It's not Blizzard's Fault WOD Failed

General Discussion
Now just typing those words is probably sending neckbeards, basement dwellers and serial Blizzard haters into a frothing rage as they rush toward their keyboards to pound out a frenzied response, but it had to be said.

Numerous posters have rationally argued against the statement that WOD is bad, but they have usually been shouted down by militant anti-Blizzites. So I thought it would be good to put all of the arguments in one, central post.

WoW is an Old Game

There is a well known rule among game designers that games die after ten years. It's like a little bell goes off, and even people who previously enjoyed the game at the 9 year, 11 month mark, will suddenly become sick of the game as soon as the tenth year arrives.

Even if Blizzard had capitulated to all of the insane anti-Blizzite demands, the fact that the game was old would have sealed WOD's fate regardless of what they had done. Had WOD arrived during the eighth, or even ninth year of WoW, there's no question it would have been considered at least on par with Wrath of Lich King, and possibly even superior to Blizzard's greatest achievement, Cataclysm.

Players are Growing Old

One point that even a strident anti-Blizzite can't argue against, is that the player base is growing old. Every player playing this game started playing in their early teens, and they all aged as one, until they started a family and found full time jobs right at the launch of WOD.

While numerous people have already pointed this out, the rabid Blizzard haters just won't accept it. People just didn't have families and jobs during MOP, and now that they do, they just don't have time to play WOD. Just like the game aging, this has made WOD a failure more than anything else.

Content Doesn't Keep Players

There are numerous anti-Blizzites moaning about the lack of content in this game, but even if WOD had launched with more content (as if that were possible), it still had two of largest patches in WOW history, with 6.1, and 6.2.

And what happened? More players left the game than have ever done so in past. The problem is if they make content, players will consume it. Even if they had produced even more content than they did, players would be doing it right now!

You can see how that's a problem, and even Blizzard has chimed in saying that if they create content, players almost always do it. So making more patches, dungeons, and raid tiers only exacerbate it as players gorge themselves on content - thus wanting more content in the future (one patch a year should be more than enough).

Players Don't Give Feedback

I'm still amazed by the lack of feedback in these forums, and in the beta forums. If anyone, even a single person had spoken up during the beta or the early days of WOD, then maybe Blizzard could have changed something for the better (even if WOD is a masterpiece of exciting gameplay.)

Player's can only blame themselves for not saying anything to Blizzard to even let them know there was a perceived problem. Instead they all left the game silently, and now we're left with a mess that isn't Blizzard's doing.

Gamers Are Entitled Now

And we come to the final point - WoW gamers are entitled brats who seem to feed off each other's complaints. I can't think of a single thing people truly didn't like about WOD, but a few malcontents started complaining, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

There wasn't a single legitimate complaint about WOD, but the entitlement crowd swung in to action to whine about the smallest of things. And if you didn't like WoW, and you're truly honest with yourself, you'll probbably admit you were just complaining because you were a sheeple.

So there we have it - the definitive proof that none of WoD is Blizzard's fault.
10/19/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Adhemer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/popcorning so hard right now.
That has to be the most well thought out troll post I've seen in a looooong time.

10/10
Now just typing those words is probably sending neckbeards,

Stopped reading. I haven't once seen a post with this insult used that had anything worthwhile to say.
If anyone, even a single person had spoken up during the beta or the early days of WOD

This part made me chuckle.

I'll give you a 5/10 because you used a lot of words.
Ok I'll take the fall..But this is the last time guys!
Someone else is gonna have to drink the fat next time..

=P
Wow is an old game = Blizzards fault for not making a new one
Gotta be sarcasm, right?
WoW is old. So is solitaire and chess.

People will play the game as long as it's fun.

WoD isn't failing, it's just not as successful as the past, and that resides solely on the decisions that Blizzard made for the game. The fact that there were 10 million people at beginning of the expansion proves that your 'old' excuses is just a lame excuse.

Time for you to get educated on what it means for a game to fail.
LOLOL. Sure, millions of players quitting the game within a few months of the expansion dropping is just a coincidence.
There are numerous anti-Blizzites moaning about the lack of content in this game, but even if WOD had launched with more content (as if that were possible), it still had two of largest patches in WOW history, with 6.1, and 6.2.

6.1 was huge. I still barely even scraped the surface of Twitter integration.
It's not Blizzard's Fault WOD Failed
That's a downvote.

