves, he did find uses for them. Granted, he tried to get them wiped out without making it look like they were being wiped out. He milked them for all they were worth, and if you saw my previous post, none of his men spoke out against his treatment of the elves, the dwarves included.
Its clear his attempt to wipe out Kael'thas and the 15% of the survivors that had followed him to Quel'Thalas, was the design of a Dreadlord.

Considering he became mind controlled pretty far after he tried to kill the Blood Elves, and after they escaped, I'm going to go ahead and say no, the Dreadlord had absolutely nothing to do with that.

When did I say this?

My bad, this guy did
09/08/2015 07:05 AMPosted by Cluck
Then Blood elf also got all mutated so technically a Blood Elf, is no longer a High Elf.

09/08/2015 02:24 PMPosted by Andurath

I'm not sure I'd agree with the Alliance always acting 'out of character'. They're not as righteous as many seem to think them, and never have been. If we're going to complain about characters doing complete 180s for no reason, though, I'll have to bring up the fact that Garrosh bombing a city with civilians in it was pretty out of character when he threw a general off a mountain for something similar.
09/08/2015 02:10 PMPosted by Sanyaza
Hey, that's some nice slaughtering of history, painting the Allies as the problem. The Munich Agreement occurred because they didn't want to fight, but later said that Poland would be a red line. Annnnd Germany invades Poland. Mm. All Britain, France, and Russia's fault though, right?

Read, "Hitler, Churchill, and the Unnecessary War," before running your mouth. The British regarded Germany's claim to Danzig to be the most just (in fact, the city overwhelmingly voted for annexation back into the Reich on multiple occasions). Regardless, Hitler -- who was on excellent terms with the Polish PM before his death (Pilsudski) -- offered generous terms to the Poles in exchange for their cessation of claims towards Danzig (a German city), as well as, a cessation of hostilities towards the German minority within Poland, and a rail/road link to Prussia, e.g. recognition of the Polish state and its borders, a military alliance against the Soviet Union, economic and military aid to the nation-state, and the construction of a Polish harbor opposite Danzig. Now, obviously, if your head wasn't stuck so far up your posterior, you would know about these historical facts. No, it was the British and French war hawks -- led by Churchill and the banking cabals -- that pushed Britain into declaring Danzig off-limits. Furthermore, Hitler's invasion into Bohemia (historical German lands to begin with) didn't occur until after the collapse of the Czech government (roughly a year later) and multiple Communist uprisings and riots throughout the region. So, yes, the fault with the Second World War lies squarely on the Allied powers for declaring WAR on Germany, as well as, for refusing upwards of forty peace accords from Hitler -- who, by the way, had an extreme admiration for the British people, culture, and civilization -- to the British and the French! Likewise, where was the declaration of war against Russia for THEIR invasion of Poland?

No, my obtuse friend, you have no grasp of history, nor do you have any right to interject your baseless arguments into the subject at hand. Hitler was primarily concerned with forming an anti-Comiturn pact that was aimed towards the containment and destruction of the Judeo-Communist uprisings throughout Europe as well as the Judeo-Communist control of the Christian kingdom of Russia and the Christian lands throughout Eastern Europe. Now, before you interject another idiotic comment into this thread, I'll point out some further details for you:

a) Read Churchill's, "Zionism versus Communism: A Struggle for the Heart of World Jewry."
b) Recognize that Winston Churchill was the primary instigator of the First and Second World Wars (a strong Germany was an economic and military threat to the British Empire)
c) Read about the "Haavarra Agreement" that set forth the Jewish settlement of Palestine at the behest of the German government and the Zionist movement.
d) Read, "Hitler's Secret Library," that goes into detail about Hitler's personal philosophy and outlook on life as well as his love for knowledge.
e) Read about the rise of Communism throughout Europe and the Jewish role in the movement, e.g. Leon Trotsky, Lenin, Joe Slovo (ANC -- South Africa), Jacob Schiff, Beria, Bela Kun, the central leaders of every Communist movement, Jewish financiers, the Holodomor, and the Jewish role in the murder of the Tsar and his family.
f) Read about the Jewish role in his military and government via German mischlings.(such as Erhard Milch).
g) Read about the spread of Communism around the globe and the "individuals" that were responsible.
h) Read about the Frankfurt School.
i) In short, just read! There are plenty of books about this subject that are available at your local library for free.

