Official Blizzcon Recap

Pet Battles
Hi all,

Just got home from Anaheim and I was sad to see a lot of negative commentary about this year's Blizzcon. People seem upset about not getting enough information, specific enough information, or information about the topics that were on their mind.

What many people are missing is that Blizzcon was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO BEST EVER BLIZZCON!!!! It was AMAZING!!! There are not enough exclamation points for the amount of hype overload delivered directly to my blood stream.

Side note: Demon Hunter Hero Class plays AMAZING! Definitely shelving every other character for months when Legion releases.

PS. Skipped the Q&A. Couldn't peel myself away from Hearthstone World Finals. SOOOO good.
So you weren't at the Q&A. My theory was wrong then. Oh well.

Glad you had a good time though! It was also awesome watching from home. =)
11/08/2015 06:17 PMPosted by Zepp
People seem upset about not getting enough information, specific enough information, or information about the topics that were on their mind.
We all tend to have a self centric view of the world. The questions and concerns that we have are far more important than those of others. I'm not knocking anyone. It's a simple fact of human nature. :)

What many people are missing is that Blizzcon was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO BEST EVER BLIZZCON!!!! It was AMAZING!!!
I'd have to imagine that, in person, the spectacle can be outstanding. A bit like being at the Super Bowl as opposed to watching on TV.

Side note: Demon Hunter Hero Class plays AMAZING! Definitely shelving every other character for months when Legion releases.
Continuing my trend of accurately predicting things that Mr Magoo could see coming.........the first couple of months of Legion with the Demon Hunters will closely resemble the first couple of months of Wrath, with DKs.

In closing, it's good to have you back short, green and stinky. :)

I was in an LFR not too recently working on my tablets for the ring quest. 9 hunters in it....safe bet going forward there's going to be like 9 Demon Hunters? All with some form of the name Illidan :P
I am not hype yet.

I'm tired and wary
11/09/2015 05:06 AMPosted by Teaghan
All with some form of the name Illidan :P
LOL It was so bad during Wrath that I had to make a macro reminding folks that Just saying "Mail it C.O.D. to Arthas" wasn't going to work.
So would the naming be better or worse than the rash of hunters named Legolas we had?
I make it out to be roughly equal. :) It's usually a function of some one's subconscious desire to RP or a conscious idea that it's super original. Frankly I'm amazed there aren't more Darmands out there, but I suppose folks don't read books as much as they used to.
Maybe not everyone has read "Yes, I Named All My Characters Darmand" by Darmand. Give them time.
Well in publication it's actually D'Armand. I simply cannot use those funky symbols. It's a combination of moral choice and inability to remember them.
11/09/2015 06:58 AMPosted by Zepp
So would the naming be better or worse than the rash of hunters named Legolas we had?

No Gimli's? No Aragorns? How rude!

11/09/2015 07:10 AMPosted by Zepp
Maybe not everyone has read "Yes, I Named All My Characters Darmand" by Darmand. Give them time.

Darmand the lock has 3 pets named Darmand...

I may need to play around with DH though :D
11/09/2015 07:34 AMPosted by Teaghan

I may or may not have inspired that...
07/28/2015 08:53 AMPosted by Zepp
As Spawn of G'nathus began sending eletrical currents into the sky, Zepp noticed many Pet Battlers had their best teams prepped and ready for battle. Zunde had brought out his Salty Tears Must Be Harvested team, Alcone was sporting his I Hate AOE SO Much team, and Darmand was surrounded with a group of pets all named Darmand.

Excerpt from the most excellent story "The Battle of Halaa"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300116174
11/09/2015 07:42 AMPosted by Zepp
11/09/2015 07:34 AMPosted by Teaghan

I may or may not have inspired that...
07/28/2015 08:53 AMPosted by Zepp
As Spawn of G'nathus began sending eletrical currents into the sky, Zepp noticed many Pet Battlers had their best teams prepped and ready for battle. Zunde had brought out his Salty Tears Must Be Harvested team, Alcone was sporting his I Hate AOE SO Much team, and Darmand was surrounded with a group of pets all named Darmand.

Excerpt from the most excellent story "The Battle of Halaa"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300116174
With emphasis on "may"
07/28/2015 07:00 PMPosted by Darmand
I'll be back in a little while. I have to start renaming all of my pets.
Welcome back Zepp!
I bought the virtual ticket and I thought it sucked compared to last year. There was barely any information that either a blog post couldn't tell us, or we didn't already know.

Last year I was glued to quite a few of the things, but not this year...

I don't care about Hearthstone or HoTS. I wanted some Diablo news, but what they gave was meh. I knew a lot about SC as I am in the beta.

I am not that disappointed either cause the legion trailer proved to be awesome and I actually was one of the few who enjoyed the warcraft movie trailer too.

And i love my new pet :)
Hi Reno!

@Handcake Yeah Diablo really got the shaft bigtime. No real news at all, plus the Diablo area was just one tiny corner of the Darkmoon Faire.

I liked the movie trailer for sure. Some people were saying 'too much CGI' but I am guessing Blizzard was having trouble finding actual orcs and gryphons to cast in the movie. So many gryphons, so few gryphon actors.

The Legion trailer was excellent. I am so happy Sylvanas has a prominent role.
11/09/2015 02:40 PMPosted by Sunborne
11/09/2015 02:32 PMPosted by Zepp
I am so happy Sylvanas has a prominent role.

Varian and Sylvanas sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

First comes love, then comes marriage then comes Varian realizing that undead chicks have wedding night surprises.
Varian: Son, I have a surprise for you.
Andy: Yes, what is it father?
Varian: Remember when you said I should make peace with the horde? Well meet your new step-mother. I believe you've met Sylvanas.......