Shadow PvP: Legion Season 1

Priest
Prev 1 11 12 13 22 Next
09/11/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Kardona
Also since we're changing to Mastery and Not Crit a few of the pieces of gear need changed.

Until I see the numbers from a reputable source or find time to crunch the numbers myself, I'm not altering the Guide yet. But if I were to take a shot in the dark, I would bet Mastery over Crit.
In my opinion. Psyfiend and Spectral Guise are better options for PvP.

Psyfiend: one of the best way to break up a group of healers standing at range. One of the best ways to keep people off flags. THE best way to stop healers from healing LoS behind a pillar etc. Also, multiple classes have root/snare breaks which completely negate Void Tendrils. If someone breaks/trinkets Psyfiend, they'll just be put into another fear.

Spectral Guise: Great way to get openers. Great way to stop incoming damage. You can "vanish" while in stuns. For example, a Rogue opens up with cheap shot, you vanish, then blows his burst (gross) into your copy. Say a mage deep freezes you, you can "vanish" while in the stun and all his burst damage will go into your copy. Great way to get melee off you as well.

Also, I think the best part of Phantasm, which wasn't mentioned (I don't think), is when you fade...you get 3 seconds of immunity from ranged attacks. Fear a hunter, VT>SWP, when the fear is about to end, Fade. That way, he can't scatter shot you or silence you..and you have 3 seconds to free cast mind blast, mind flay, etc etc. It's basically a great preemptive way to guarantee free casting against ranged.
Good guide very helpful, did everything gear wise and I'm owning things!
Just started back to check out the 5.0 patch. Good ideas for sure.
Shadow Word: Insanity should now deal 2667 to 2815 damage plus 290% of spellpower at level-85 (up from 2235 to 2359 plus 243% of spellpower).

Mindbender damage has been increased by 20%. It now does 80% as much damage per hit as Shadowfiend (up from 66.7%).

Buffs to Tier 3 talents to make competitive with FDCL.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-9_18_2012
I'm not a very good player - just random bg's for fun.
I've been playing with my stats and stuff since 5.0 went live, lately stacking mastery. OMG what a difference!

Does anyone know if there is a mastery cap, hard or soft? I 'm at 35.97 atm and tempted to get more, at the expense of spirit & crit. But I know too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Anyone know?
Thanks. And thanks so much for this thread. I relied on it all thru Cata, and loving it again now that MoP is about to hit.
Do the changes to Mindbender & SW:I make them more viable options now (over FDCL/SoD)?
I've been playing with my stats and stuff since 5.0 went live, lately stacking mastery. OMG what a difference!

Does anyone know if there is a mastery cap, hard or soft? I 'm at 35.97 atm and tempted to get more, at the expense of spirit & crit. But I know too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Anyone know?
Thanks. And thanks so much for this thread. I relied on it all thru Cata, and loving it again now that MoP is about to hit.

Anyone?
I'm curious why PvP Resilience is not gemmed for. Specifically why Vivid Elven Peridot is not taken over Shattered Elven Peridot
I like this, very nice. When it comes to level 45 talents, FDCL is better than Mindbender, but Mindbender isn't terrible. Just my opinion.

Anyone know?

Havn't had any issues running high mastery yet. Though as I'm leveling still my mastery is droping quite a bit.

I'm curious why PvP Resilience is not gemmed for. Specifically why Vivid Elven Peridot is not taken over Shattered Elven Peridot

In most cases we are expecting you to have a healer making Resilience nice but being able to get those kills is more important than 25 Resilience. Though we will see as things change at 90 a lot.
In my opinion. Psyfiend and Spectral Guise are better options for PvP.

Psyfiend: one of the best way to break up a group of healers standing at range. One of the best ways to keep people off flags. THE best way to stop healers from healing LoS behind a pillar etc. Also, multiple classes have root/snare breaks which completely negate Void Tendrils. If someone breaks/trinkets Psyfiend, they'll just be put into another fear.

