How long do you think Blizzard has?

General Discussion
09/21/2015 03:38 AMPosted by Poisonz
09/21/2015 03:27 AMPosted by Precure
How much longer do you think a lot of people are willing to put up with, or you personally are willing to put up with, until Legion is released?

legion is my and some of my friends last bite of the pie if it doesn't deliver.

Go. Really. Just leave. If Blizzard is doing something wrong and Wow is suffering for it then it is very likely it is due to stockholm syndrome sufferers like you perpetuating it.
09/21/2015 04:26 AMPosted by Enkki
Blizzard Entertainment has quite a bit more to go yet. WoW, on the other hand, will only survive as long as the customer feels s/he is getting a fair return for the amount paid. There are many, like me, who will not stick around if the next xpac is of the same (or lesser) quality than the current xpac.

You have spent most of the year doing nothing but whine about how terrible the game is. Ever think to consider your continued financial support is contributing to that? And no... I don't believe for a second people like you will ever leave. Most of the flybabies that were #nofly=nobuy for Wod are now lvl 100 and spamming #nofly=nobuy for Legion now as well and your mindless rants have been significantly less thoughtful than that if that is even possible.
Legion will come out next Spring, probably a few weeks before or after the movie release.
09/21/2015 05:31 AMPosted by Elae

lol you're optimistic. The expansions last raid tier, over by Christmas?

I kinda hope they do, but that's probably just wishful thinking. I've already given up on the game until next expansion, and I think a lot of others have, too.

You and the crowd of other forum malcontents and haters will be right there on release day whining and moaning about how terrible the game is and how greedy and evil Blizzard is. I have seen you whiners do this time and again and again and again and again. Maybe it is time for all of you to put your money where your mouth is and actually leave and stay gone. And yes I am fully aware how 5 million left Wod. 100 million have quit this game in the past 11 years. Maybe instead of trying to be a pseudointellectual waxing philsophicaly on why Wow has x amount of subs now compared to y amount of subs 3 years ago you people could actually address the reason why so many people have quit Wow in droves even during its "golden age". That right there would be actual constructive useful discussion that could be used to move the mmo genre forward rather than continue the usual circle jerk hate.
How much longer do you think a lot of people are willing to put up with, or you personally are willing to put up with, until Legion is released?
I am already struggling to find things I want to do this patch. I am sure I will unsub long before Legion comes out.
I just hope that after this wait between WoD and Legion, that they stop with the 1 year expac idea, and develop their expacs throughout their lifetimes again. If Legion is as good as we all hope it can be, t hen we won't want it to be over with quickly, anyway. Especially with all the good story and content possibilities.

edit: On Topic, I estimate summer of next year, or roundabouts to be a comfortable-ish release date window, but Its still best that they give stuff proper development time. If that wasn't a factor, I think t hings could be signifigantly uglier then they are now, by this time next year if nothing has happened yet.

Maybe they could start the big launch event in the summer?
09/21/2015 06:01 AMPosted by Tovi
28 days 6 hours 42 minutes 12 seconds.

This might mean something if your promises to quit actually resulted in you quitting. So no, you aren't being clever but reinforcing the notion that so called "trolls" claim to be true: the fact that you whiners never ever actually leave no matter what.

09/21/2015 06:05 AMPosted by Nolderen
With the crapy tech teams they got and the constant tech isues wod has had id say not long.

And yet here you are paying to whine about them. The greatest power of a consumer? To NOT buy.

09/21/2015 06:06 AMPosted by Valynx
After the rushed hack job that was WoD, I don't give a damn how long it takes - they need to get Legion done right, not fast.

Getting 7.0 months earlier will not be worth another entire expansion like WoD.

The issue with Wod was design philosophy. Rushing would mean not completing content but Wod launced complete. Lacking in actual end game content but still complete but this is again design philosophy and not a matter of cutting x to do y. Rushing was never the problem. This kind of idiotic posting is actually taking Blizzard off the hook for dropping the ball. Good job fanboy.

09/21/2015 06:25 AMPosted by Nolderen
For a company as big as blizzard to not have a way to directly call them evewn reach a human is telling.

