Its time to END twinking

Battlegrounds
<span class="truncated">...</span>

When has anyone ever twinked to prove how good they were at the class?

The entire point is enjoying an unfair advantage and dominating pvp brackets.

Nobody has ever misunderstood the fact that they were a twink. It's practically in the description of what they wanted to do. "I'm winning because of my advantage that I put time and effort into obtaining."

Pretty much this. That's why the twink population dropped heavily after they separated exp off and exp on BGs, cause now twinks couldn't roflstomp people in quest gear without out leveling the bracket.

Pretty much doesn't mean s#!t except you're conflating all twinks into no-skill griefers, when the majority of XP-off players are there to play other max geared opponents.

Nice try but no cigar.
Twinking is a thing? :) Who cares, just level up and leave em sitting and trollin.

And, btw, if you are there to level, PvP now sucks for XP - you level way faster questing.. so you never see a twink.
10/27/2015 07:59 AMPosted by Vãrick
10/25/2015 08:36 PMPosted by Darkhold
Twinking does NOT make you a good player. It shows that you must rely on out-gearing your opponent, rather than outplaying them.

Nobody has ever misunderstood the fact that they were a twink. It's practically in the description of what they wanted to do. "I'm winning because of my advantage that I put time and effort into obtaining."

This is pretty much on key.

I understand there is a very small player base that has valid reasons to playing twink level PvP, they're heavily out numbered by the post I quoted.
10/28/2015 02:15 PMPosted by Rakehorn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This is pretty much on key.

I understand there is a very small player base that has valid reasons to playing twink level PvP, they're heavily out numbered by the post I quoted.

If you review the exp-off thread on this forum, you will read that the vast majority of these kinds of players have noble purposes not related to smashing levelers. Crazy stuff, They want to merge brackets…not because they want to smash levelers but simply because they don't have queues that pop on exp-off. And the long queues have nothing to do with a lack of twinks not being willing to queue against each other instead of smashing levelers. It is some kind of ephemeral phenomenon. Oh, and Legion will make it so the gear difference will be nominal.

Oi Vey
10/28/2015 08:31 PMPosted by Kalyppso

If you review the exp-off thread on this forum, you will read that the vast majority of these kinds of players have noble purposes not related to smashing levelers.

What people say, what people do, and what people say they do are three entirely different things.

Miro, for example, a year ago (at least, possibly longer)admitted he was there to rolfstomp undergeared players. He didn't want to face other twinks. He's only changed his tune now because he thinks it'll help get him what he wants.
10/28/2015 08:44 PMPosted by Erdda
10/28/2015 08:31 PMPosted by Kalyppso

If you review the exp-off thread on this forum, you will read that the vast majority of these kinds of players have noble purposes not related to smashing levelers.

What people say, what people do, and what people say they do are three entirely different things.

Miro, for example, a year ago (at least, possibly longer)admitted he was there to rolfstomp undergeared players. He didn't want to face other twinks. He's only changed his tune now because he thinks it'll help get him what he wants.

very interesting, thanks for the info! Unfortunately I won't make any more posts in that thread, but this is interesting.

I could care less about players smashing levelers via twinklng. What makes me mad is the disingenuous arguments some make about how its not about smashing levelers.
10/28/2015 11:46 AMPosted by Redemptìon
They stick to OP classes/specs and just twink their toon as they go. Yet, no one looks down on them?

Look down on them for what? Doing quests and killing mobs for loot? The same mobs and quests that you can do as well.
Twinks are just people who put in effort. The motivation behind that effort is various and overall irrelevant. The same opportunities for the gear available is equal to whomever has the gumption to track down that rare hummingbird in Soandso land to get whatever this that and the other thing.
10/28/2015 08:44 PMPosted by Erdda

very interesting, thanks for the info! Unfortunately I won't make any more posts in that thread, but this is interesting.

I could care less about players smashing levelers via twinklng. What makes me mad is the disingenuous arguments some make about how its not about smashing levelers.

Idk who Miro is, never heard of him but if that's one player who was lying we should assume all players who twink are lying too? GG.

The only ones being disingenuous here are the people making assumptions or just wanting to bash twinks out of hand. As I said, I don't see average levelers much in XP-off matches. If someone is getting facerolled it's because they're still gearing up a twink, not because they're non-twinks.
yall smell that its a lotta buthurt going on in here
10/28/2015 12:39 PMPosted by Caoldar
the majority of XP-off players are there to play other max geared opponents

cry baby twink tears

^_^

hey if you guys really wanted to face other max geared opponents instead of 1 shotting no gear lowbie levelers, then you would hit max level and guess what pvp against people in max level gear!
So many idiots posting in this thread, wow.

Do you understand that XP-off brackets are separated from "no gear lowbie levelers" -- as in, a twink will only face another twink, or in the case of 29s somebody who's not lvling past 20 regardless?? Do you understand that if you have gear with any stats at all on it, it will scale in BGs since the start of wod? Same deal with your level?

