Buy TCG with gold

Customer Support
01/21/2011 10:04 PMPosted by Vesll
How is it that you can say we cant sell things but you can do the same? I understand the idea behind some like the companion pets for charity but you sell the Steed and other pets. I am unsure as to, again, why you can and we can't. Yes I understand its your game your rules, and that paying a subscription doesn't entitle me to anyform ownership. I would just like to know why.
The pets and mount from the Blizzard store are not what you buy, you buy the out-of-game code to enter on a website that triggers a flag on your account for the items to be generated. Thus it is an out-of-game item since you cannot enter the code you purchased anywhere in-game.
01/21/2011 10:04 PMPosted by Vesll
How is it that you can say we cant sell things but you can do the same? I understand the idea behind some like the companion pets for charity but you sell the Steed and other pets. I am unsure as to, again, why you can and we can't. Yes I understand its your game your rules, and that paying a subscription doesn't entitle me to anyform ownership. I would just like to know why.

In addition to the blue answer, it's quite simply because the Terms of Use governs our use of the service, not anything that Blizzard wants to do with the service. They are not bound by the rules because the rules as written specifically apply only to users of the service.
using the above blue logic, you wouldnt be able to sell game time codes for gold. which is incorrect.
01/21/2011 10:55 PMPosted by Chicken
using the above blue logic, you wouldnt be able to sell game time codes for gold. which is incorrect.
And, as has been stated multiple times on the forums, it is against the ToU to sell game-time codes for in-game gold. So, by that logic, you are incorrect on your assumption that the CSFR is incorrect on policy matters that she has tons of training in.

...you can't sell game time codes for gold. They are redeemed outside of the game, and as such can't be sold for in-game currency.

No, that's actually quite contradictory to what I've said. >O.o< Game Time codes are an out of game commodity, and therefore are only able to be exchanged for out of game currency.
01/21/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Wrýnn
neither is real world money for in-game items.

Incorrect, I own a Celestial Steed. Unless buying a Celestial Steed is illegal, you are wrong.

That is such a ridiculous waste of money..it looks like ur flying on a piece of glass..25 dollars FOR A CELESSTIAL STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
I love you for clarifying these things. These are commonly asked questions, so now I can link to this thread for forever and give people a solid 'blue-post' answer.

I do have a question though, if you don't mind - what Pahanda said earlier about trading gold for the in-game code you give to Landro (not the code from the card)... is that true?

Are you allowed to trade gold for a Landro code?
01/21/2011 11:14 PMPosted by Simcá
I love you for clarifying these things. These are commonly asked questions, so now I can link to this thread for forever and give people a solid 'blue-post' answer.

I do have a question though, if you don't mind - what Pahanda said earlier about trading gold for the in-game code you give to Landro (not the code from the card)... is that true?

Are you allowed to trade gold for a Landro code?
Yes, if you can turn the code in in-game to an npc, you can sell the code or item generated from that code for in-game gold.
01/21/2011 11:27 PMPosted by Flatspriest
Yes, if you can turn the code in in-game to an npc, you can sell the code or item generated from that code for in-game gold.

Yes, but to clarify, such a transaction is not officially supported by Blizzard. If it went afoul, they would certainly investigate it as a scam - but they may not be in a position to return gold.

This would definitely be an at-your-own-risk transaction.

As I mentioned, the TCG mounts (and some of the other goodies) are all BoE now, so you can insist that they be redeemed by the seller and placed in a trade window for you to exchange for gold. While that may be a risk for the seller, it puts the buyer in a cannot-lose situation.
>^.^<
I think I like you, Nevalistis. Mrow. ^^

OT: General rule of thumb, just be careful what you advertise in Trade Chat. If you think it might be against the rules, best not to even do it.
Random scenario;

/trade LF Someone who wants to buy TCG mount for $1.00. Also Looking to sell 1 x Volatile fire for 30000g, Looking for someone to accept both aspects of the deal. PST
01/22/2011 12:45 AMPosted by Wisers
Random scenario;

/trade LF Someone who wants to buy TCG mount for $1.00. Also Looking to sell 1 x Volatile fire for 30000g, Looking for someone to accept both aspects of the deal. PST

The GMs are not idiots. They would know exactly what you're up to.
I understand they would, but as the blue post said, both those transactions are legitimate ones.

"In-game item for in-game gold = okay
Out of game item for out of game currency = okay"
01/22/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Wisers
Advertising for this ingame will see that you get a holiday from the account. :) Don't do it.
Hypothetical questions are generally pointless, usually stupid, and almost always posed by someone looking for a way to get away with something.

Trying to play a game of semantics to rationalize violating the rules of the game is not going to work. As Danvers said, the GMs aren't idiots.
01/22/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Teufelgott
Hypothetical questions are generally pointless, usually stupid, and almost always posed by someone looking for a way to get away with something.

Indeed. And these questions have come up a few times on CS forum this week, with some players doing their best to find loopholes in the most simplest of concepts.

I find it amusing when they use the Blizzard store as an example.
01/22/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Wisers
I understand they would, but as the blue post said, both those transactions are legitimate ones.

"In-game item for in-game gold = okay

I wouldn't reocmmend trying it. Blizzard decides if you're breaking the rules, and trying to game the system is a good way to convince them you're breaking the rules.
01/21/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Wrýnn
neither is real world money for in-game items.

Incorrect, I own a Celestial Steed. Unless buying a Celestial Steed is illegal, you are wrong.

You bought an out-of-game code with out-of-game money. You did not buy the steed itself with real-world money.
If it's illegal to buy codes why don't you make the pets BoE just like the mounts? I'd love to own them but can't afford to buy the cards nor would I trust someone selling a code for gold.