For issues billing can actually address the call back time is usually under 10 minutes. Blizzard has never offered phone support for anything other than billing. Need account recovery? Open a ticket. Need tech support? Open a ticket. In fact the reason why Blizzard removed a number for BILLING support is because people were calling BILLING over issues that were not BILLING and resulted in people with actual issues in BILLING to not get help in a timely matter which is in fact the very definition of bad customer service.

In essence? GTFO. No company needs customers like you.

09/21/2015 06:36 AMPosted by Bobhunterco
All the other games Blizz has, have fed off WoW. They are siphoning resources and subscribers that once would have gone to WoW to their other titles. This is a business strategy that seems to be working.

Did they deliberately drive away the players who need a regular infusion of new content in order to feed their other games? That would explain their failure to support WoD.

I think they have been very foolish. They had the most loyal customers in the gaming industry. That was worth billions of dollars over the life of a popular expac.

Legion purchases will tell the story of what they've done. 10 million customers for WoD. How many for Legion? I think the time until the next expac is almost irrelevant. Those who have already left may or may not buy Legion and the timing wont matter.

Timing matters only to whether they will hold current subscribers. The hundreds of millions in revenue they've lost in WoW due to subsciber losses will never be made back. That is a business truism. Their punishment has been severe whether they realize it or not.

The longer they wait the more drops in subscriber numbers they will experience. Yet if they rush the new expac they could actually turn WoW into just another MMO fighting equals in the market instead of the industry lion.

Whoever decided to not support WoD on the Blizzard management team has made the biggest mistake in Blizzard's long and successful history.

Diablo and Starcraft not to mention other games predating those by a full decade are all about Wow? Are you a moron? Let's get something straight right here and right now: Wow started with Warcraft. Yes amazing as it may be to some of you idiots but there were Warcraft games before Wow.

09/21/2015 07:12 AMPosted by Andraystia
They name blizzard will continue to print money regardless of what they put out. I've pretty much given up on their future games personally.

This might have more power if you weren't paying for the ability to say so . And again yeah yeah yeah I know 5 million blah blah. Unfortunately none of those 5 million have been any of the brain dead idiots constantly whining about how they are paying for a product they don't like yet don't ever seem to have the balls or intellect to hit that cancel button.

09/21/2015 11:09 PMPosted by Precure
09/21/2015 07:47 AMPosted by Perigort

So in other words, you want an unfinished buggy product with them feeling they should cut some corners just to please you?

I didn't state my opinion, I asked a question for people to answer in this thread on their personal opinion.

Something you tools need to learn to understand is when you open up a line of discussion people who disagree with you are going to comment. Don't like it? Too god damn bad.

09/21/2015 11:59 PMPosted by Aitru
09/21/2015 04:25 AMPosted by Domino
"How long do you think WoW has?"

Their other titles are successful. Blizzard will be fine.

Umm not really Diablo 3 doesn't have nearly the players it did when it released it all went downhill after the deletion of the AH and making trade no longer a thing and don't get my started with HOTS. but Hearthstone is very fun.

D3's profits depend on box sales. Box sales are doing just fine thank you very much. Honestly none of you haters are taken seriously here because you are literally paying for a product you do nothing but whine and moan about. Don't like it? LEAVE. This community can only get better if you whiners actually stop spamming the ever living hell out of the forums the developers actually try to keep up with.

09/22/2015 12:07 AMPosted by Verdre
Considering Blizzards track record, I'm sadly predicting a March - May launch. Yes, that means we'll be looking at Three Expansion in a row with no new content for a year.

However, it seems like that has become their thing these days. Once the final raid drops, the expansion becomes what you would call a lame duck.

They have no more interest in Warlords and will only put out bug fixes or the like until they're ready for the pre-launch event.

Are you seriously complaining about 6.2 only lasting 9 months?

GTFO

No seriously.

GTFO.

As far as "losing interest in Wod", no. Just no. It isn't a matter of losing interest but that they did what they wanted in Wod and are moving on to a new expansion. At some point they have to move forward or we would never get any expansions and we would still be stuck in Dire Maul in vanilla wow.

09/22/2015 12:23 AMPosted by Beowoof
Legion will come out next Spring, probably a few weeks before or after the movie release.

The movie has nothing to do with Legion. Or Wod. Or much of anything prior to the lore Wow started with. Those of you spamming this idiocy realize this right? Do you even know the time period involved in the movie?
09/22/2015 12:11 AMPosted by Zanzul

And do you think if they wait a really long time again, like they've done in the past, people would still be willing to buy Legion anyway and play it?

