Buy TCG with gold

Customer Support
Is this legal??
If it in-game gold for in-game item, yes is it perfectly legal.
If it gold for real-life TCG Loot Card/Code, no.
01/21/2011 9:01 PMPosted by Andreìne
neither is real world money for in-game items.

Incorrect, I own a Celestial Steed. Unless buying a Celestial Steed is illegal, you are wrong.
You can buy the in-game (region specific) code for gold. You can buy the item in game for gold. You cannot buy the card, or the code from the card (non-region specific) for gold.
01/21/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Wrýnn

Incorrect, I own a Celestial Steed. Unless buying a Celestial Steed is illegal, you are wrong.

You're buying the steed directly from Blizzard. Anything they are selling is not part of this ruleset.

You can sell the in game code (the one you get after going to the website) for gold, because that code is only used in game.

You CANNOT sell the code directly off the card for gold as it's an out of game item.

The item code is redeemed outside of the game, however. That is where the distinction is made. You pay for the code, not the Steed itself, when making that purchase.

Likewise, you can purchase TCG cards with real-world money, because you are paying for the card. You can pay for the code that is redeemed at Landro (or for the item that the code returns) with gold, because that is considered an in-game commodity.
Everyone, calm down.

there are three parts to TCG codes

For Gold:
1. You CANNOT sell the actual card for gold
2. You CANNOT sell the code on the card for gold.
3. You CAN sell the code that is generated from the website (it is then locked to the server and that code must be entered in game, making it legal to sell for gold. Be aware GMs cannot help you when buying server bound codes, so its always better the buy the actual item if possible).

You are the one that is incorrect. You bought an out of game code with out of game money. You can not buy the Celestial Steed with in game gold. Nor could you buy the Celestial Steed in game with real money.

Again out of game item = can't use in game gold
ingame item = can't use real money.
01/21/2011 9:04 PMPosted by Panzerkin
Not quite. If it has any way to deal with a real life item, it's illegal. Technically, it's illegal to buy a swift spectral tiger on the AH. Sure, you didn't pay gold for the code, but the item is still gained via real life card, and it's illegal to sell the item.

This is actually incorrect.

Selling the TCG Card or the code on the CARD specifically for gold is a no-no.

Selling the item generated by the code for gold, however, is a perfectly legal transaction. It's a BoE item like any other at that point.

Selling the in-game, already generated item for cash, likewise, would be a violation of our policies. However, selling the card or the code on the card for real world money is acceptable.

Hope that's a bit more clear. >^.^< I know it can certainly get confusing, but so long as you follow the below rule of thumb, it should be pretty simple to identify any gold/item situation.

In-game item for in-game gold = okay
Out of game item for out of game currency = okay
In-game item for out of game currency = Not permitted
Out of game item/service for in-game currency = Not permitted

Any of the items available on the Blizzard store are considered services rendered (much like Transfer or Faction Change services), and are not applicable to the above situation.
01/21/2011 9:04 PMPosted by Panzerkin
If it in-game gold for in-game item, yes is it perfectly legal.
If it gold for real-life TCG Loot Card/Code, no.
Not quite. If it has any way to deal with a real life item, it's illegal. Technically, it's illegal to buy a swift spectral tiger on the AH. Sure, you didn't pay gold for the code, but the item is still gained via real life card, and it's illegal to sell the item.

This is totally incorrect. For your example, anything that can be put in the AH is totally fine to purchase.

In game item for in game gold = A-Ok
Out of game item (or code) for in Game Gold = NOT Ok
In game item for Real Life Money = NOT Ok
Out of game item for real life money = A-Ok
01/21/2011 9:10 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This is actually incorrect.

Selling the TCG Card or the code on the CARD specifically for gold is a no-no.

Selling the item generated by the code for gold, however, is a perfectly legal transaction. It's a BoE item like any other at that point.

Selling the in-game, already generated item for cash, likewise, would be a violation of our policies. However, selling the card or the code on the card for real world money is acceptable.

Hope that's a bit more clear. >^.^< I know it can certainly get confusing, but so long as you follow the below rule of thumb, it should be pretty simple to identify any gold/item situation.

In-game item for in-game gold = okay
Out of game item for out of game currency = okay
In-game item for out of game currency = Not permitted
Out of game item/service for in-game currency = Not permitted

Any of the items available on the Blizzard store are considered services rendered (much like Transfer or Faction Change services), and are not applicable to the above situation.

Ha.
And to clarify slightly... anything entered on or purchased from a webpage is considered an out-of-game item. That means the code off of a TCG card, a code from the Pet Store, a code for game time, etc. None of those may be exchanged for in-game currency.
01/21/2011 9:12 PMPosted by Pahanda
And to clarify slightly... anything entered on or purchased from a webpage is considered an out-of-game item. That means the code off of a TCG card, a code from the Pet Store, a code for game time, etc. None of those may be exchanged for in-game currency.

Really are you serious how can you tell if someone bought it from a website. It's not like someone is in trade selling a items going

"SPECTRA MOUNT CODE bought from web site for sale."
Really are you serious how can you tell if someone bought it from a website. It's not like someone is in trade selling a items going

"SPECTRA MOUNT CODE bought from web site for sale."

Pretty easily, actually.

/whisper Seller Is the code you're selling the one you give to Landro?

If they say "yes", you can exchange it for gold (although I would personally ask them to just redeem it and put the mount in a trade window, since it's not BoP).

If they say "no", you can't, because it's not the in-game code.
How is it that you can say we cant sell things but you can do the same? I understand the idea behind some like the companion pets for charity but you sell the Steed and other pets. I am unsure as to, again, why you can and we can't. Yes I understand its your game your rules, and that paying a subscription doesn't entitle me to anyform ownership. I would just like to know why.
Because you buy stuff from the blizzard store with money, not gold.

Also, getting anything from the blizzard store for in game gold is not allowed
01/21/2011 10:04 PMPosted by Vesll
How is it that you can say we cant sell things but you can do the same? I understand the idea behind some like the companion pets for charity but you sell the Steed and other pets. I am unsure as to, again, why you can and we can't. Yes I understand its your game your rules, and that paying a subscription doesn't entitle me to anyform ownership. I would just like to know why.