Right now there is a football game going on

General Discussion
Literally across the street from me. My college is playing their second home game and it's even on ESPN. If I threw a rock, I could hit someone at the concession stand in the breezeway. I can hear the announcer announcing a touchdown for our team I am so near.

And I choose to be here with you folks (^ _ ^)/
Also, I am watching this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkoz5EZTok

Game theory about MMO's.
football

a game played by throwing the ball with your hands, or running with it in your arms, as 2 lines of big guys wrestle each other for positioning.

50 something guys on a team, and only one or two guys use their feet to kick the ball.

sometimes the little things really annoy me.

SPORTSBALL
09/26/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Grimmoch
football

a game played by throwing the ball with your hands, or running with it in your arms, as 2 lines of big guys wrestle each other for positioning.

50 something guys on a team, and only one or two guys use their feet to kick the ball.

SPORTSBALL

You could always try calling it Rugby.

Edit: providing thats the sport your talking about. I'm crap at sports as it is. Only one I really know is aussie rules.
09/26/2015 06:27 PMPosted by Aryalin

Game theory about MMO's.

I just watched that too. Was interesting to get some history of the MMO genre. But I don't agree that WoW might be dying just because the genre and audience is evolving (it is, but the sub loss is mainly cause of WoD's failure).
Cool tidbit from the vid I think would be cool for WoW.

Crowed sourced in game translator that allows people from all regions to communicate. Of course I would rather it be free, but I would also donate to something like that for WoW.
09/26/2015 06:38 PMPosted by Vizelvius
I just watched that too. Was interesting to get some history of the MMO genre. But I don't agree that WoW might be dying just because the genre and audience is evolving (it is, but the sub loss is mainly cause of WoD's failure).
Yeah it was sponsored and he made that clear so this one can generally be chalked up to bits and pieces of cool info.

I think this is his first sponsored vid.
WoW is typically better than college football.
Do not even start about Rugby the world cup is on atmo. People will not shut up about here.
09/26/2015 06:27 PMPosted by Aryalin

Did not like his theory. Personally, he commited many mistakes. People left those MMOS, because they don´t their expectations and failed their customers in one way or another. Its not that people don´t want to pay 15$ a month; while it may contribute , its that the content should be on par to justify the cost. Otherwise people would just prefer a F2P model.
09/26/2015 06:38 PMPosted by Aryalin
Cool tidbit from the vid I think would be cool for WoW.

Crowed sourced in game translator that allows people from all regions to communicate. Of course I would rather it be free, but I would also donate to something like that for WoW.
09/26/2015 06:38 PMPosted by Vizelvius
Yeah it was sponsored and he made that clear so this one can generally be chalked up to bits and pieces of cool info.

I think this is his first sponsored vid.

No, it's not. He's done a lot of videos where companies have asked him to review games and such. Those can be considered sponsored if nothing else lol.

There was one video where a game company asked him to review just how historically and physically (physics) accurate their game was. It was about war tanks and he described their strengths, weaknesses and a bunch of other stuff. From memory, it was almost completely accurate, except for the fact that you got to respawn when you blew up. But that's a concession that all game companies make in regards to realism and historical accuracy.

09/26/2015 06:39 PMPosted by Kudryavka
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You could always try calling it Rugby.

Edit: providing thats the sport your talking about. I'm crap at sports as it is. Only one I really know is aussie rules.

rugby isn't the same game as american football i believe

The American football is something that we Aussies call "Grid Iron." Just google it. It's very similar to rugby.And in fact, I honestly don't think gridiron should be called "football" lol.
09/26/2015 06:45 PMPosted by Vizelvius
No, it's not. He's done a lot of videos where companies have asked him to review games and such. Those can be considered sponsored if nothing else lol.
I wasn't aware of them. I only watch his game theory vids and I think I only saw one other that may have been sponsored. That tank game one?

Oh well.

09/26/2015 06:45 PMPosted by Vizelvius
There was one video where a game company asked him to review just how historically and physically (physics) accurate their game was. It was about war tanks and he described their strengths, weaknesses and a bunch of other stuff. From memory, it was almost completely accurate, except for the fact that you got to respawn when you blew up. But that's a concession that all game companies make in regards to realism and historical accuracy.
Yeah that is the one, lol. I personally just like his independent vids where he tries to figure out stuff like who is Rosalines parents.
09/26/2015 06:47 PMPosted by Aryalin
I wasn't aware of them. I only watch his game theory vids and I think I only saw one other that may have been sponsored. That tank game one?

Oh well.

Yeah that is the one, lol. I personally just like his independent vids where he tries to figure out stuff like who is Rosalines parents.

That is one of the cooler ones. My personal favourite is the 3-part series on Majora's Mask's roots.
Lol hand egg. I watch real futball mainly British and Italian leagues they use their feet

It's not. Rugby is better.
It's American Football is called football because it developed from rugby, (officially called Rugby football)
Rugby comes from the town Rugby, England, which developed from Association Football because some kid got bored and used his hands, other kids threw a fit and tackled him to the ground.
Association Football (AKA Soccer) uses feet. Brief history lesson on how Football is called Football but uses hands.
09/26/2015 06:51 PMPosted by Gort

It's not. Rugby is better.
It's American Football is called football because it developed from rugby, (officially called Rugby football)
Rugby comes from the town Rugby, England, which developed from Association Football because some kid got bored and used his hands, other kids threw a fit and tackled him to the ground.
Association Football (AKA Soccer) uses feet. Brief history lesson on how Football is called Football but uses hands.

We should just call it "Throwballtackle" in commemoration of what precisely occurs in gridiron.
09/26/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Grimmoch
football

SPORTSBALL

They do everything on foot. I vote though if you where to call it something else, seeing its 3 - 500lb men running super fast clashing into one another. and getting hit like a mack truck, I vote Gladiators :)