Is Versatility > any other stats in PVP

Battlegrounds
Beside healer which their main stats is spirit, all other classes should focus on Vers for PVP? If any, which DPS class' primary stats is not versatility in PVP?
10/31/2015 06:44 PMPosted by Shootess
Beside healer which their main stats is spirit, all other classes should focus on Vers for PVP? If any, which DPS class' primary stats is not versatility in PVP?

Assassination Rogue.

I'm flooded with Mastery (115% to 119% unbuffed, depending on gear).

it would be more, but, the monkeys at Blizzard gave us a legendary ring with decidedly NON-legendary secondary stats.
For healing Shamans and priests, yes versatility is the number 1 stat to stack because you get trained so often.

For DPS, you'll want to stack which ever your highest DPS stat is, apart from FC rogues who will stack versatility. The double trinket buff (which reduces damage by 15%) is enough.
Versatility is a great stat when you're just starting out gearing up.

In the case of my fury warrior, I shed alot of my versatility once I reached gear level 680+ and replaced it with crit and my damage improved immensly. I did notice my survivability was about the same as with versatility.
Most Rets have been putting Mastery slightly over Versatility. Or at least I do, so I can keep up with my damage from Mastery (I'm really proud of the damage I can put out) while keeping my offheals sharp with Versatility.

I'm pretty sure for Ret though most are going Mastery>Vers>Haste>Crit>Multistrike. I feel as if I'm getting Rets full potential the way my gear is set up. I play around switching with the Legendary ring and Conquest ring at times, however I feel the 715 ring is definitely better than the Conquest. I've been getting some solid Arch procs.
My DK has close to 30% Versatility and I can honestly say that it doesn't really matter. If your class is squishy, you're going to die from any kind of burst damage thrown at you no matter how much Versatility you have.

Versatility stacking is only good against sustained damage and at that point you'll notice it. And you really only stack it when your class has both horrible set bonuses and and literally scales like !@#$ with secondary stats that your only option is Versatility.

I'd say that most specs in this game stack Mastery. For most specs, Mastery increases damage done to either certain abilities or makes passive damage more powerful.
11/01/2015 05:25 PMPosted by Ryanebonhart
30% Versatility

WTF lol
11/01/2015 05:43 PMPosted by Shõõk
30% Versatility

WTF lol

he tries hard
11/01/2015 05:43 PMPosted by Shõõk
30% Versatility

WTF lol

I think he's referring in PvP areas or combat and possibly buffed maybe?
Versatility is a pretty nice stat, it scales pretty well.

Most healers stack versatility as one of their main stats, as spirit is only on rings, neck, and trinkets now. Today many healers don't even need a lot of additional spirit.
I like Vers. Started stacking it since BG-buffed I'm already @ 34%+ crit and 96%+ mastery.
11/01/2015 08:55 PMPosted by Wolfcatbear
I like Vers. Started stacking it since BG-buffed I'm already @ 34%+ crit and 96%+ mastery.

Are you Manbearpigs close relation?
Warlocks, Shamans, Mages, Death Knights (not 100% sure) and some Warriors don't stack versatililty

The Warlock set bonuses are terrible for destruction, not so sure for affliction though
I stack versatility, it's 32% in a BG.

Versatility has to be looked at through a specific lens.

For instance, ret trades damage for healing. If I have to heal less, my heals are also more powerful when I do heal, I do more damage - and versatility increases that too.

When there is exponential benefit for me to stack it, I am going to. Plus, ret set bonuses are very mediocre/bad.

Things change dramatically when you have a dedicated healer, or are in an arena atmosphere. But, when I am independent of those things in a random, I prefer the versatility.
Beside healer which their main stats is spirit
My resto shaman has zero spirit from gear.
11/02/2015 02:32 AMPosted by Banknorris
Beside healer which their main stats is spirit
My resto shaman has zero spirit from gear.

How does that work out on long fights?

I'm guessing Elemental Blast is a pretty core part of your rotation...
11/02/2015 04:56 AMPosted by Athôs
<span class="truncated">...</span>My resto shaman has zero spirit from gear.

How does that work out on long fights?

I'm guessing Elemental Blast is a pretty core part of your rotation...

Resto can sneak by with low spirit by deliberty healing only when targets fall into range of their mastery to work. It is stupidly efficient.

It's risky though of course, because it makes their teammate easier to get into execute range and makes landing cc that much more rewarding.

Resto shaman though do very well in deep dampening though due to their mastery so spirit isn't a huge factor for them.
I've tried stacking it as FC on flag maps. But when have 10 debuff stacks and/or are getting focused, It really doesn't help much. Chaos Bolts and Executes still hit 200k+.
OP, stat priority is spec specific. For ferals, vers is our best stat, while for resto the best stat is haste. It totally depends.

You should post your question on your class forum.
Versatility is useful for but a few classes. For almost all DPS specs, their main stat is not versatility. There's a few who it is like Ferals and WW monks but they're the exception and not the rule. I also think Ferals might prefer something over versatility but versatility works fine too because people tend to train ferals.

Healers use versatility only if they're attacked a lot. There are no healers whose best stat for throughput is versatility. Shaman love mastery, disc loves crit, paladins love crit, MW loves multistrike, resto druids love haste, etc.