Anyone know any good mmorpgs out there?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
09/24/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Slaanessh
IMO, don't try to go to another MMORPG if you're leaving WoW.

Try a different genre altogether.
Guildwars 2 went free to play and Wildstar will be free to play on the 29th (you can raid, only has 3 bgs).
09/24/2015 06:00 PMPosted by Pollydin
09/24/2015 05:32 PMPosted by Bucksquick
ffs why the dislikes?
It might have a little to do with them having read your thread that got deleted where you stated categorically that it was your "last" post (before posting several more times there before starting this new thread).

I'm guessing that some may be doubting your sincerity a little.

This. :p

Leaving the game because you got busted for being a racist is kinda sad. I hope you realize that some of those other MMO's out there are even more quick to bust you for being a jerk to others.
Good luck finding something else that will hold your interest for long....I think the only game that has a chance for me is Fallout 4 which isn't out yet. Everything else out there is meh in my opinion.
probly from people who hoped you actually kept your word from your earlyer post

we thought there was one less bigot to worry about in the community
09/24/2015 05:23 PMPosted by Shadowordfun
FFXIV is awesome, especially with Heavensward being released recently.

I think FFXIV feels sterile and dull. You get bored with the stale scenery and clunky engine pretty quickly.
09/24/2015 05:24 PMPosted by Eldevane
SWTOR has 12x XP for subscribers until like october 19th I think? It's literally story mode, up to level 55 I think it is you can level just via your class missions. Kinda neat. I actually really like swtor, but then I love Star Wars and I love the old republic era lore.

A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger! - Darth Baras
Elder Scrolls Online is very good and FF14 is very good. I sub to them both along with WoW and share my play time amongst them equally.
Someone else posted this a few weeks ago, but I will repost it here;

Don't mind me. I'm just over here playing Final Fantasy XIV. You know, with their three new dungeons every three months (and even when a new expansion is imminent! No content droughts), entirely new classes in patches (Ninja), patched marriage system, housing, guild housing, monster hunting, Primals, treasure hunting, gold saucer, Triple Triad Card game, entirely separate raids for LFR and Normal Raiding (with different storylines and locations), hundreds and hundreds of new storyline quests, side quests with great story, implementation of "hard" content/dungeons whereby they change the entire layout of old dungeons with new mobs and new bosses as opposed just number tweaks. Having more potential dungeons to do at max level than WoW has period with their duty finder and subsequent rewards. Amazing people who always say hello in dungeons and treat people decently, and don't go "LOL" when the come into a PuG that's having trouble, because their leetsauce mythic raiders (WoW can have this as well, if they rewarded good behavior with new systems such as FFXIV's commendation system and the game information everyone someone (without naming them) is new. This sets expectations that they may new help). Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. (x99).
Other MMOs are either inferior wow clones like ffxiv, completely awful garbage like gw2, or flops like swtor, eco and war.

Basically, as dumbed down as wow is its still better than all other MMOs.

People just want an Eq3 and swg2. Apparently this is impossible.
09/24/2015 05:46 PMPosted by Gillrien
09/24/2015 05:24 PMPosted by Eldevane
SWTOR has 12x XP for subscribers until like october 19th I think? It's literally story mode, up to level 55 I think it is you can level just via your class missions. Kinda neat. I actually really like swtor, but then I love Star Wars and I love the old republic era lore.

Honestly if the 12x was permanent I'd probably sub there, the story modes were fantastic in my opinion.

Just.. the rest of the game is pretty tedious. Especially since EA nerfed xp for everyone else.

Goooooddddd I wish it was permanent for subscribers. I'm frapsing a bounty hunter playthrough and between exiting out of cutscenes and trying choices, and filming story fights and such, it's taking way longer than I thought it would. I thought I'd have blown through several class stories by the end of it and boy was I wrong lol.

I think the main planetary story arcs are also worth a play through, but the side quests feel very out of character if you aren't playing chaotic stupid or lawful stupid characters (i.e. pure dark or pure light side because shut up).

