Why is Blizzard no longer fixing obvious bugs

General Discussion
Have you not noticed the spelling of Garnison on the horde map? We don't even get garrison spelt correctly
:(
09/16/2015 04:11 AMPosted by Lauryel
Ive been noticing more and more quest stopping bugs in older content lately.

I did loremaster not too long ago and all the old quests went fine, as long as I took into account damage scaling for a few. Quests typically don't deteriorate over time.
09/16/2015 05:05 AMPosted by Faultypally
Have you not noticed the spelling of Garnison on the horde map? We don't even get garrison spelt correctly
:(

Yes!

In some spots around Draenor you will find things listed as wingdings and also there is a quest in talador near the spiders..your after "Venon" ...supposed to be Venom
09/15/2015 07:54 PMPosted by Bnkrgrl
You noticed this too i see, they are not paying attention to fine detail anymore, and this is what put them miles ahead of most other mmo's imo.

This isn't how software development works; its hardly a perfect science.

Its not always possible to get all of the bugs fixed in a product, especially one with as many lines of code as world of warcraft.

However, what you didn't notice is that the bugs you encountered were hardly game breaking. That's because the bugs that caused significant issues were addressed.
They have yet to fix the bug where if you change specs or talents before joining a BG it sometimes will make the talent choices unusable or will think you're still the previous spec without giving you the abilities that come with it. This bug has been around the entire expansion and is definitely "mechanically breaking" as it makes you useless.
09/15/2015 07:54 PMPosted by Bnkrgrl
You noticed this too i see, they are not paying attention to fine detail anymore, and this is what put them miles ahead of most other mmo's imo.

The game was so much more buggy Vanilla-Wrath.. I'm not saying the game was worse but it was definitely a LOT more buggy. Wall jumping broke tons of parts of the game.
09/16/2015 05:10 AMPosted by Tariandis
09/16/2015 04:11 AMPosted by Lauryel
Ive been noticing more and more quest stopping bugs in older content lately.

I did loremaster not too long ago and all the old quests went fine, as long as I took into account damage scaling for a few. Quests typically don't deteriorate over time.
Liar. I happen to know of AT LEAST one quest that is broken because of the stat squish and you can literally stand around, do nothing an auto compete it. FAR from working as intended
Hmm... OP makes a good point. Content has slowed down, and bug fixes are nearly non-existent anymore. Diablo has much the same problems, save for server issues to compound the always online limitations.

I'm not here to demonize Blizzard for being lazy. I'm here to ask, if they're not working on WoW or Diablo, what in the heck ARE they doing that's soaking up so much of their time? Legacy of the Void?
09/15/2015 07:49 PMPosted by Nalliah
Will it cost us a raid tier for them to fix them? (Oh wait, we already did lose a raid tier this expansion, didn't we?)
Losing a raid tier would imply they had a fourth raid after HFC that you were already taking part in.

Not getting something is not the same as losing something.

Much like businesses projecting 10m in profits, claiming they lost a million dollars because they only made 9m in profits. That's not a million dollars lost, that's a million dollars not earned. Two vastly different things.
09/16/2015 07:21 AMPosted by Hasslehoofe
Diablo has much the same problems
I still rubber band.

Still.

Even after it had been "fixed" in every patch prior to the expansion came out, I still had rubber banding issues.

I think 2.3 actually made it significantly worse. :|
Pretty sure the Spirit Lodge's constructs have been broken in a different way every patch this expansion, among a ton of text errors.
I guess fixing bugs is just not in the budget anymore.
"There's never enough time to do it right; but, there's always enough time to do it over." Unless you're Blizzard Entertainment, then you just don't even consider doing it over. :-)
They said somewhere they have 400,000 bugs to fix, and each time they fix one, 2-3 new ones may come up. It's understandable.
reported every day for months and the broken GY in ashran? well I stopped going there a few months ago to check if it was fixed but I really doubt it is.
I'm bringing back the dead because because it never really died.

This is still a huge issue, I could go on and list all the minor bugs I encounter in any given 24 hour period of /played but it would seem like overkill on a point most dedicated or even semi-dedicated players are already aware of.

What no one has said so far though, more of an idea really: hire more people to fix the minor bugs. Hire temps now and then if you have to that just fix minor bugs all day every so often until the vast majority of current bugs are solved. They will pile up again over time, so make it a routine thing. Every 6, 12, or 18 months seems fair depending on efficiency of cost.

It's just one idea but it's a free one. I know how frugal companies can be these days on anything that would be considered a minor effect on overall profit. I'm sure it's a difficult choice budgeting how much profit goes straight to the top of the food chain so to speak. Maybe a diplomacy would help distribute the burden of the choice.

~