Macros checking for buffs conditionals

UI and Macro
To the best of my knowledge, macros cannot check for the condition of having X or Y buff.

I'm wondering if Blizzard might have any plans in the future to add this conditional. A good example would be...

#showtooltip
/cast [buff="Sacred Duty"] Shield of the Righteous ; Word of Glory

Simple idea, if you have the Sacred Duty buff you'll cast Shield of the Righteous, otherwise you'll cast Word of Glory.

Has Blizzard said anything on this kind of thing? Is this a conditional that can be misused and cause major problems?
Macros can check for buffs, but they can't cast spells based on this information. Back in Vanilla WoW, Blizzard specifically broke the ability for addons or macros to cast spells based on buffs so I doubt they'll be re-allowing it any time soon.
01/28/2011 7:21 AMPosted by Jondoe
To the best of my knowledge, macros cannot check for the condition of having X or Y buff.

I'm wondering if Blizzard might have any plans in the future to add this conditional. A good example would be...

They denied this request already on the old forums.

showtooltip

Simple idea, if you have the Sacred Duty buff you'll cast Shield of the Righteous, otherwise you'll cast Word of Glory.

Has Blizzard said anything on this kind of thing? Is this a conditional that can be misused and cause major problems?

Because they don't want you relegating your entire rotation to one button that intelligently picks the best spell based on what procs and buffs you have up, or casting dots without you having to know what's already active on the mob. They want you to pay attention and play the game, not your macros, imagine that.
Posted by Jondoe

They denied this request already on the old forums.

showtooltip

Because they don't want you relegating your entire rotation to one button that intelligently picks the best spell based on what procs and buffs you have up, or casting dots without you having to know what's already active on the mob. They want you to pay attention and play the game, not your macros, imagine that.

#showtooltip
/castsequence Crusader Strike,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Avenger's Shield,Crusader Strike,Word of Glory,Crusader Strike,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Holy Wrath,Crusader Strike,Word of Glory

<.<

#showtooltip
/castsequence Crusader Strike,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Avenger's Shield,Crusader Strike,Word of Glory,Crusader Strike,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Holy Wrath,Crusader Strike,Word of Glory

<.<

/castsequence keyboard to desk, facedesk, roll, roll, roll, roll