09/24/2015 06:26 PMPosted by Kelisaria
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger! - Darth Baras

I love Baras. I think I'm the only one who actually likes him. One of my favorite lines comes from the bounty hunter on Alderaan, the noble you're working for is getting blackmailed by another noble.

"Hunter, kill this extortionist and I'll give you double what I just paid you!"
"They're your credits." *casually shoots said extortionist.*

09/24/2015 06:38 PMPosted by Gutb
Other MMOs are either inferior wow clones like ffxiv, completely awful garbage like gw2, or flops like swtor, eco and war.

Basically, as dumbed down as wow is its still better than all other MMOs.

People just want an Eq3 and swg2. Apparently this is impossible.

Or, and bear with me on this one because I know it sounds crazy just hear me out, maybe people have different tastes and actually like these other games. Crazy, I know, but I mean I think I might be on to something here.
Some upcoming MMOs for you...

Black Desert
BLESS Online
Camelot Unchained
Entropy
EverQuest Next
Gloria Victis
The Repopulation
Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
Skyforge
Star Citizen
Tom Clancy’s The Division
Triad Wars
Trove
Wander
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
World of Warships

To name a few...
09/24/2015 06:01 PMPosted by Kamarae
If you really want to try new MMO's, FFXIV and SWTOR are probably the most popular. Ive always been fond of Rift, even if the optimization isnt the greatest. I also hear good things about Skyforge, but I havent touched it.

I found FFIV to play too slow just combat wise, plus having no experience with the franchise I find a lot of the nuances confusing. It has some interesting systems like the crafting and little hunting quests, and is beautiful for sure. It works for some just didn't hook me.

SWTOR has its high and low points. Ultimately it was too simple for me to stick with. Its stories were amazing. It has decent raids and dungeons.Not worth playing the free version though, too gimped.

Rift is fun and also has its high points. Haven't played since its first expansion and since it went F2P, but it hasn't visually aged well sadly. It has some unique concepts people still have yet to copy well.

Skyforge I've played a fair bit of, it's a cross between Tera and Guild Wars 2 sort of. It's really interesting at first, but becomes quite the grind, a lot of repetition not only in content but in rotations. It's restricted in playstyle (only so many abilities to choose from) while being very open (same character can be any class). Unlocking everything means a long time commitment though, but it's free version is decent just...slower.
Ragnarok Online 2 is actually a real thing now. It only took like 10 years and several rebuilds. It's ok brought back some old RO memories.
If that 12x xp for subscribers thing in Swtor is legit, I'd say play that for a bit.

The class stories were a lot of fun and the combat is extremely similar to WoW so it isn't bad.

I found swtor's story and combat to be much more interesting than FF14, but I also like sci fi.
09/24/2015 05:37 PMPosted by Hackur
09/24/2015 05:32 PMPosted by Bucksquick
ffs why the dislikes?

cos your proving to the others that defend Blizzard for everything WoW is becoming less fun by leaving it which is undeniable proof

A person of questionable honesty who claims to be quitting is undeniable proof?
Anyone who tells you WoW has no competition hasn't played any alternatives in the past half-decade.

FFXIV is the best if you want basic mmo game play in a much better package. High level combat is significantly more complex and fast paced than WoW.

GW2 and Wildstar are the best options if you want to try out MMOs with action-based combat. Also, Wildstar housing will pretty much murder your sides with laughter when you compare it against the garrison system. Tera is interesting too, but imo the setting is a bit bland and the aesthetic is kinda niche.

EVE is the hardcore wildcard. You'll probably hate it, but if you don't you'll love it.
09/27/2015 01:54 AMPosted by Mystaerica
Anyone who tells you WoW has no competition hasn't played any alternatives in the past half-decade.

I like to play every new MMO that comes out for the newness of it. Once that wears off it's back to WoW.

WoW is #1 even at its worst for a reason. Everything else is just filler until a new expansion comes out.
Incorrect, but you're welcome to like what you like.