I want to play a cat girl

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
09/27/2015 11:59 PMPosted by Larissah
You heard me. I want to play a pretty, sexy, tail-sashaying cat-chick. That other game offers me such opportunities... so why in a world of anthropomorphic cows and bears and dogs can't I be a cat girl? You know, secretly, that like half the people here would play one, right? It'd instantly be the most popular race ever.

So... yeah. Make it happen.

Cringe
09/27/2015 11:59 PMPosted by Larissah
You know, secretly, that like half the people here would play one, right? It'd instantly be the most popular race ever.

Have no desire to play a 'cat girl' race at all. Now, if we got Saberon as a playable class, I'd be all over it. Leorajh is just adorkable. :)
09/28/2015 01:39 AMPosted by Althamacnar
No. More. Disgusting. Mammals.

I agree we need reptiles!! Bring on the Saurok!! Demon hunters have nothing on the Saurok leap.
09/28/2015 12:05 AMPosted by Gabbie
It's probably Neko-Senpai
Not necessarily as "Senpai" is more an honorific used to describe someone of a senior level rank/higher up one highly respects. Though to get back on topic instead of argue semantics, some of the posters are correct when they say there are existing cat races in dfferent MMOs such as the Miq'ote in FF 14 [which I play mostly aside from hyur since the rogadin are a lil big for my taste,the lore caught my attention and it's bloody hard to see over high grass on a lalafel.]

There's the Khajit in the Elder scrolls franchise [I interchange between redguard and nord] and there's a cat ear tail option for the Elin in TERA [or a cat option if you play the popori aka the chubby animal race] The only Way I could see it possible to be any cat race in WoW is if Blizzard made the residents of Rhamkahen playable but I'm not sure that's what you're aiming for.
lol weeaboo trash
09/28/2015 12:03 AMPosted by Snowfox
I love that the internet will not agree on if that is called a "neko" or not.

Neko just means cat in japanese. Catgirls/ catboys(guys?) are, perhaps, a subspecies of Neko, but themselves are not Neko specifically. They are hybrids.

The reference to that word became proliferated in Second Life when attachment vendors (think cosmetic character enhancements) of cat items (tails/ears/paws/etc.) wanted to capture a "unisex" vibe and started calling their avatar attachment packs as "Neko" instead of the well established use of Catgirl.

What's even more funny is that, as the hybrid craze took on more species (humans with wolf/fox/etc cosmetic enhancements.), they still referred to them all, universally, as Nekos.

I love catgirls. I hate the use of the word neko to describe them. >.<
09/28/2015 03:01 PMPosted by Darkmalyce
The only Way I could see it possible to be any cat race in WoW is if Blizzard made the residents of Rhamkahen playable but I'm not sure that's what you're aiming for.

Blizzard already stated 4 legged races would be difficult to gear as you'd have to make totally new gear pieces just for them alone.

Also, Saberon is a two legged cat person.
09/28/2015 03:19 PMPosted by Tindomerel
Blizzard already stated 4 legged races would be difficult to gear as you'd have to make totally new gear pieces just for them alone.

Also, Saberon is a two legged cat person.
Nearly forgot about the saberon! Though yeah kinda why I was trying to convey that a Ramkhahen race would highly be unlikely.
09/28/2015 12:02 AMPosted by Claimhsolais
You and your Khajiit dreams should go... Elsweyr.

09/28/2015 12:08 AMPosted by Argrin
I don't think female Saberon would be very sexy or sassy

Which is why they should've done it. Hulking, savage female sabertooth tiger people would've been an awesome subversion of the typical cat girl.
No, no, no. I can't stand "cat" races. Leave that crap for anime games.
09/28/2015 03:14 PMPosted by Bajamutt
Neko just means cat in japanese. Catgirls/ catboys(guys?) are, perhaps, a subspecies of Neko, but themselves are not Neko specifically. They are hybrids.

The reference to that word became proliferated in Second Life when attachment vendors (think cosmetic character enhancements) of cat items (tails/ears/paws/etc.) wanted to capture a "unisex" vibe and started calling their avatar attachment packs as "Neko" instead of the well established use of Catgirl.

What's even more funny is that, as the hybrid craze took on more species (humans with wolf/fox/etc cosmetic enhancements.), they still referred to them all, universally, as Nekos.

So basically, like the adjective "furry", the Japanese word for "cat" got robbed of its original meaning to some internet stupidity.

For me, if it acts like a human and talks like a human, but it doesn't look human, then it's anthro. This ranges from talking animals to orcs to some idiot dressing up with cat ears and a tail and trying to act like a cat. There is none of this BS of neko/furry/anthro/were/feral levels of crap...
09/28/2015 12:14 AMPosted by Snowfox
09/28/2015 12:11 AMPosted by Manlybeastin
https://www.reddit.com/r/tsunderesharks you should try this subreddit out

I avoid sharks because of their privileged position in the food chain.

Any species that exalts violence like sharks do should be shunned.

Especially if they insist on supporting their oppressive teethocracy.

'ey mon, when you got teeth like dese, ain' nobody gonna tell you no nothin'.
09/28/2015 04:13 PMPosted by Althamacnar
09/28/2015 03:14 PMPosted by Bajamutt

So basically, like the adjective "furry", the Japanese word for "cat" got robbed of its original meaning to some internet stupidity.

For me, if it acts like a human and talks like a human, but it doesn't look human, then it's anthro. This ranges from talking animals to orcs to some idiot dressing up with cat ears and a tail and trying to act like a cat. There is none of this BS of neko/furry/anthro/were/feral levels of crap...

Well, there is the term "nekomimi" which translate to "cat ear"; that's the closest thing to an official term for describing the anime girls with cat ears. I guess the mimi part got dropped off at some point.
EQ 1 and 2 have cat girls. Better games than FF and WS.
09/28/2015 04:23 PMPosted by Kiorra
Well, there is the term "nekomimi" which translate to "cat ear"; that's the closest thing to an official term for describing the anime girls with cat ears. I guess the mimi part got dropped off at some point.

Probably a result of how most people in the west, especially the US, want to type/say as little as possible. "Neko" was a reasonable means to end the word and thus it stuck.

It's also like how if your name is 5 letters or shorter, you'll be much more successful than people with longer names... Which sucks because my name is 6 letters long and it's incredibly dated and retarded sounding (as in, one of those crappy Celtic names kind of dated and retarded).
Well, claws of shivrallah should have a female catform for female druids.

It just makes more sense.

How cute would you want to make them though? Probably not very.
Long gone are the days where blizzard put anything sexy into their games.
09/28/2015 12:10 AMPosted by Gïmp
09/28/2015 12:08 AMPosted by Argrin
I don't think female Saberon would be very sexy or sassy

I assume we've seen female Saberon. Saberon probably don't have gender distinction.

I never really understood why Worgens, Panderens, Taurens, heck even the Forsaken have human breasts, maybe you can get away with the Worgens because of their human curse, and perhaps the Forsaken depending on where they are in their state of decay, but just doesn't make sense, sure make them feminine as possible, but they don't have to actually look more like human females.

Animals don't have human breasts, so just always seem a tad weird, like they must have it for some odd reason, rather then looking more animistic, you would never able to tell Saberon are females or many of the other races out there. Maybe if there was a short introduction on why this was the case, then I would go with it. Hell Owlkins and Druid forms don't have obvious genders.

That being said, want to be a cat? Go reroll a female Druid, probably the closest one will get to it.
FF is that way ---->