GTFO

Really just go. If this is how you view a company you are paying money to then you are an idiot. Wod could have been better yes but I got what I put into it. Even if Legion is nothing but a demon hunter and a raid I would be fine paying for that. Guess what? What you think and what you want has very little to do with how others spend their money. Amazing right? Don't like how they do business? Stop freaking giving them money. It's just that god damn simple.

I didn't state how I view Blizzard, I asked how other people felt. Exactly where in my post does it say my opinion?

I kinda hope they do, but that's probably just wishful thinking. I've already given up on the game until next expansion, and I think a lot of others have, too.

You and the crowd of other forum malcontents and haters will be right there on release day whining and moaning about how terrible the game is and how greedy and evil Blizzard is. I have seen you whiners do this time and again and again and again and again. Maybe it is time for all of you to put your money where your mouth is and actually leave and stay gone. And yes I am fully aware how 5 million left Wod. 100 million have quit this game in the past 11 years. Maybe instead of trying to be a pseudointellectual waxing philsophicaly on why Wow has x amount of subs now compared to y amount of subs 3 years ago you people could actually address the reason why so many people have quit Wow in droves even during its "golden age". That right there would be actual constructive useful discussion that could be used to move the mmo genre forward rather than continue the usual circle jerk hate.

I didn't say any of the things you claim I said. All I said was that I hope they release the expansion by the end of the year, but I accept that most likely won't happen and is just wishful thinking.

I have no idea how you got any of that out of what I posted. You are making a lot of assumptions and judgments over 2 sentences.
Something you tools need to learn to understand is when you open up a line of discussion people who disagree with you are going to comment. Don't like it? Too god damn bad.

What are you disagreeing with me about though? I didn't state my opinion for you to disagree with, I asked a question to people to view their opinions.

Your opinion is "I disagree with you asking people this question", I guess? I don't even know.
The issue with Wod was design philosophy. Rushing would mean not completing content but Wod launced complete. Lacking in actual end game content but still complete but this is again design philosophy and not a matter of cutting x to do y. Rushing was never the problem. This kind of idiotic posting is actually taking Blizzard off the hook for dropping the ball. Good job fanboy.

I see you were paying NO attention to WoD as it was being developed.

BRF was supposed to be in at launch! Bladespire and Karabor were originally supposed to be capitals! Garrisons were supposed to be variable in location! Farahlon? Farahlost. Tanaan wasn't supposed to be patch content either! Everything we have now should have been in at launch, and more!

And yes, they were explicitly cut for time. They literally came out and said "well, if we did that, it would take months and we can't take the time to do it right because REASONS." Which is BS Speak for "we want to make the Christmas Rush because we've lost all sight of how we're supposed to function". Hell, BC was delayed until after Christmas because Blizzard didn't think it was good enough. This was one of the most beloved, often times cited as the best expansion, and for some utterly bizarre today's devs. thought it would somehow be a good idea to do the exact opposite of that.

WoD is a complete and utter betrayal of WoW-- No, Blizzard's standards of releasing quality over speed. Yes, there were a plethora of terrible, horrible, unspeakable decisions that frankly should have gotten the management team culled - decisions which should have ended careers. No, you don't belong at Blizzard Entertainment after this atrocity. You don't belong in this industry.

Name another industry where you can get away with flushing over half a product's subscriber base down the toilet and still have a job. Name another company where you can get away with blatantly ignoring every numeric metric that highlights how badly you suck and face no consequences. Oh sure, WoW can survive the greatest economic depression since before WWII, but, oh, our demographics are getting older and wah wah wah BULL!@#$. I am not a defender of WoD - I want to see heads roll over this seething incarnation of failure.

Don't think for one nanosecond that my criticism of WoD's premature release is an excuse for every other terrible thing WoD did. No. This is one more terrible thing Blizzard did with WoD, and no one should want to see it happen again.
If I get tired of the current game, I will unsubscribe. When new content comes out, e.g. Legion, I will start my subscription again. It really is as simple as that. I don't even think Blizzard expects people to remain subscribed for every month and for life.
This is funny. How long will people wait?

Do they have an alternative?

