Fix CC in PvP

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next
of course it isn't fun when you're not playing right. this game is very, very hard. there is a massive gulf between players who play rated and have done the research and spent years focusing on improving their play, vs those who simply expect to queue up and have some fun and win

there are countless thousands of other games which are easier and friendlier to players who aren't serious about putting in the work required. there are other aspects of WoW which are far easier and friendlier to players who aren't serious about putting in the work required. instead of demanding that the developers make WoW PvP easier, I recommend you go have fun playing something else
10/29/2015 01:59 PMPosted by Vaelseir
Basically everything would be a turbo mirror

the majority of posters in this thread do not know what a turbo mirror is

also FWIW, playing turbo at a high level is likely more difficult than you think it is, because turbo wins games by stopping its opponents attempts at CC. to do this consistently, you have to have a solid understanding of every single comp you are vsing and how they get their setups.

anti-setup comps get a bad rap among the arena community but they require just as much skill and coordination as setup comps.
10/29/2015 07:20 PMPosted by Shoegazing
of course it isn't fun when you're not playing right. this game is very, very hard. there is a massive gulf between players who play rated and have done the research and spent years focusing on improving their play, vs those who simply expect to queue up and have some fun and win

there are countless thousands of other games which are easier and friendlier to players who aren't serious about putting in the work required. there are other aspects of WoW which are far easier and friendlier to players who aren't serious about putting in the work required. instead of demanding that the developers make WoW PvP easier, I recommend you go have fun playing something else

Keep telling yourself that WoW is a good example of skilled PvP if it helps you sleep at night :)
Keep telling yourself that WoW is a good example of skilled PvP :)

Keep telling yourself that it isn't.

The reason that WoW PvP is not hugely successful as an esport is not that it's easy - it's not - it's that it's very difficult to follow, even for people who have played WoW.

Some of my RL friends like to joke "WoW isn't hard all you do is push buttons." And yet despite the fact that they have been around me playing hundreds of hours of it [well, my roommates at least] they still look at my screen and say "dude I have no idea what's going on. how can you even play this." Several of them have even played WoW or other MMOs before and yet they can't follow what's happening.
10/29/2015 07:24 PMPosted by Ziryus
10/29/2015 07:20 PMPosted by Shoegazing

Keep telling yourself that WoW is a good example of skilled PvP if it helps you sleep at night :)

Lets reduce the game to 4 buttons like LoL. Problem solved.
I appreciate the understanding that an experienced player can bring to a discussion about PvP gameplay, balance and mechanics, but it doesn't mean Theory Crafters are completely worthless to the discussion.

For instance, if you say "You can do X and X to defeat X in X amount of time." but the theory crafter is able to find a flaw in this fact(simply by analyzing the system), then I would say they provided valuable input.

Not saying that everyone's opinion is equally valuable or that complaints based upon misunderstandings are constructive, but rather that intelligence comes in many shades.
10/29/2015 07:32 PMPosted by Kåri
10/29/2015 07:24 PMPosted by Ziryus

If they were actually balanced it would be better than now as far as pvp goes :)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If they were actually balanced it would be better than now as far as pvp goes :)

But you don't want balance. You are looking for homogenization. CC is far from out of control. Do you even remember the crap like Mace Rogue? Mace warrior? SL/SL Lock? No, you don't, that was CC out of control. CC, as it is now, is by no means out of control. If you are locked in an extended CC chain it means either 1) You're positioning was bad. 2)You messed up and didn't stop it. 3) Your teammates messed up and didn't stop it. 4) Your team ineffectively used their CDs and left you open. I am by no means a stellar PvP player but I find CC to be more than manageable and when I die in a a CC chain I don't blame the CC since most classes have access to multiple CCs in their toolkit. By saying "Ayyy the CC got meh" you are saying "I used my CC/CDs poorly and left myself open."

Anyways, you won't change your mind or dedicate any time to learning/team work that comes with PvP progression. Im sorry you play a game that you dislike.
10/29/2015 10:41 AMPosted by Shoegazing
10/29/2015 10:28 AMPosted by Impsie
Seriously. I guess people don't remember sitting in Fear, Sap, Polymorph, etc for 15 seconds and having none of that share diminishing returns.

