Does anyone else get scared about sub losses?

Bleeding Hollow
09/24/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Devinbrugman
you just spent 70$ on a "free" month of gametime.

My post is under the assumption you are making a new account, and is completely hypothetical, considering you have to buy the expansions.

Yes, technically you have to pay the $70 to start playing the game, but in theory if you make 50,000G a month (which is very doable) you will never have to pay a dime for a subscription.
Current leaks about the upcoming Q3 charts are listing WoW subs at 3.4 - 3.7M (yes, WoW Tokens user are accounted for).

Im just gonna leave that here.
We're still having fun idk about you guys. At this stage in the game if you are not in an active community guild then I can see why people don't enjoy it anymore.

https://twitter.com/DeaconAV

WPvP is very much still alive.
09/22/2015 08:20 AMPosted by Wispmare
I'm sitting here marvelling at the barren wasteland that is Bleeding hollow now, and I am really starting to become frightened that wow's subs are going to continue to plummet...

I'm expecting the q4 numbers to be 3-4 million and even lower next year. I just think that wod was blizzard's last chance to keep players interested in the game because of the hype around it, people won't be fooled by the hype around legion anymore

It is just BH, come to Sargeras even if it is just via a group invite and you will see plenty of people.
09/24/2015 10:23 AMPosted by Dergamus
You're technically still paying by providing a market for the tokens.

just because someone else pays for the game time doesn't mean im losing money.
Does anyone else get scared about sub losses?

Does Enron ring a bell?

Seriously, WoD has already lost six million subs, soon to be 8 million subs and before Legion it will be ten million subs.

The real question is, do you have to have any left to call it a loss? I mean I lost ten million of my ten point eight million dollars or did I go bankrupt?
thats LITERALLY the apocalypse like EVERYONE WILL DIE im not exaggerating at all IT IS THE END TIMES
Fewer subs means less casuals, I for 1 am good with that..you a pessimist, you looking at glass half empty, get rid of them, we gout a glass half full
09/30/2015 02:17 AMPosted by Syntàxx
Fewer subs means less casuals, I for 1 am good with that..you a pessimist, you looking at glass half empty, get rid of them, we gout a glass half full

But you are a casual.
09/25/2015 10:49 AMPosted by Chillybane
It is just BH, come to Sargeras

https://realmpop.com/us-sargeras.html
97.5% Alliance populated on level 100

09/25/2015 10:49 AMPosted by Chillybane
you will see plenty of people

I WONDER WHY LOL
09/22/2015 10:26 AMPosted by Conflict
8) Ben Carson
9) Hillary Clinton
10) Bernie Sanders

lol'd

Honestly, I had no idea about so much sub losses.

In MoP it was like 10m, no?
That's a staggering change in roughly 6~8 months.
A portion of the published 3-4 million might spend EACH their accumulated 1 million gold on 330 months without actually playing at all. Blizzard will count them as players for their stock holders.

Blizzard is not combining realms because 40 players actually interacting is all the game actually supports.

PVE can thrive within 40 player cells. PVP in Ashran and BGs can satisfy all PVP demand except that of large scale WPVP fans.

Tarren Mill is truly gone because it came too easy. We took huge numbers of players for granted when actually, they were a result of the novelty of such interaction and that novelty wore off when the lag fest did not. Blizzard did not expand. Blizzard cashed in.