Stop associating Casual, with Bad.

General Discussion
Please, just stop. You don't know what a casual player actually is, so stop trying to use that term as an insult.

A casual player is not someone to lazy to jump on the forums/wowhead/wowpedia/youtube for boss strats.

A casual player is not someone who has to much of a "Life" to gem/gear properly.

A casual player is not someone who lives their life around ruining your WoW experience.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a casual player, what makes me a casual player? I get on WoW when I can, or when I want to. I don't schedule my days around raiding, Pvp, or even my in-game friends. I am more than willing to spend 10 minutes learning about my class and any possible instances I might be running so I wont hold my groups back.

I am honestly getting so sick and tired of the threads with people who are not gemmed, enchanted correctly (if at all). Complaining that Blizzard is ruining the game for casual players. They aren't.

Just because you want to live in your own little shell of delusion, thinking you're to cool, or have to much of a real life to not be a terrible player, who has a superiority complex that stops him from taking advice, or learning.

If you don't have 10 minutes to read an article about your class, then stop queuing for heroics, failing, then coming to the forums to whine and cry that the game isn't casual friendly. It isn't, this game is now unfriendly to ignorant players.
Nice work on Cataclysm Dungeon Hero.

Unfortunately, the rest of your brethren are giving ppl like you a bad name. They seem to be a vocal minority and have redefined the term casual at your expense.
Excellent post, Boyo. Shame there aren't many more like you.
I agree. Then again I don't really hate anyways. Currently I am not a casual player anymore lol.
I like the way you talk son.
Pretty sure casual = bad came from bad players using the excuse that they don't have the free time to be good (which is bs).
01/21/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Leuchtende
Pretty sure casual = bad came from bad players using the excuse that they don't have the free time to be good (which is bs).

This.

I am so sick and tired of people using the word "Casual" to cover up the word "Lazy".

Or "entitled."

There are plenty of people who can't play this game as often as others, doesn't mean their skill is some how diminished and they expect Blizz to cater to them.
01/21/2011 12:12 AMPosted by Darthvixen
yeah, like Bracket Camper = Twink. sorry some associations are hard to split

You're just being obstinate.

But seriously, the OP is correct.. I got tired of "bad casuals" so I took over this guild from a friend. 95% of the members of my guild are people I know IRL. Some are better than others, but we play together for fun. We don't play all the time because we have other things we need or like to do instead. But we actually sit down and discuss strategy from anything from raids to 5-man heroics to specs. We pvp, we pve, we aren't the best, but we don't suck either. I've played with some people who are on WoW on average 14 hours in a day on one toon or the other and they barely knew what they were doing. In an ICC raid, they pulled 1k dps. After spending that much time playing, you think they'd know their class. Let me tell you something, 5% of the casuals I have played with have actually been baddies. And 10% of the hardcores I've played with have been baddies? Using this logic, shouldn't people equate hardcores with baddies?
yeah, like Bracket Camper = Twink. sorry some associations are hard to split

You're just being obstinate.

But seriously, the OP is correct.. I got tired of "bad casuals" so I took over this guild from a friend. 95% of the members of my guild are people I know IRL. Some are better than others, but we play together for fun. We don't play all the time because we have other things we need or like to do instead. But we actually sit down and discuss strategy from anything from raids to 5-man heroics to specs. We pvp, we pve, we aren't the best, but we don't suck either. I've played with some people who are on WoW on average 14 hours in a day on one toon or the other and they barely knew what they were doing. In an ICC raid, they pulled 1k dps. After spending that much time playing, you think they'd know their class. Let me tell you something, 5% of the casuals I have played with have actually been baddies. And 10% of the hardcores I've played with have been baddies? Using this logic, shouldn't people equate hardcores with baddies?

I know which DPS was doing that 1k. It was a hunter who was extremely geared (I'm talking over-geared for 10-man ICC), and who was basically auto-shotting and jumping around alot. A hunter who stands still could auto-shot at least 3-4k DPS. And he was on at least 14 hours a day, had like 5 toons at level 80, and couldn't be bothered to use google or wowhead (at least until I told him to...). He wasn't just bad, he was terrible.

EDIT: Yeah, I know, same guild. I was actually considering posting something else, until I saw him typing into this one. (he's sitting next to me.... shhhh. Oh, wait... crap)
I like to think of the Entitled crowed outside of the bad crowd. People who feel entitled are normally suffering from some very heavy mental disorders that make them think they are special ( Remember parents, encouraging your children is a bad thing if they play online games :P).

While the "bad" crowd is just lazy, and can't be bothered. Which I guess could also be called a branch of the entitlement syndrome.
I would like to place this back on the front page. Since I still see quiet a few active users right now claiming they are to casual for heroics.

Let me explain something to you. This is an MMORPG. This game is designed around progressing your character so you can do more and more things in the game, not only progressing gear wise. But also skill wise.

If you don't have the time to do heroics, then don't do them. Paying $15 a month does not entitle you to be able to experience everything in game if you aren't willing to put any effort, or make the time for it.

You have to make the decision when playing a game like this. Do you want to play when you decide to, while not revolving your daily life around raid times, or the long dps queues, that is the definition of a casual.

Which resulted from people not willing to learn how to heal, or those who just don't want to tank. Causing a massive flood in dps.

If you do not like this game set, then you do not like RPG's, and you should stop trying to change the game from what it is supposed to be. It is an RPG with many different levels of difficulty. Ranging from Soloing, to questing, to normals, to heroics, to raids, to heroic raids.

If you think heroics are hard, then stay in normals, or, rise above your own limitations. Find out what you are doing wrong (Ask, it really isn't hard to find out from other players). Then correct them. Not only will this open more doors in the game to you, but you will also get some satisfaction from not just complaining till the game was brought down to your level. But by becoming a better player, and less of a burden on your groups.
01/22/2011 3:17 PMPosted by Quintx
The problem is that most casuals are bad. So you get lumped in. Blame them.. Not us.

Blame the people who happen to live up to a stereotype than the ones perpetrating it?

Flawless logic, my good man. :P
01/22/2011 3:18 PMPosted by Ryllae
The problem is that most casuals are bad. So you get lumped in. Blame them.. Not us.

The problem is that most raiders are snobs. So you get lumped in. Blame them.. Not us.

The problem is most raiders see the majority of people claiming to be casual as retards and can't gem/gear properly. So you get lumped in. Blame them.. Not us.

btw, i'm casual
First, I'm going to tell both of you not to turn this thread into a generalization fight.

This thread is to hopefully get the people who are less than average at this game to think for a minute past what they think is right. Then look at what they can do themselves to make their game experience better. Rather than making the larger player bases worse.

Look, even if the sides of people who love hard heroics, and those who hate it were even.

If you nerf heroics, the people who are better at the game and like a challenge will get a portion of their game experience ruined.

BUT

People who are less than average can rise above their own level of "Skill". Making their playing experience better by opening heroics up to themselves. Also, they become less of a burden on their groups.