P.S. Austria voted for a return to the Reich, Bohemia voted for a return to the Reich, and in the war against Poland, the German denizens voted for a return to the Reich, and these actions were merely reclamation efforts against the injustices -- including the mass starvation of millions of Germans -- that were imposed after the First World War (which, by the way, the Germans didn't lose). Furthermore, Hitler offered to withdraw from every territory outside of the reclaimed areas of Germany on MULTIPLE, and I mean MULTIPLE, occasions. No, my obtuse friend, you're the only one that's slaughtering history by your useless parroting and regurgitating of incorrect facts that you, most likely, learned at your local, indoctrination center, i.e. a government school.
09/08/2015 02:29 PMPosted by Serath
You do realize Garithos was possessed long after Kael left, right?

Can you provide a source for this? Many people have made the claim, but failed to source it. All we know is that Garithos being possessed was revealed in Sylvanas' Campaign of WC3:TFT, not -when- Garithos was possessed. Considering Garithos' hatred for elves -and- undead, it would be highly uncharacteristic of him to not only not try to kill Sylvanas on sight, but to even honor his word that she and the Forsaken could leave Capital City safely after they helped purge it of the Scourge and Dreadlords.
The source is in the campaign itself if you play through. I believe Varimathras makes mention of it.
09/08/2015 03:45 PMPosted by Aenistris
Read, "Hitler, Churchill, and the Unnecessary War," before running your mouth. The British regarded Germany's claim to Danzig to be the most just (in fact, the city overwhelmingly voted for annexation back into the Reich on multiple occasions).

They didn't vote for jack. Local affiliates of Hitler's political party took over the city government and proceeded to suppress any and all opposition, trying their damndest to ensure any non-Germans left, died, or were intimidated into staying out of their way. Any votes held under such conditions are absolutely meaningless, because when the streets are roamed by thugs with guns you're damn well not going out and voting wrong. Your attempt to paint them as any sort of just is disgusting, by the way, considering that they then carted off the poles and Jews to be slaughtered in Slutthof.

Regardless, Hitler -- who was on excellent terms with the Polish PM before his death (Pilsudski) -- offered generous terms to the Poles in exchange for their cessation of claims towards Danzig (a German city), as well as, a cessation of hostilities towards the German minority within Poland, and a rail/road link to Prussia, e.g. recognition of the Polish state and its borders, a military alliance against the Soviet Union, economic and military aid to the nation-state, and the construction of a Polish harbor opposite Danzig.

He made what you view as generous offers. They were declined.

Now, obviously, if your head wasn't stuck so far up your posterior, you would know about these historical facts. No, it was the British and French war hawks -- led by Churchill and the banking cabals -- that pushed Britain into declaring Danzig off-limits. Furthermore, Hitler's invasion into Bohemia (historical German lands to begin with) didn't occur until after the collapse of the Czech government (roughly a year later) and multiple Communist uprisings and riots throughout the region. So, yes, the fault with the Second World War lies squarely on the Allied powers for declaring WAR on Germany, as well as, for refusing upwards of forty peace accords from Hitler -- who, by the way, had an extreme admiration for the British people, culture, and civilization -- to the British and the French! Likewise, where was the declaration of war against Russia for THEIR invasion of Poland?

The fault for the Second World War does not lie with the allies. They were not the ones annexing land left and right, issuing ultimatums if they did not get their way. They were also not the ones slaughtering the civilians of other nations and their own, which I'm sure you'd like to forget. The Allies made ample concessions to the Germans to try to avoid war, which is, again, the point of the Munich Pact.