Now just typing those words is probably sending neckbeards, basement dwellers and serial Blizzard haters
Oh that is definitely a downvote. Way to draw me in OP.
Started as decent bait, up until the "more content, as if it were possible" bit. I give you a 6/10
10/19/2015 11:16 AMPosted by Heftybags

6.1 was huge. I still barely even scraped the surface of Twitter integration.

Lmao
10/19/2015 11:13 AMPosted by Variella
Stopped reading. I haven't once seen a post with this insult used that had anything worthwhile to say.

It's worth the read. Lots of good points in there LOL
Ignoring the insults, I felt you had a point up until you called Cataclysm Blizzard's greatest achievement. That one hurt my brain.
Apparently this blizzdrone has finaly bitten the bullet and realized that EVERYTHINg in this game that is poorly designed,

from the ability pruning,

to the class homogenization,

to the faceroll dungeons,

to the unnecessarily long CDs on certain toys,

to the poor bandaid fix to low populations,

to the fact that WoD has maybe a third of the content that WotlK had,

to the ridiculous amounts of recoloring of 1 boar and 1 wolf and then shoehorning it as new mounts to be coveted while nicer ones get added to the store

to the insane imbalance in current PvP due to racials that WERE BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION BY EVERYONE (no feedback, lel)

to the patch that brought us twitter and the selfie cam

to the limitation of certain speccs by limiting what abilities can be used.

Apparently, ALL of this is the players fault. All of it. So shame on all of you for allowing them to make these decisions. Shame on you.

2/10 bait imho tbh fam
I'm still amazed by the lack of feedback in these forums, and in the beta forums. If anyone, even a single person had spoken up during the beta or the early days of WOD, then maybe Blizzard could have changed something for the better (even if WOD is a masterpiece of exciting gameplay.)

That paragraph alone should let everyone know you are a troll and a bad one at that.

Blizzard explicitly ignored beta feedback more on this expansion than during any other beta.
Now just typing those words is probably sending neckbeards, basement dwellers and serial Blizzard haters into a frothing rage as they rush toward their keyboards to pound out a frenzied response, but it had to be said.

Numerous posters have rationally argued against the statement that WOD is bad, but they have usually been shouted down by militant anti-Blizzites. So I thought it would be good to put all of the arguments in one, central post.

WoW is an Old Game

There is a well known rule among game designers that games die after ten years. It's like a little bell goes off, and even people who previously enjoyed the game at the 9 year, 11 month mark, will suddenly become sick of the game as soon as the tenth year arrives.

Even if Blizzard had capitulated to all of the insane anti-Blizzite demands, the fact that the game was old would have sealed WOD's fate regardless of what they had done. Had WOD arrived during the eighth, or even ninth year of WoW, there's no question it would have been considered at least on par with Wrath of Lich King, and possibly even superior to Blizzard's greatest achievement, Cataclysm.

Players are Growing Old

One point that even a strident anti-Blizzite can't argue against, is that the player base is growing old. Every player playing this game started playing in their early teens, and they all aged as one, until they started a family and found full time jobs right at the launch of WOD.

While numerous people have already pointed this out, the rabid Blizzard haters just won't accept it. People just didn't have families and jobs during MOP, and now that they do, they just don't have time to play WOD. Just like the game aging, this has made WOD a failure more than anything else.

Content Doesn't Keep Players

And what happened? More players left the game than have ever done so in past. The problem is if they make content, players will consume it. Even if they had produced even more content than they did, players would be doing it right now!

You can see how that's a problem, and even Blizzard has chimed in saying that if they create content, players almost always do it. So making more patches, dungeons, and raid tiers only exacerbate it as players gorge themselves on content - thus wanting more content in the future (one patch a year should be more than enough).

Player's can only blame themselves for not saying anything to Blizzard to even let them know there was a perceived problem. Instead they all left the game silently, and now we're left with a mess that isn't Blizzard's doing.

Gamers Are Entitled Now

And we come to the final point - WoW gamers are entitled brats who seem to feed off each other's complaints. I can't think of a single thing people truly didn't like about WOD, but a few malcontents started complaining, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

There wasn't a single legitimate complaint about WOD, but the entitlement crowd swung in to action to whine about the smallest of things. And if you didn't like WoW, and you're truly honest with yourself, you'll probbably admit you were just complaining because you were a sheeple.

So there we have it - the definitive proof that none of WoD is Blizzard's fault.

Fail post.