Trial of the Crusader

General Discussion
Yay, ToGC was awesome back in the day. only ever pugged in wrath, and when someone wanted some deeps for that, i always put my hand up, so much fun!
Toc was horrific, my guild would wipe endlessly on the trash. Never again. But I did enjoy the quality and uniqueness of the encounter rooms in TOC.
Lack of variety and feeling of progression, though I do appreciate the idea of trying out the concept of an arena raid.
09/16/2015 10:34 AMPosted by Bluetiger
Pro tip

Drugs are bad.
Am I the only one here who's a little unnerved, at how Tirion has us kill a bunch of Argent soldiers and faction champions, just to "prove ourselves worthy" of taking on the Lich King? Seems a little counter-productive, doesn't it?
"Tirion Fordring's Unnecessary Arena of Death".
09/16/2015 10:34 AMPosted by Bluetiger
You have 10 seconds to prove this wasn't the BEST raid ever made. Pro tip you can't.

Karazhan. Ulduar. Throne of Thunder.

Done!

Pro tip:
You lose.
09/16/2015 10:41 AMPosted by Nemestrïnus
09/16/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Liamaru
Karazhan exists
you misspelled ulduar

Every time I went in there, that big fat thing grabbed me and put me in that horrid lava pot. I will never be the same. I have PTSD.
09/16/2015 03:54 PMPosted by Airc
"Tirion Fordring's Unnecessary Arena of Death".

But without it we would never have gotten:

YOU FACE JARAXXUS! YOU FACE JARAXXUS! EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!
Temple of ahn qiraj is the best raid. so freaky and awesome
09/16/2015 03:29 PMPosted by Cassima
Am I the only one here who's a little unnerved, at how Tirion has us kill a bunch of Argent soldiers and faction champions, just to "prove ourselves worthy" of taking on the Lich King? Seems a little counter-productive, doesn't it?

This is the guy who was exiled for seemingly killing an executioner to save Eitrigg. Seems like individual lives aren't worth more than his greater sense of justice.

Idk, the guy plays by his own rules.

But... the viewpoint sort of makes sense, I guess. They knew large armies weren't the way to fight the Lich King - they learned that at the Wrathgate. So I guess it doesn't matter how many champions die if they're not the very best..?

In any case, I don't enjoy killing those soldiers, either. I'm not sure why they don't get a chance to submit like Eadric, etc.
I liked it, it felt like a raidwide ring of blood. Loved those quests shame they didn't give an awesome weapon this pack.
09/16/2015 03:29 PMPosted by Cassima

Not only that, but he must have known there was a very real possibility of us failing and getting horribly killed for no good reason. Despite all of our accomplishments, if we're not the "strongest" we apparently don't deserve to live. Not cool dude!
Because Blizz already made Ulduar a patch earlier.
Subjective opinion does not equal objective fact.

There I proved it.

Nice knowing you.
ToC was fun in that it was humorous to watch baddies wipe on faction champs.
I loved TOC and BWD for the sheer lack of trash, I really hate mindlessly clearing trash.
09/16/2015 07:06 PMPosted by Michiro
ToC was fun in that it was humorous to watch baddies wipe on faction champs.

A lot of people who didn't PVP found that fight hard, I used to switch my fury warrior over to tank for it just to CC stuff.
09/16/2015 07:11 PMPosted by Hiramabiff
A lot of people who didn't PVP found that fight hard, I used to switch my fury warrior over to tank for it just to CC stuff.

I didn't PVP much and knew where my interrupt key was. Also common sense, hey I can use x ability to put y out of commission for 20 seconds, sounds like a plan to lessen their damage and healing!

But I guess reading is too hard for most people, the shortbus is clearly too tall.
It made me miss trash mobs.