Too...Many...TWINKS!

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 17 Next
Twinks, I believe, are ruining the Battlegrounds. On way too many occasions, our team has been overwhelmed by twinks (or, once a team of twink bots...) and this doesn't make things fun.

One time, we lost Arathi Basin at about 150 to 1600 because most, if not, all of the Horde team were either twinks, bots, or both. There was a Priest that knew a level 16 attack at 15, a Goblin Hunter (whose name I got, but will not mention...mainly because I already told a GM) that had a level 40 attack in addition to being twinked up. His pet's autoattacks alone could one-hit my Druid. There was also a Blood Elf that dissipated my Entangling Roots immediately after it was casted, meaning he didn't hiccup at all when moving, which would require superhuman reflexes...especially because he wasn't even attacking me and didn't know I was there.

I'm expecting to get flamed for this, but I think Blizzard shouldn't allow twinks on the Battlegrounds. This could easily be done by limiting the maximum item level of a character. Twinks don't make the BGs fun for the losing side, and make it too easy for the winning side, and I particularly believe that, having been on a mostly twink Alliance side once, it's not very fun if the opposing team doesn't squirm before dying, y'know?

Please post all agreements, disagreements, love letters, and hate mail here.
If srs:
Twinks are no longer in BG's?
If not:
What is this I don't even.
01/27/2011 5:39 PMPosted by Fanypac
you're really retarded

How helpful.

01/27/2011 5:43 PMPosted by Ulfregar
If srs:
Twinks are no longer in BG's?

From Wowiki...
Twinks are player characters who have gained the best powerful gear for their level with enhancements such as expensive weapon enchants, leg patches and BoE/BoP greens, blues or epics.

I have seen many lowbies in the BGs with heirlooms and such that do an ungodly amount of damage. Meaning they are twinks. Meaning you argument is invalid.

EDIT: Okay, if everyone's so intent that there's no twinks in the BGs, then explain this to me: How am I seeing lowbies with heirlooms and high level enchantments inside the Battlegrounds?
Well Twinks are very much alive my friends.. for people like me will level a toon decked out w/ boa gear/bis for level(shutting off xp and getting dungeon gear etc) then run rampant all the way up through the 70's bracket only to delete the toon and do it all over again. And ya.. theres a few peeps i roll w/ that do that and its faceroll all day. Kinda funny.. i knew this would happen even after all these ppl felt 'safe' to run bgs w/o twinks anymore. Advice.. twink your toon yourself or dont run as many bgs and go quest.

Oh and you cant have high level enchants on the gear, just vanilla WoW enchants..
People are usign their BoA pvp gear to level in bg's? We must put a stop to this.All BoA gear must go. Just in case people then go into dungeons and gather gear there to get an advantage we should probably get rid of all the gear from dungeons to.
People are usign their BoA pvp gear to level in bg's? We must put a stop to this.All BoA gear must go. Just in case people then go into dungeons and gather gear there to get an advantage we should probably get rid of all the gear from dungeons to.

/facepalm
I don't think you're getting the message, bud. What I'm saying is that the Battlegrounds should be a place where people can have a fair PvP fight. Ever played "I Wanna Be The Guy"? It's considered to be near impossible to beat by many, which is why not a lot of people actually play it. See a connection? Really hard=not fun. I'm on a PvE server, but I like a bit of PvP every now and then, which is why I go on the Battlegrounds. But when it's nearly impossible for our team to win and we've only won one out of five times, it's not very fun.

Also, how many of you saying how stupid I am have twinks? :P
I wouldn't consider a BOA player a true twink.

BOA twinks are usually not considered "TRUE" twinks by the twinking community for two reasons:

1. They do not have BIS enchanted gear for EVERY slot
2. They do not stay parked in a single bracket (Which is why they don't waste time getting BIS gear in EVERY slot)

The above 2 points are the hallmarks of any true twink. BOA "twinks" are, at most, a shadow of true twinks.

Blizzard will likely never remove BOA gear from leveling battlegrounds. Only thing to do is work around it and be thankful that you don't have to deal with the true twinks. Blizzard won't remove BOA gear because that would defeat the entire purpose of BOA gear: to assist and make leveling easier. As long as battlegrounds are a legitimate method of gaining experience, you can't expect BOAs to not be usable.
People with BoA's aren't necessarily twinks.

The true twinks are the people sitting in broken exp off queues, with best in slot gear and enchants. They would beat you down far worse than what you saw. I know people almost 20 levels lower than you who would make you cry.

OP, you could probably gear yourself a little better. 7k HP at that level really isn't that much, especially for a prot paladin.
OK.
To the OP -

TWINKS were removed from leveling BGS long ago.

Just because someone went out of their way to have better gear than you does not make them a twink. The gear is there. Go get it and quit being a tard. Infact stay out of BGS altogether, it's scrubs like you who make them not fun.
The only twinks that are in battlegrounds with levelers are people who abuse Trial accounts. I did this, and my account got frozen in about 3 days... probably because i did things like

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2000/wowscrnshot011511141629.jpg

If you claim twinks are ruining exp-on battlegrounds, you dont know what you are talking about. BOA's do not make you a twink. Playing with boa's is your curse for getting to level in your battlegrounds.

And you asked for it.
01/27/2011 6:07 PMPosted by Goldenclaw
People with BoA's aren't necessarily twinks.

The true twinks are the people sitting in broken exp off queues, with best in slot gear and enchants. They would beat you down far worse than what you saw. I know people almost 20 levels lower than you who would make you cry.

Well, if all of you would stop being so defiant, you would admit the point of his post. BoA gear is OP in the lvl 1 - 40 Brackets, meaning there is no equal gear obtainable by the average new player that would have no money, that could even come close to it.

If you dont want to admit this, here are some facts that prove it:
New players that just started and came to BGs after questing until lvl 10 will have about 230 life if they are Fury or Arms speced.
Veteran players of that same spec that have BoA(and probably the enchants since they have money new players dont) will have about 500 - 700 life.

If you are not willing to admit that this is consistant throughout all classes and all lvls up to about lvl 40 then dont post on the forums because you're just a stupid lier.