The issue with CC is not that it doesn't DR enough, it's that there's too much of it. They need to prune CC abilities out if they want to cut it down. Making all CC DR on each other means Healers will never die, or will be nerfed badly.

Not to flame you, but you have 16605 achievement points and yet your only arena achievement is [Step Into The Arena] which you did not earn until 2014.

I don't go around making suggestions about how to fix Mythic Raiding.

PLEASE stop giving opinions about things which you haven't experienced. Thank you.

Sweetie, maybe it hasn't occurred to you, but PvP is not limited to Arena. CC is cast in all areas of the game, not just 2s, 3s and 5s. This is not a suggestion for arena, but PvP as a whole.
10/29/2015 08:00 PMPosted by Impsie
Sweetie, maybe it hasn't occurred to you, but PvP is not limited to Arena. CC is cast in all areas of the game, not just 2s, 3s and 5s. This is not a suggestion for arena, but PvP as a whole.

Literally nobody cares about Ashran.

If CC in a BG is a problem for you then I'm sorry you're either playing few or no healers

or

your healers don't have dispel bound.

And wpvp? If you're complaining about CC in wpvp where you probably expect to run into people of the same skill level as you then you probably just met someone way better than you.
10/29/2015 08:00 PMPosted by Impsie

I guarantee you no one is sitting 20 second CC chains in random battlegrounds.
Blizzard, fix your game please. It makes me so sad.
So wait..... you are mad because a team properly coordinated a CC chain on you? Why did you not counter spell? you have two ranged abilities that coounter and one that can be used to psudo kick a cast (Death Grip).... What were your team mates doing? none of them could dispell/ CC/ counter spell?

Learn to use your abilities. Lord knows they have already grinded down abilities enough and put certain CC's on DRs with one another making some comps nonviable. If you want to mindlessly smash your abilities and not care about coordination, try unrated BG's or PvE content.
lol u guys r funny
10/29/2015 08:29 PMPosted by Xantheris
So wait..... you are mad because a team properly coordinated a CC chain on you? Why did you not counter spell? you have two ranged abilities that coounter and one that can be used to psudo kick a cast (Death Grip).... What were your team mates doing? none of them could dispell/ CC/ counter spell?

Learn to use your abilities. Lord knows they have already grinded down abilities enough and put certain CC's on DRs with one another making some comps nonviable. If you want to mindlessly smash your abilities and not care about coordination, try unrated BG's or PvE content.

Dude you're 1300, your opinions/advice are completely irrelevant here.
This thread is just bad lol. I'm amazed at the number of upvotes.

If you're facing 20 seconds of stun you're facing at least 6 other players. Why should you be able to survive 6 v 1?

Removing any more dimensions of gameplay would be a horrible mistake. They've already taken out mana burning, blackout procs, random stuns, debuffing with curses, windfury totem, etc. etc. It's a simpler game now than it ever was.

Most CCs are dispellable, trinketable,blinkable, bubble-able.

The cooldown on dispels is much shorter than the cooldown on most CCs and can be specced to be even shorter.

Start queueing with some healer friends, they'll either heal you through a stun or dispel them.
Clearly? I pointed out how a person did not use their counter abilities, and/or their teammates not helping them, yet because of my current rating my comment are invalid? I fail to see your logic
10/29/2015 07:44 PMPosted by Kåri
Anyways, you won't change your mind or dedicate any time to learning/team work that comes with PvP progression. Im sorry you play a game that you dislike.

pretty much :(

"if i'm not succeeding then something must be wrong with the game. i refuse to change so the game must be changed"
10/29/2015 08:40 PMPosted by Xantheris
Clearly? I pointed out how a person did not use their counter abilities, and/or their teammates not helping them, yet because of my current rating my comment are invalid? I fail to see your logic

what you said is 100% correct, and to be fair 1300 is higher experience than most posters who support drastic reductions in CC

I suspect with your ability to understand and break down what went wrong in a loss, you will not remain in the 1300s for long

keep practicing friend & good luck
Agreed. Trinket has 2 min cooldown, there should be no stun/form of cc outthere that should be on any less than a 30 sec cd.

And that goes for sheep, fear any stun and slows.