Hitler was primarily concerned with forming an anti-Comiturn pact that was aimed towards the containment and destruction of the Judeo-Communist uprisings throughout Europe as well as the Judeo-Communist control of the Christian kingdom of Russia and the Christian lands throughout Eastern Europe. Now, before you interject another idiotic comment into this thread, I'll point out some further details for you:

He was primarily concerned with killing those he viewed as inferior. He never wanted 'peace', despite any of your claims. Peace would imply he wasn't setting up hundreds of death camps. And, guess what? Even if the Allies did start the entire war, which they did not, they would be justified in doing so simply for the existence of those death camps.
Judeo-Communist

Oh, wait. Discussing this with you is pointless when you're literally spitting Stormfront propaganda with the term 'Judeo-Communist'. Whelp. Pound sand, jackass, your hero is dead and the rest of your movement deserves the same.

For any curious why I lobbed that accusation (and it is accurate) go ahead and read up:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Bolshevism

Neos and White Nationalists are snakes.
09/08/2015 05:23 PMPosted by Serath
The source is in the campaign itself if you play through. I believe Varimathras makes mention of it.

I've played the Campaign. It's not mentioned at all.
I play a blood elf every now and again. But they don't belong in the Horde.

Come home O:)

also I just realized this thread devolved into an argument about WWII which is, lol.
Hey, that's some nice slaughtering of history, painting the Allies as the problem. The Munich Agreement occurred because they didn't want to fight, but later said that Poland would be a red line. Annnnd Germany invades Poland. Mm. All Britain, France, and Russia's fault though, right?

Read, "Hitler, Churchill, and the Unnecessary War," before running your mouth. The British regarded Germany's claim to Danzig to be the most just (in fact, the city overwhelmingly voted for annexation back into the Reich on multiple occasions). Regardless, Hitler -- who was on excellent terms with the Polish PM before his death (Pilsudski) -- offered generous terms to the Poles in exchange for their cessation of claims towards Danzig (a German city), as well as, a cessation of hostilities towards the German minority within Poland, and a rail/road link to Prussia, e.g. recognition of the Polish state and its borders, a military alliance against the Soviet Union, economic and military aid to the nation-state, and the construction of a Polish harbor opposite Danzig. Now, obviously, if your head wasn't stuck so far up your posterior, you would know about these historical facts. No, it was the British and French war hawks -- led by Churchill and the banking cabals -- that pushed Britain into declaring Danzig off-limits. Furthermore, Hitler's invasion into Bohemia (historical German lands to begin with) didn't occur until after the collapse of the Czech government (roughly a year later) and multiple Communist uprisings and riots throughout the region. So, yes, the fault with the Second World War lies squarely on the Allied powers for declaring WAR on Germany, as well as, for refusing upwards of forty peace accords from Hitler -- who, by the way, had an extreme admiration for the British people, culture, and civilization -- to the British and the French! Likewise, where was the declaration of war against Russia for THEIR invasion of Poland?

No, my obtuse friend, you have no grasp of history, nor do you have any right to interject your baseless arguments into the subject at hand. Hitler was primarily concerned with forming an anti-Comiturn pact that was aimed towards the containment and destruction of the Judeo-Communist uprisings throughout Europe as well as the Judeo-Communist control of the Christian kingdom of Russia and the Christian lands throughout Eastern Europe. Now, before you interject another idiotic comment into this thread, I'll point out some further details for you:

a) Read Churchill's, "Zionism versus Communism: A Struggle for the Heart of World Jewry."
b) Recognize that Winston Churchill was the primary instigator of the First and Second World Wars (a strong Germany was an economic and military threat to the British Empire)
c) Read about the "Haavarra Agreement" that set forth the Jewish settlement of Palestine at the behest of the German government and the Zionist movement.
d) Read, "Hitler's Secret Library," that goes into detail about Hitler's personal philosophy and outlook on life as well as his love for knowledge.
e) Read about the rise of Communism throughout Europe and the Jewish role in the movement, e.g. Leon Trotsky, Lenin, Joe Slovo (ANC -- South Africa), Jacob Schiff, Beria, Bela Kun, the central leaders of every Communist movement, Jewish financiers, the Holodomor, and the Jewish role in the murder of the Tsar and his family.
f) Read about the Jewish role in his military and government via German mischlings.(such as Erhard Milch).
g) Read about the spread of Communism around the globe and the "individuals" that were responsible.
i) In short, just read! There are plenty of books about this subject that are available at your local library for free.