Really, wait it out, find other stuff to do (I am playing alts in classes I always wanted to try), or go outside and walk around the block.

This is like people I hear saying stuff like 'If Trump gets elected I will move to Canada'. Yeah, sure you will...
4 months. Basically until right after the next report.
09/21/2015 03:37 AMPosted by Veritas
People stuck around for over a year of SoO. I imagine the diehards will tough it out no matter what the wait.

But MoP was actually fun and had staying power near the end. Can you say the same for WoD?
Hearthstone = Blizzard is going to live for a long time. HotS aint doin bad either though it will be a fad like Diablo.

As for WoW... I think there is no "timeframe" as long as there are the million or so of us who will NEVER quit Blizzard will find ways to keep Activision happy.

HOWEVER, if Blizzard wants WoW to attract new players and keep them it needs to recognize that raiding is a dying playstyle and stop catering to them. I think they forget that the NEW players don't make it to raids if you cant keep them engaged in the game before they get to that point then there is no point to making such intricate encounters.
Blow me OP?
What has happened in the past when an expansion has been announced is there has been a flood of pre-orders or a flood of release day purchases - chances are most of the subscriber base have purchased it before it goes live.

I think Legion is going to be a "New Phone" release.

The die hards will wait in line for days to buy it the second the shop opens (pre-order) or buy it the day of release.

The other 95% will wait in the wings to see what the hype is about and if it is worth it before making a decision.

I've pre-ordered the deluxe edition (either physical or digital) every expansion so far.

Based on WoD, I am hesitant. Blizzcon better deliver some solid news, otherwise im going to be the 95% of the "New Phone" crowd and wait for some reviews before making a decision.

And do you think if they wait a really long time again, like they've done in the past, people would still be willing to buy Legion anyway and play it?

As I am a capitalist, I have already gave up on blizzard, I wont even install there battle.net app. I am just awaiting the game time to expire, WoW is no longer imo the only choice for mmo's there are a good chunk of others out there which are just as good and in some fields better, in others worse but that means Blizzard has competition, and there strongest defense against that, which they had they cannibalized it in WoD and to top that off lost the faith of there players. Which was, why do I want to go play another game which is the same concept of wow. Well wow changed it's concept basically a fresh start that was not to fresh.

I am one of those that was not happy 3 months after WoD released, and just stayed around in hopes it would get better, the last time i bought game time though was right before they announced without a doubt WoD was done. At which point all faith for me was lost, and here I am now almost three months later just watching the forums. Seeing if there may be anything that pops up to change my mind. and for the past two months the answer to that has just been no.

So, short answer OP, imo they have already ran out of time for a good chunk of people. Others where never disappointed and I guess they where the targeted audience... Which is a bit sad on one hand. But. I am just happy someone likes the new WoW...
09/22/2015 12:20 AMPosted by Zanzul
09/21/2015 04:26 AMPosted by Enkki
Blizzard Entertainment has quite a bit more to go yet. WoW, on the other hand, will only survive as long as the customer feels s/he is getting a fair return for the amount paid. There are many, like me, who will not stick around if the next xpac is of the same (or lesser) quality than the current xpac.
You have spent most of the year doing nothing but whine about how terrible the game is. Ever think to consider your continued financial support is contributing to that? And no... I don't believe for a second people like you will ever leave. Most of the flybabies that were #nofly=nobuy for Wod are now lvl 100 and spamming #nofly=nobuy for Legion now as well and your mindless rants have been significantly less thoughtful than that if that is even possible.

I have spent most of the year helping the three remaining friends in the game bring up new toons and do other things that they didn't get to when pre-WoD content was current. When those three leave, I too will be gone; and all three have already told me that if Legion is a repeat of WoD quality, they're outta here. I have no reason to stay other than those three, whom I've known and associated with for 30 years, 39 years, and 50 years (respectively).

You failed to mention that I haven't bought WoD. You also failed to mention that in the past year, my "rants" haven't been so much about flight but about the QUALITY of the game. No-flight would probably have been acceptable if the game itself had any recognizable level of QUALITY in the game play. Another expansion like WoD and that will be it for me and my friends. How do I know what the quality is like if I don't have WoD? Simple -- I can read and easily comprehend the English language. Beta forums, PTR forums, Bug Report forums, and even the nugget or two found in General Discussion; the class forums, the PvP forums.