Corpse Explosion

Death Knight
Was easily the greatest skill in world of warcraft, please bring it back =(
It was awesome. Easily one of my favorite DK skills.
It was something signature to the class, but because blizz is making AoE not that big of a thing anymore that it is gone.

It seemed kinda vanity like to me anyways
I remember in ToC when my tank buddy would round up all the mobs in the three trash packs before Eadric/Paletress and we would AoE them down. Corpse Explosion was teh hawtness.

It was also amusing for blowing up the corpse of the occasional annoying Rogue who tried to gank me as a sort of middle finger to him.
Yes please.
01/21/2011 6:56 PMPosted by Closecombat

WOW not sure why you would think the most unused talented ability dk's ever had is so awesome.
You want to know why they took it out? Because almost no one ever spent points to take it. it was a worthless talent period.

Put it this way if you took it you were bad.. was considered a derp check to easy spot bad dk's.
01/22/2011 1:58 AMPosted by Darkwolfe

WOW not sure why you would think the most unused talented ability dk's ever had is so awesome.
You want to know why they took it out? Because almost no one ever spent points to take it. it was a worthless talent period.

Put it this way if you took it you were bad.. was considered a derp check to easy spot bad dk's.

And yet, with the glyph, CE was a great aoe dmg skill, since it was the only aoe skill you could use with runic power. I loved CE, it was fun, did good damage, and was wholly unique. Sure, it was somewhat niche, but I really don't see any reason why it couldn't return as a baseline skill.

I assume you're coming from a pve perspective. In S8 DK damage was so nerfed that corpse explosion was the best/only burst that dks had and was absolutely integral to them actually killing things (they had to play on an ms team on top of this). Put it this way, if you didn't take corpse explosion for pvp you were bad.

Grip healer into a bladestorm+corpse explosion w/ an ms up on the original target and OMGDAMAGE.
Yes in PvE it wasn't really good at all.

However, Ghoul Bombs were win in pvp and no matter what you were doing it was easily one of the most fun abilities in the game.

Blowing up your friends after a wipe, blowing up enemy players, blowing up giant boss mobs to find out they have rib cages about 100x smaller than their actual bodies.

The spell was just complete win and should come back as base line, ya know....for the LULZ....and Ghoul Bombs.
i wish they would make dks like they were back in 3.0
Yeah... not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but it was pretty decent threat if I do recall right.

ROFL @ Skinners. You guys remember that? "%*$@!!!!!!!! STOP BLOWING UP THE BEAST, I NEED THE LEATHER!!!!!"

"BOOM!"
Honestly, I would be pleased if they simply make it cost no talent points to learn, no RP, no runes, but did no damage whatsoever, just as a simple novelty ability. I loved blowing up the bodies of my dead enemies, just a slap in the face in PvP.

Also blowing up raid bosses after we killed him was oh so satisfying.
i'd rather take Black Knight's Death's Respite over CX anyday

heck, i would even take Arthas's Soul Reaper over CX

what good is there having a spell that only does things after the boss is dead?

yes, it fun to blow up their corpses after its all over - then again, doesn't really offer much fun either

we need spells that puts target down the ground - not what to do after they are dead
All in all, I miss it. I used it alot and wish it would come back in some form or another.
If anyone didn't know....Corpse Explosion was just thrown in as a reference to a Diablo II necromancer spell.

It was pretty powerful in DII because that's a game where there tends to be a ready supply of corpses all the time.

Didn't work so well in WoW.

If Blizzard wanted to bring the mechanic back, I think they'd either have to do it with ghouls or let DK's summon a corpse to explode or something. They would have to re-invent the mechanic in such a way that it wouldn't even really be a throw back to DII anymore.
01/22/2011 01:58 AMPosted by Darkwolfe
You want to know why they took it out? Because almost no one ever spent points to take it.

You're assuming blizzard does stuff for valid reasons. I'm convinced they just get stoned and come up with random ass changes to the game.
hmmm.... Kassadin suggestion (hyper think mode activated).

Corpse Explosion (reworked)

Places a dark rune on the target for 10 seconds. If the target dies within the duration of the rune, their corpse explodes causing x amount of shadow damage.

Works... AND removes the limitation of needing a corpse.