P.S. Austria voted for a return to the Reich, Bohemia voted for a return to the Reich, and in the war against Poland, the German denizens voted for a return to the Reich, and these actions were merely reclamation efforts against the injustices -- including the mass starvation of millions of Germans -- that were imposed after the First World War (which, by the way, the Germans didn't lose). Furthermore, Hitler offered to withdraw from every territory outside of the reclaimed areas of Germany on MULTIPLE, and I mean MULTIPLE, occasions. No, my obtuse friend, you're the only one that's slaughtering history by your useless parroting and regurgitating of incorrect facts that you, most likely, learned at your local, indoctrination center, i.e. a government school.

Remember how I said i like debate and didn't want you to ignore me and was happy you weren't? Please ignore me. I have studied World War Two since second grade (when I found one of fathers old books). Please ignore me, and I shall you.

In all your arguments you put forth straw men, fallacies, and half truths. And after reading that... I don't think I really want to be debating like this. It's not a debate, it's a mockery.
09/08/2015 06:16 PMPosted by Virtues
I play a blood elf every now and again. But they don't belong in the Horde.

Come home O:)

also I just realized this thread devolved into an argument about WWII which is, lol.

High Elves are srs bsns
09/08/2015 06:18 PMPosted by Keyalios
In all your arguments you put forth straw men, fallacies, and half truths. And after reading that... I don't think I really want to be debating like this. It's not a debate, it's a mockery.

That's the name of the game for the Neos and the Supremacists. They tell, at the very best, half truths and more often than not outright lies. They're snakes. Debating isn't how you handle snakes.
09/08/2015 06:30 PMPosted by Sanyaza
09/08/2015 06:18 PMPosted by Keyalios

That's the name of the game for the Neos and the Supremacists. They tell, at the very best, half truths and more often than not outright lies. They're snakes. Debating isn't how you handle snakes.

No it is not... Honestly it was fun up til now even if I disagreed with him but... The looniness has been revealed and I don't want to touch it.

As to snakes... I'm from Texas. Down here we shoot them, or if we are in a residential area we call someone to kill em. Obviously I do not advocate killing a human- merely the idiotic ideas that spew from the idiots mouth so others aren't led astray.

Read Sever Plocker's "Stalin's Jews" on YNET. The operative word of the article is 'messianic'. This is more than just politics.
09/06/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Airc
Yup, they're about the same as Jews and Muslims. After all, they're both humans.

why down vote this, i almost cried

upvote
09/08/2015 06:36 PMPosted by Keyalios
As to snakes... I'm from Texas. Down here we shoot them, or if we are in a residential area we call someone to kill em. Obviously I do not advocate killing a human- merely the idiotic ideas that spew from the idiots mouth so others aren't led astray.

Shooting works. I typically don't advocate killing people either, but hey, if they strike first and attempt this race war crap.. Well, it's not going to weigh heavily on anyone's conscious when a few snakes lose their heads.
09/08/2015 06:39 PMPosted by Sanyaza
09/08/2015 06:36 PMPosted by Keyalios

Shooting works. I typically don't advocate killing people either, but hey, if they strike first and attempt this race war crap.. Well, it's not going to weigh heavily on anyone's conscious when a few snakes lose their heads.

Meh if someone attacks me physically I will defend myself. My secondary goal is to not stoop to their level however... Which means I cant advocate direct attacks (though verbal are fine). Honestly rehabilitation is best IMO because plenty of smart people can be into this !@#$. And I really don't care about the profanity filter right now, just depresses me to see these people practically everywhere. Few yes, but a few everywhere.

Also: I'm guessing this gets locked soon. Godwin's law plus prow NSDAP generally isn't looked upon favorably.
Now, obviously, if your head wasn't stuck so far up your posterior, you would know about these historical facts.

You really need to get over this body parts in posterior stuff man.
I'm wondering how this thread devolved into a WW2 discussion.