Blizzard and Communication (RE:2200 Weapons)

Arenas
Prev 1 12 13 14
01/25/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri
What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Assuming arena is balanced, how is the availability of the T2 weapons an "undue advantage" for raiders who choose to fit PvP in their schedules? Clearly, they would have earned their weapons, so the advantage is not undue.
Here's an idea for the devs.

Don't like PvP weapons being used to clear PvE content faster?

Alright then, let's say you have a PvP weapon with a 2600-3000 damage range. You don't want this bad boy being used in PvE?

New weapon stat: "SMASH YO FACE - Increases weapon damage against players by 800"

Now lower the PvP's weapon damage to 1800-2200.

Holy crap, PvE problem solved! Quick, hire me! I should be a dev!
You want pvp and pve weapons to be available to players at the same time...
Good pve players have heroic pve weapons yet no pvp player has t2. MMR bug in arena was going on for weeks. The rated BG bug took weeks to fix also; however, pve encounters were being hotfixed as certain guilds were doing them... Basically what you're saying is PVE > PVP and you don't seem to be listening to anyone in the pvp forums..
01/25/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri

You will get a negative reaction with your decision to delay 2200 arena weapons.
You will get a negative overreaction with your decision not to communicate with us about it.
But then again, you probably already knew that.

Sometimes, you have to make an unpopular decision, and you take a lot of heat for it. I understand that you guys aren't happy, and I'm sorry about that.

With regard to the weapon delay, as with any change which affects your gameplay, we always prefer to provide advance notice whenever possible, but in some situations it isn't an option. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases.

Some of you may recall that there were times in the past when it was common for the Arenas to be flooded by geared raiders actively engaging in arena matches exclusively to acquire weapons for the sake of defeating PvE content. That's not the intended design for arena rewards (that they be part of PvE progression), and that was a situation that we were hoping to avoid now. Raid content is very challenging currently, and as a direct result, there are fewer top tier weapons floating around. What we didn't want was a 'gold rush' on arenas, which would diffuse the competitive space there as well as give PvE focused players an undue advantage for raid content.

Ultimately, what we really want is parity in the availability of top end PvP and PvE weaponry. We want to see top end PvP and PvE items filtering into the player community at roughly the same time. This delay is an effort to achieve that aforementioned parity in this case.

humm, can you guess what Im thinking? Hint ti has nothing to do with arena weapons.
humm, can you guess what I'm thinking? Hint ti has nothing to do with arena weapons.

...Arby's?

Heaven forbid pve should get undue advantage for raid content and " diffuse competitive space"?
"undue advantage" ?
Have you been to a battle ground lately?
I dont know why there delaying the weapons for. They were already released in the beginning of the season and were only taken out becuase of the MMR bug. So now when the weapons were supposed to be released they make up this excuse? Why didnt they just say this in the beginning of the season. Either way, most people that pve suck at pvp. I wouldnt see them able to get 2200 in 3s anyways.
sup fuhzzi haha
What really gets me angry is the fact that so early into the pvp season, the majority of gladiator level players were hovering around 2200+. last I checked pve heros are gonna have a hard time beating glads.