Twinks play to fight other twinks -- it's the only thing twinks face, save for the 90-99 bracket and the F2P/starter 20/90 bots. 19s and 39s are both active and purely fueled by twinks.

Seriously, I don't understand the amount of off-the-cuff retardation being shown by people who quite apparently have zero idea how twinking has worked since wotlk.

So many people posting their assumptions or statistics "the majority this" or "the majority that" like facts when they come out of absolute thin air.

Oh, and just for dramatic effect:

10/29/2015 06:18 PMPosted by Boomjackson
hey if you guys really wanted to face other max geared opponents instead of 1 shotting no gear lowbie levelers, then you would hit max level and guess what pvp against people in max level gear!

You mean like full conquest geared retards do to fresh 100s in random BGs/skirms? Please enlighten me as to how 1shotting fresh 100 alts with a full geared toon is any different than what you're mistakenly attributing to what twinks are motivated by.
10/29/2015 06:34 PMPosted by Djfistgodx
Please enlighten me as to how 1shotting fresh 100 alts with a full geared toon is any different than what you're mistakenly attributing to what twinks are motivated by.

then what are twinks motivated by then?(lol)

You mean like full conquest geared retards do to fresh 100s in random BGs/skirms?

pls dont act stupid. i am obviously referring to rated pvp

p.s. enjoy the 10 hour que!
So many idiots posting in this thread, wow.

Do you understand that XP-off brackets are separated from "no gear lowbie levelers" -- as in, a twink will only face another twink, or in the case of 29s somebody who's not lvling past 20 regardless?? Do you understand that if you have gear with any stats at all on it, it will scale in BGs since the start of wod? Same deal with your level?

Twinks play to fight other twinks -- it's the only thing twinks face, save for the 90-99 bracket and the F2P/starter 20/90 bots. 19s and 39s are both active and purely fueled by twinks.

Seriously, I don't understand the amount of off-the-cuff retardation being shown by people who quite apparently have zero idea how twinking has worked since wotlk.

So many people posting their assumptions or statistics "the majority this" or "the majority that" like facts when they come out of absolute thin air.

Oh, and just for dramatic effect:

You mean like full conquest geared retards do to fresh 100s in random BGs/skirms? Please enlighten me as to how 1shotting fresh 100 alts with a full geared toon is any different than what you're mistakenly attributing to what twinks are motivated by.

So because I do arena (which is available to EVERYONE) to get my conquest gear alot quicker than BGs and I decide to do a random myself or with a friend I am a retard?

It's not the full conquest geared persons fault that fresh 100 didn't join Ashran where they are literally showered with honor and gear before entering a BG.

Calling people retards for being fully geared is churlish.

Lol thats funny coming form someone 40 man premades av's against puggers. If anything you are exactly the same as on xp twinks.
10/28/2015 12:39 PMPosted by Caoldar
the majority of XP-off players are there to play other max geared opponents

cry baby twink tears

^_^

If the top tier twink teams all leveled up to 100, they would soar to 2200 cr RBGs to hit a wall made of botters, ddosers, and hackers. I think they will pass.
10/29/2015 07:05 PMPosted by Shõõk
If the top tier twink teams all leveled up to 100, they would soar to 2200 cr RBGs to hit a wall made of botters, ddosers, and hackers. I think they will pass.

holy !@#$ i love this game!
Twinking is fun

XP on XP Off, it doesn't matter.

ALL the gear and enchants are available to everyone in this game.
Even the WoD crafted stuff is easy to get.

If you don't have the 50k to invent than you're doing something wrong in the game.

It's so easy to make gold in the last 2 XPacs there is NO excuse to not have at least 500k gold.

It cost me 100k to twink my warrior at 99 with two 2H axes and a Skull of War, and a WoD helm when I go Arms.

I am not going to say people are crying. I hate that term. But complaining about it won't do anything. So stop complaining get some gear and do something about it.

you are so incredibly idiotic it is unreal.

fact is, twinks are currently in a separate queue so that they cannot farm levelers... all they can face in queues is other twinks
10/29/2015 07:16 PMPosted by Freshnezbit

you are so incredibly idiotic it is unreal.

fact is, twinks are currently in a separate queue so that they cannot farm levelers... all they can face in queues is other twinks

Not sure what I would call my rogue. Shes 94, but I have 2 daggers upgraded to 705 with a Skull of War@710.
I am leveling her in dungeons and BGs, not sure if she counts as a twink. I have prideful for the 5% damage, Barbed assasin for the set bonuses.
10/29/2015 07:21 PMPosted by Clairedcat
Not sure what I would call my rogue. Shes 94, but I have 2 daggers upgraded to 705 with a Skull of War@710.
I am leveling her in dungeons and BGs, not sure if she counts as a twink. I have prideful for the 5% damage, Barbed assasin for the set bonuses.

There are 2 kinds of twinks.

Yours is the kind that gives the rest a bad rep and what people complain about.