About the teaser

Story Forum
I see, thanks. I do hope the movie canon makes it so there is fighting in Dun Morogh since I really really really want to see Ironforge in the movie. Hopefully they even show a scene or something in Quel'thalas too, and maybe change the lore around to make it so the trees are all orange and pink and pretty looking like it currently looks in game. There are so many places that I want to see on the big screen.
11/03/2015 09:50 PMPosted by Scryll
11/03/2015 09:44 PMPosted by Denona
Whats with the caps? I don't get it

Because it's a reasonable and readily-understood mechanism for indicating emphasis in a textual medium that suppresses tonal cues, along with font adaptations like bold text and italicized text?

Using caps implies that you are butthurt

just saying
11/03/2015 11:41 PMPosted by Denona

Because it's a reasonable and readily-understood mechanism for indicating emphasis in a textual medium that suppresses tonal cues, along with font adaptations like bold text and italicized text?

just saying

No, you make the inference that caps indicates I (or someone else) is "butthurt." I can't control your perceptions and I'm not about to try. I use italics, I use bolding, and sometimes I use capital letters. Every now and then I End. Each. Word. with a full stop as well, another rhetorical device for emphasis. Trying to make some kind of point from other peoples' formatting is just another form of grammar-fascism and has no place in actual discussion. It is the weak prop of those who aren't capable of genuine contribution.

just saying

I'M NOT BUTTHURT, SHUT UP
Why are the orcs in the trailer and screencaps brown? Shouldn't they all be green?

I know that Durotan, his clan, and Doomhammer didn't drink the demon blood, but I thought they still turned green because of the radiation like effect. That's why Thrall is green.
11/04/2015 12:40 AMPosted by Aldên
Why are the orcs in the trailer and screencaps brown? Shouldn't they all be green?

I know that Durotan, his clan, and Doomhammer didn't drink the demon blood, but I thought they still turned green because of the radiation like effect. That's why Thrall is green.

The Frostwolves will be brown in the movie because the orcs need to be color coded:

Brown = Good
Green = Bad

BECAUSE SHUT UP.
11/04/2015 12:05 AMPosted by Scryll

just saying

No, you make the inference that caps indicates I (or someone else) is "butthurt." I can't control your perceptions and I'm not about to try. I use italics, I use bolding, and sometimes I use capital letters. Every now and then I End. Each. Word. with a full stop as well, another rhetorical device for emphasis. Trying to make some kind of point from other peoples' formatting is just another form of grammar-fascism and has no place in actual discussion. It is the weak prop of those who aren't capable of genuine contribution.

thanks for proving my point

If you are getting upset over a comment about using caps, then you are exactly what my comment said you are
Ah, the "if you reply then that just means I'm right" trope. So you're not really trying to be a grammar-*^%$, you're trying to troll.
Stormwind is pretty far south, and Silvermoon is pretty far north.

I could see Stormwind having a close alliance with the dwarves of Ironforge prior to the First War, but not with the elves of Silvermoon.
I didn't see any trolls in the teaser. This movie will flop.
11/04/2015 10:52 AMPosted by Tiyet

No troll raids or dungeons in the movie?
11/04/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Gibbons

I could see Stormwind having a close alliance with the dwarves of Ironforge prior to the First War, but not with the elves of Silvermoon.

That's not exactly true. High Elves existed in Dalaran and owed a blood debt to Anduin Lothar's family thanks to the Troll Wars. So expect High Elves to be within Stormwind or Dalaran, but not as official allies representing their nation state of Quel'Thelas, but as mercenaries and traders.

Same goes with Dwarves and ideally gnomes!
11/04/2015 10:52 AMPosted by Tiyet

Well the prequel comic is going to be about the time Llane, Medivh, and Lothar got attacked by trolls during a camping trip in Stranglethorn!

http://www.therobotsvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Warcraft_Promo_SDCC.jpg
11/04/2015 09:16 AMPosted by Scryll
Ah, the "if you reply then that just means I'm right" trope. So you're not really trying to be a grammar-*^%$, you're trying to troll.

wow, you really are butthurt
I don't think it's too much of a stretch for there to be some elves and dwarves in Stormwind at the time due to trade or political reasons. Some small bands could lend a hand despite not being in an alliance proper. And it would make sense if there were some elves and dwarves that witness the orc invasion first hand to help convince the others of the danger they present.
11/04/2015 01:05 AMPosted by Mithard

The Frostwolves will be brown in the movie because the orcs need to be color coded:

Brown = Good
Green = Bad

*looks at Garrosh*

*looks at brown Grom and his Iron Horde*

Totally good orcs over there :)

But seriously, as an Orc fan, I dislike the movie screwing up the character of the orc race and their responsibility.

The fact that in warcraft lore, you cant simply blame demons/Guldan/Demon blood, for the orcs doing evil, is an important information for the present day orcs including my shaman here. She has the same skin color that represents fel corruption, and her ancestors began to do evil before drinking demon blood, therefore she strives to be different in moral character then her ancestors and the alternate orcs from AU draenor.

If they take the whole "brown equals good", that means that brown orcs did not start to genocide draenei, only when they drank demon blood did they begun to do evil. Since the frostwolves are brown in the film, that means they didn't participate in a genocide. The fact they did, and Durotan compromised his morals in lore, adds more depth to their clan, which will now be ignored in the film, to make Durotan and co more sympathetic in the eyes of the audience. It also as the implication of a future brown thrall.

I think in the name of decreasing the similarities between the evil orcs of LoTR and the orcs of Warcraft, they have taken a whitewashing path. I think they should have stuck with the character of the orcs presented in canon warcraft.
11/04/2015 12:31 PMPosted by Daballa

I think in the name of decreasing the similarities between the evil orcs of LoTR and the orcs of Warcraft, they have taken a whitewashing path. I think they should have stuck with the character of the orcs presented in canon warcraft.
I thought the lesson of Cata-MoP was that all WOW Orcs are LotR garbage orcs...

Yes, Denona is a Troll, and she(?) almost always, without fail, will get bites. I don't know how..or why..but she must feel pretty proud of her trolling efforts in that regard.
11/04/2015 11:25 AMPosted by Velen
11/04/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Gibbons

That's not exactly true. High Elves existed in Dalaran and owed a blood debt to Anduin Lothar's family thanks to the Troll Wars.

And in the 2nd War, when Lothar explicitly called on that old debt to get elven aid, the elves only provided the very minimum they could get away with until the orcs actually attacked the elven lands as well. There's no more basis in the basic lore for elves in Stormwind during the 1st War then for goblins. Or trolls.

They weren't allied with Stormwind and there's no material which So expect High Elves to be within Stormwind or Dalaran, but not as official allies representing their nation state of Quel'Thelas, but as mercenaries and traders.

You could use the same excuse for jungle trolls, acting as individuals and not as hostile tribes. The movie may well include elves because that's what the market seems to want but there's no textual basis for their presence. They were insular, the only place there was really any mingling was at Dalaran which did not play a role in the 1st War beyond sending Medivh an apprentice.

11/04/2015 11:43 AMPosted by Denona

wow, you really are butthurt

And here we have the typical troll double-down.

11/04/2015 12:04 PMPosted by Howlback
And it would make sense if there were some elves and dwarves that witness the orc invasion first hand to help convince the others of the danger they present.

That assumes this is being built with the intent of there being an extended set of movies. I think that's an unwise assumption and it would be an unwise decision by the directors and producers