Ask Creative Development - Round II

Story Forum
Prev 1 76 77 78 86 Next
Why are there no Forsaken paladins? Given that the Forsaken are free-willed undead creatures that used to be human citizens of Lordaeron, and that there are plenty of Forsaken Holy priests, it seems logical that they would mirror the human available class options. Wouldn't a human who was a paladin in life, murdered by the Scourge and resurrected, be likely to be a paladin in undeath?

And, why are there no worgen paladins??? The humans that lived in Gilneas surely used the light (they can be priests), so why not paladin?? Just because they became worgen isn't an answer...it's even easier than forsaken paladins
01/27/2011 6:07 AMPosted by Redfaith
Why are there no Forsaken paladins? Given that the Forsaken are free-willed undead creatures that used to be human citizens of Lordaeron, and that there are plenty of Forsaken Holy priests, it seems logical that they would mirror the human available class options. Wouldn't a human who was a paladin in life, murdered by the Scourge and resurrected, be likely to be a paladin in undeath?

Because dying, killing anyone in the general area when you get raised, breaking free and then finding out that trying to channel the light will practically roast you probably caused most to have a crisis of faith.

If you're wondering why there are a few priest light users it's because there were a lot more priests than paladins at the time.
01/27/2011 6:07 AMPosted by Redfaith

Its speculated (and i believe it) that they physically cannot become paladins because the light would burn them from the inside out. Someone asked something like this on the first page, hopefully it is answered.
I love world of warcraft lore, but the one thing that is bothering me right now is the infinite dragon flight, who are they? What are they planning. They are only seen in durnhold, the closing of the dark portal and stratholm, what do those events have in common? WHERE IS NOZDORMU?
I have a question relating to the old gods. So far, we know there are 3 old gods, but there has also been speculation about possibly 5 or more old gods.
When talking to a friend not so long ago, we both came to the agreement that it could be possible where the old gods and the aspects are somehow linked to each other (in a way). So far, we've seen the deaths of C'Thun, Yogg'Saron, and we may see the death of N'Zath. Right now, we've seen the death of only Malygos, but we can predict the death of Deathwing as well. That makes it 3 to 2 so far, yes, it doesn't work. There's more though.

It has also been speculated that Nozdormu has gone made and we may end up killing him in the future, or that we may have to kill Ysera, because she could become infected by the Emerald Nightmare.

Anyways, my question is, based on this information, is it possible, that in order to maintain some sort of balance, when ever we kill an Old God, a Dragon Aspect also has to dies?
well in wrath it explains that they were created by the titans as Mimron's helpers ( i think), just like the dwarves, they were inflicted with the curse of flesh turning them into gnomes, it explains this in the borean tundra quests. Other then that there's not much else
And, why are there no worgen paladins??? The humans that lived in Gilneas surely used the light (they can be priests), so why not paladin?? Just because they became worgen isn't an answer...it's even easier than forsaken paladins

There are no Worgen paladins because in the second war Gilneas shut themselves away, this was the period when the Church of the Light founded the Knights of the Silverhand and invented paladins. It's believable that they do not for these reasons but it also allows them to play with the period and say that they can be down the line.
Alright so we have the titans, the old gods and the LOa nd the demi-gods and the ancients.

What is ELune? She doesn't seem to be any of these but rather a "proper" goddess. I have also heard speculation that she may be a benvolent Old-God who lives on the moon.

If you cannot tell us straight up, do you have plans to finally tell us? Or leave it a mystery?
Is there any lore behind Malfurion Stormrage new look? New arm feathers, missing travel cloack and missing staff.
What's the motivation of Sargeras? It was originally that he believed that chaos is perfection, then it was changed to that he wants to remake the world, but further additions of lore have been making it more and more confusing.
I've been playing WarCraft from the first game, and WarCraft 2 is my favorite. I grew up dreaming of Azeroth. Are we ever going to find Alleria Windrunner again? Can you please find some way of bringing her back? Some loophole in the lore that could keep her alive like Danath and Khadgar?
Oh, this question has been asked, but I thought I'd ask it to put it in order and add a vote to this question.

I'd like to know what's the current state of blood elven lore. To direct the question in the right track, these are the details I'd like to know:

What they've been doing since the end of BC, what happened finally with their mana addiction (it's implied but it's not stated), is the sunwell holy or both arcane and holy? Can they use it to power their structures? Why do they still have the green crystals, are they there in lore or is it just because the zone hasn't been updated? What do the bloodknights follow now? What happened with the elven magisters? What happened with the dead scar? What happened with the ghostlands? What's the elven position within the horde and who do their ties lie with? What's with the eye color, will it change to golden due the sunwell? Why did the eyes turn green to beguin with, if most elves from Quel'thalas never used fel magic, and that was mostly Kael's people? Will we ever have a leader do anything of notice?
I know people have asked when Alleria and Turalyon are coming back, but seriously, I remember hearing, before Burning Crusade came out, that all of the heroes whose statues are in the entrance to Stormwind would appear at some point in the Burning crusade Expansion, and those two didn't.

Edit: Also, What happened to the High elf lodge in northern Eastern Plaguelands.
Why is it that any piece of armor called a Kilt looks like a dress, or for that matter the epic chest pieces that when worn give the dress effect. Should not a piece of chest armor stop at the waist?
01/27/2011 6:59 AMPosted by Zulzahn

There are no Worgen paladins because in the second war Gilneas shut themselves away, this was the period when the Church of the Light founded the Knights of the Silverhand and invented paladins. It's believable that they do not for these reasons but it also allows them to play with the period and say that they can be down the line.

Sorry but your incorrect. Gilneas was apart of the alliance in the second war. I know because I have read the book Tides of Darkness. I believe that they shut themselves away during the third war because of the worgen and undead threat which didn't occur in the human kingdoms until the Third War. As for worgen paladins, they should be able to become paladins. Probably Blizz wants to even out the ratio of shaman to paladin for both factions. I can't remember if goblins can become shaman. If they can I would say make worgen become paladins. Fits into lore.

Sorry but your incorrect. Gilneas was apart of the alliance in the second war. I know because I have read the book Tides of Darkness. I believe that they shut themselves away during the third war because of the worgen and undead threat which didn't occur in the human kingdoms until the Third War. As for worgen paladins, they should be able to become paladins. Probably Blizz wants to even out the ratio of shaman to paladin for both factions. I can't remember if goblins can become shaman. If they can I would say make worgen become paladins. Fits into lore.

actually, no, Gilneas only sent out a small token force to serve with the alliance army, and then when the Alliance started asking for money to hold the orcs, Greymane said no, and closed the wall. by that time, there were only a small number of paladins, ten at most, and none of which came from Gilneas, so none could get in.

Btw, read the story on Greymane that is on this site, it gives a little more insight on when the wall was closed. And yes, I read tides of darkness.
Will we ever have lore focus less on humans and orcs? Currently the other races get very little lore. It would seem orcs and humans get all the lore, then there's a second cathegory that is undead, dwarves, goblins and worgen, and the other races get very little developpement. Is there a chance the focus of lore will ever change and leave orcs and specially humans in a more equal place with all other races?