Ask Creative Development - Round II

Story Forum
Prev 1 57 58 59 86 Next
What has happened to the clan system the Orcs had prior to end of the Second War, a few clans have noticably been acitve inside the Horde (Frostwolf, Warsong, Dragomaw), while others have Split into their own Horde splinter groups, (Fel Horde, Dark Horde) yet some things seem off. In Desolation hold we ask an alliance spy which Clan he is from, leading to some belief that the clan system has survied in more ways then just military forces.

Why are Warsong Orcs more present then the other two clans that escaped Draenor with them? (Bleeding Hollow and Shattered Hand)
Should not of more Blackrock Orcs joined Thrall's Horde when the mantle was passed from their former cheiftan Ogrim Doomhammer, or are they still green orcs like Varok Saurfang and don't stand out enough?
Does the Laughing Skull Clan still serve the Horde or has it's name and infamy just been given to an underground society of Rogues? Certainly some survied on Draenor, their Cheiftan Mogor the Ogre has taken over the Warmaul Orges in Nagrand, but what happened to the Orcs? Did they all fall into the service of Magtheridon, and then into Illidan's service? If so why didn't Mogor go with them? or stop them?
Can you tell us anything about Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury? It's the only legendary weapon that didn't come with any story behind it.
Were Draenor and Azeroth more similar than we thought before? Why are there Rockflayers, Outlands Basilisks, Warp Stalkers, Ogre-like Ettin now living on Azeroth?
Any more raids or dungeons centered around Trolls?
Mal'Ganis was so certain that we would not defeat Arthas without his help, why then was it done so easily. Why wasnt his pagein the tale concluded?

Trag Highmountain he was at the Argent Tournament. Has he been forgotten? Why wasn't he included in the assault on the Citadel? will you make another comic featuring the conclusion of his struggle against the Lich King?

How did Deathwing acquire both the heads of Nefarian, and Onyxia? After he touched stormwind and orgrimmar did we give them a head each to buy our safety? Also why does nefarian have a working brain, but onyxia is kinda, well....Durrrr robot/zombie!

Investigator Asric, and Peacekeeper Jadaar. Will we see more of this Dynamic duo? their story arch is amusing.
Alright, well... Instead of posting a million questions in seperate posts guys, mabey we should try to keep our thoughts coherent and compacted into one post. Just giver yer questions some thoughts.

Alright, Im not going to ask about where things are going much because I suspect there are plans to continue the Lore in the zones, and since there is new content coming out I assume some of those questions will be answered. I will however ask a few questions regarding the present inconsistencies.

1) Do the Orcs realize that the Humans of Stormwind never enslaved them? They just got beat up by demonic orcs is all. I suppose you could say orcs see all humans as the same, but the people who actually enslaved them (the Lorderani and Arathi groups) are in the bloody horde as forsaken. Did the orcs collectivly forget that they were rebuilding Lorderan and not Stormwind that whole time? How do they feel working with their former slave masters?

2) Now cata just started so I don't expect Tirion to be TOO on the ball with this but... How can the Crusade just be standing there watching Sylvanas and the horde do what they do?

3) What motivation do the Blood Elves have to remain in the horde since they have the sunwell back, and since it was the Draenei (the people they murdered for no reason) who re-ignited it. If they hate Kael Thas so much, why are they sticking by his crazy decision so much? Come to think of it, how are the Blood Elves redeemed? They killed the alliance and Draenei and then Velen re-ignited their sunwell. That doesn't redeem the bloodelves, it just makes the draenei goodlier, also stupid, since the Belfs go right back to killing alliance and draenei anyways.

4) Did Alexstraza forget that the DragonMaw kidnapped her, !@!!d her, tortured then sickened her children and killed her consort? She has bigger things going on right now I agree, but it seems alot of these neutral factions would (in the absence of Deathwing) be coming down pretty hard on the Horde.

5) Can we get a confirmation on where is Turaylon and Alleria? They were the main characters of Warcraft 2? How do you plan to darken (ruin) Turaylon for the alliance if he comes back? Seeing as how he was the indisputable good guy. Since I know its coming, why is Alleria going to join the blood elves and the horde?
IMO, you should treat Turaylon as a soldier from another time (like Obi-Wan). Alleria though should probably be trying to murder her sister Sylvanas.
-Please if anything tell me Turaylon is safe. :D

6) Wait, wasn't Gilneas a neutral state? How does the horde justify invading and murdering an entire kingdom? There isn't much neutrality in "Oh, uh we wanted a port in Eastern Kingdoms (despite the fact we have coastline property) So we are going to invade this country which is totally removed from the current conflcit and and start indiscriminatly murdering its innocent civilian populace while their military is in a weakened state.