Spectral Guise: Great way to get openers. Great way to stop incoming damage. You can "vanish" while in stuns. For example, a Rogue opens up with cheap shot, you vanish, then blows his burst (gross) into your copy. Say a mage deep freezes you, you can "vanish" while in the stun and all his burst damage will go into your copy. Great way to get melee off you as well.

Also, I think the best part of Phantasm, which wasn't mentioned (I don't think), is when you fade...you get 3 seconds of immunity from ranged attacks. Fear a hunter, VT>SWP, when the fear is about to end, Fade. That way, he can't scatter shot you or silence you..and you have 3 seconds to free cast mind blast, mind flay, etc etc. It's basically a great preemptive way to guarantee free casting against ranged.

As for Psyfiend it doesn't last long enough for me yet it does provide the benefit of interupting spells and positioning. Void Tendrils allows range to keep attacking and melee to use skills like Death Grip but I'm still testing them both out. I'm still leaning towards Tendrils though. As time goes on we will see.

As for Spectral Guise its like Rogue Vanish... sometimes it doesn't work. Which means you used a cooldown and gained nothing.
Had a nice burst rotation earlier in a BG. Was facing a Druid/Warlock 2v1 They were 86 in Full Cata and I'm 87. Needless to say it's nearly impossible to be killed by that makeup currently. But it's nearly impossible to kill without a second DPS or extra CC. But with a bit of luck I managed to take out the Warlock.

Had VT and SW:P on Lock
Instant Mind Spike
Instant Mind Spike
Instant Mind Blast
Proc Instant Mind Blast
2 Orb Devouring Plague

GG Lock was dead.

Though I'm still wearing only 85 PvP gear so it's safe to say my damage is far from optimal.
tat Priority
1) 6% Hit
Note: Draeni only need 5% due to Racial Ability "Heroic Presence".
2) PvP Power (This replaces Penetration; Penetration and Resistance no longer exists.)
3) Intellect
4) Haste
5) Critical Strike
6) Mastery

Great guide but some questions I have are:

where does PVP resilience fall in? Would it be more valuable than haste but less than INT?

Also for JC they have 320INT Serpents eye vs the perfect mysterious imperial amethyst 80int and 160 pvp power which one would be better to socket?
I see Merrik is busy playing PokeWoW and tending his farm these days. Going to help out a bit and link a great read on PvP Power / Resilience for MoP.

Sure alot of comes directly from NASA. But with some skimming you can get the "jist of it all."

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/228345-mists-pvp-power-and-resilience-guide/

Keep melting thier faces off, Shadow Priests!
Id like to ask for a update on the guide as far as offset pieces, gems, and enchants go for season 12?
Can anyone offer any tips against warriors? I feel that they hit me 5 times before I can even get a VT off. Actually, that goes for most melee. I get demolished. Help.
10/13/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Solistr
Can anyone offer any tips against warriors? I feel that they hit me 5 times before I can even get a VT off. Actually, that goes for most melee. I get demolished. Help.

That's just the state of being a Priest. Gotta make range some way and get the cast off.
Reforging

Helm: Mastery -> Crit
Neck: Mastery -> Crit
Shoulders: Mastery -> Crit
Cloak: Do not reforge
Chest: Do not reforge
Bracers: Mastery -> Crit
Gloves: Do not reforge
Belt: Do not reforge
Legs: Mastery -> Crit
Boots: Do not reforge
Ring 1 (Cruelty): Crit -> Haste
Ring 2 (Meditation): Do not reforge
Trinket 1 (Badge): Cannot reforge
Trinket 2 (Medallion): Crit -> Haste
Trinket 2 Human (Insignia): Cannot reforge
(The reason some items do NOT reforge to Haste is that they already have Haste on them, making impossible to reforge them to Haste.)

The reforge are updated with new patch?
I've been reducing my haste and going with a Crit+Mastery Build. Seems to be working quite well at the moment. Think damage is going up pretty high. Cascade works wonders in BGs

http://tinypic.com/r/ocz20/6

http://tinypic.com/r/1j3xbc/6

That's the recount for that game. Cascade stacks up fast if you use it well.