For all the worried Hpals

Paladin
We all know there's one choice Blizz has to make here for PvP... First row of the new PvP talent system: Your +30% healing from mastery affects everyone within 40 yards.

There is just no other way, either that or you'll have to reroll another class for pvp healing. If the current mastery idea remains in place of course. But since MM Hunters had an entire expac to suffer mobility wise, I doubt Blizz will shy away from their new melee healer idea.

But it's obvious that something will be done under the PvP talent system, it was brought in for reasons just like this one. So that Blizz can support their PvE + lore ideas without hurting / touching PvP so hard.

They've even given back arcane shot to MM's, so don't worry guys!!
I agree, let's decide which classes and specs are PVP worthy now, almost a year before the expansion comes out.

Just... just calm down, people. It's not the end of the world.
PvEers don't like the mastery either.
11/10/2015 09:07 PMPosted by Messer
PvEers don't like the mastery either.
I'm sorry, but on paper, I really do not like the direction they want to go with holy. I know, I know, it's a year before the expansion, we don't know a lot about it yet, but based off the class preview, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad worried.

I LOVE the idea of getting us in the action, making us more like battle priests, if you will, but... Proximity healing isn't that. If I'm trying to get in close to casters to heal them, doesn't that just defeat the purpose entirely anyways? We have to stand still to cast, we have very poor mobility, and now we are expected to be within a certain range to be more effective? The payoff for effectively executing this proximity healing has to be huge, or there is just no point.

I'd much rather have something more like what discipline priests are getting; somehow letting us heal while being slightly more offensive. Basically the melee version of what they are trying to to do disc priests. It's hard to really grasp how great that style of play will be, but I'd take it over their current vision easily.

Man... I guess we will see how this turns out. Maybe it will be great, I'm just not hopeful.
Enjoy standing in CC because you are a melee healer. What a dumb idea. Looks like Legion gonna be more trash than WOD.
This is the one class change that baffles me completely. This mastery is actually a liability. Surely blizzard can come up with another idea that fits the class fantasy.
Holy is going to need to work 10 times harder than any other healer out there due to this significantly gimping change. With blizzards track record of fking paladins over keeping them the weakest class in the game in all roles any chance they get. If any healer needs to be in melee range it would be druids due to all their hots giving them the ability to practically ignore melee movement mechanics that plague melee almost every boss fight.
I think people are overreacting.

It's still incredibly early and we're not even sure what kind of numbers we're going to be seeing in Legion.

What if Holy Paladins do outrageous healing when stacked on someone?

I am pillar hugging trying to LoS CC, my Warrior is getting wrecked, he's too far away for me to top him off, so he intervenes to me and in one global, he's 10% to 100% with some over-heal.

We just don't know.

I at least think it's an interesting idea. The plate healer bearing a shield is in the thick of things with the front-line. That sounds exciting on paper, it's just a matter of whether they nail it not.

That's my early take on it at least.

I am just glad Holy Power is gone from Holy.
11/10/2015 02:01 AMPosted by Whitewing
Just... just calm down, people. It's not the end of the world.

Have you ever heard anyone say this when it wasn't the end of the world?

No. No you haven't. Ever.
I think people are overreacting.

It's still incredibly early and we're not even sure what kind of numbers we're going to be seeing in Legion.

What if Holy Paladins do outrageous healing when stacked on someone?

I am pillar hugging trying to LoS CC, my Warrior is getting wrecked, he's too far away for me to top him off, so he intervenes to me and in one global, he's 10% to 100% with some over-heal.

We just don't know.

I at least think it's an interesting idea. The plate healer bearing a shield is in the thick of things with the front-line. That sounds exciting on paper, it's just a matter of whether they nail it not.

That's my early take on it at least.

I am just glad Holy Power is gone from Holy.

Oh like the picture Blizz has of the Pally holding a book not a shield in his off hand?
You Healer get in there with the Tank and protect them, and here's a nice thick book to use.

Based on Blizz's track record, I predict Holy will suck at hte start of the expansion and we will see how long it takes Blizzard to say oh oops, guess we miscalculated and should have listened to Beat testers when they told us Holy was bad.
with smart beacon placement you don't need to worry about movement....(25 yards from you and 25 yards from beacon, whichever is closer!).
11/12/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Mikolash
with smart beacon placement you don't need to worry about movement....(25 yards from you and 25 yards from beacon, whichever is closer!).

That's not how Beacon of Light works buddy.

I understand you're confused, what with you shadow priests constantly going insane all the time.
11/12/2015 08:58 PMPosted by Wensh
11/12/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Mikolash

I understand you're confused, what with you shadow priests constantly going insane all the time.

Beacon of the Lightbringer
Passive
The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.

If you choose the talent.....
11/16/2015 09:42 PMPosted by Locst
11/12/2015 08:58 PMPosted by Wensh

Beacon of the Lightbringer
Passive
The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.

If you choose the talent.....

The fact that this is a talent shows that Blizzard believes that Holy Paladins will be able to get by without the need of such a utility. If Blizzard felt this mechanic would be required in order for Holy Paladins to even function, it'd be baseline and not a talent "choice".
In cata holy was in the thick of things with holy radiance. I loved that heal. I thin if the mastery stays i think we need that back into place
Positional requirements for healers is just a terrible mechanic. Wasn't making light of dawn a cone again an annoying enough change for blizz?
Mastery is just one stat...you will heal with or without it.

HPal will still have its place in pvp. TSG or walking dead if that remain a thing come to mind