In order to redeem oneself one must:
a) Say their sorry
b) Actually be sorry
c) Do something to make what they did wrong, right.
So... Any plans to not use magic wands in wow redemptions anymore? Cause it really seems like you guys have a messed up view of what it means to redeem oneself. You can't really bring magic into redemption, and you can't do an action which is beneficial to oneself and be redeemed...

Finally, are there plans to develop the story in the form of new quests, zones and content as the x-pac goes on? Instead of yknow, just adding raids. You incorporated raids really well into the story in Wrath though! I just would like too see some more story events thrown together. It honestly cannot be that hard to do, I make quests all the time with TRP2 and other stuff.
01/26/2011 6:48 AMPosted by Blazefrost
Sargeras is a much larger threat than Deathwing
umm... Didnt sargeras die being stubborn in the last book in the Well of Eternity trilogy?

No. He didn't die, he just failed to enter Azeroth. You might say it was merely a setback.

01/26/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Bashiok
Wow! The number of questions is overwhelming, and has gone way beyond what we expected to receive. To help ensure there's at least a finite pool for people to vote on, and us to then choose from, we're going to lock the thread tomorrow.

Thanks everyone so far in your participation.

Glad to hear it. I was gonna stop following this thread after this post, but if it's going to be finite I'll stay tuned until it closes tomorrow.
Since I'm getting sick of repeat questions, I thought I'd post a reminder about how to use the search feature. To search this thread for a topic, go to the search field in the upper right and enter your search term, followed by topicId: 1965567671. For example, to see if anybody has asked about Calia Menethil yet, you would enter: Calia Menethil topicId: 1965567671

The following topics have been asked to death. Please don't bring them up again unless its something new and unrelated to previous questions.
  • Where is Calia Menethil?

• Where are Turalyon and Alleria?

• What's Mal'Ganis doing now?

• Why must there always be a Lich King?

• Where has Maieve been?

What's the origin of the language, "common"? In the War of the Ancients Trillogy, night elves, tauren, furbolgs, and the people from the future were all able to communicate, presumably through common. In Warcraft III, orcs and tauren communicate despite having never officially met. Even harpies communicate with the orcs shortly after their arrival on Kalimdor. Is "common" a language that nearly everybody on Azeroth knows, and if so, why are so many Horde characters (both player characters and NPCs) unable to understand it?
01/26/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Maurdakar
Alright, well... Instead of posting a million questions in seperate posts guys, mabey we should try to keep our thoughts coherent and compacted into one post. Just giver yer questions some thoughts.

Thing is, Bashiok clearly states in the first post that they would like one question per post.

In an overview one of the guys at Blizzard gave of Uldum with people at G4 (If memory serves), the guy (I forget who it was, unfortunately) mentioned that Uldum was one of 5 titan facilities. We have Ulduar, Uldaman, Uldum. You could debate what the fourth one is (Maraudon? The various places scattered through Storm Peaks?), but what would the fourth and fifth be?
Will we ever see the return of Maiev Shadowsong to any degree after her self-imposed exile? She was an amazing and complex hero that really could use more use.

"hero" is a bit much for someone who drove herself mad persuing Illidan.
Ya but we cant even have any lore without one key component now I think of it
Any plans to FINALLY MAKE!
NEW FINAL OFFICIAL TIMELINE PLEASE!!
After the Battle of Mount Hyjal, Medivh clearly intended to remove himself from any participation in the world's history, but despite his absence, I'm curious what actually happened to him. Did literally fade out of existence? Is he sipping tea in a shack somewhere with a view of the beach? Or did he just crawl back into his grave in Karazahn?
I'm just curious as to why there was no fallout from Tyrande Whisperwind's slaughter of the wardens guarding Illidan's cell.
The only Trade Prince that we know leads a goblin cartel, is Gallywix. But who leads the Steamwheedle cartel? Is it the Warcraft 3 goblin tinker "Ratso Steamwheedle?"
01/26/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Bashiok
Wow! The number of questions is overwhelming, and has gone way beyond what we expected to receive. To help ensure there's at least a finite pool for people to vote on, and us to then choose from, we're going to lock the thread tomorrow.

Thanks everyone so far in your participation.

The number of questions was overwhelming last time, so that is saying something.

Please Bashiok, will the voting be weighted so that "highly rated" posts near the end of the thread will be worth a bit more than the extremely "highly rated" posts near the beginning of the thread? Some people can only read so many pages, but that does not mean that later questions are "worse".