Technical Support
Prev 1 6 7 8 33 Next
Bayne,

1 7 ms 9 ms 6 ms 10.40.192.1
2 18 ms 18 ms 19 ms gig-4-0-nycmnyj-rtr1.nyc.rr.com [24.29.97.177]
3 * 19 ms * pos-13-1-0-nycmnyrdc-rtr1.nyc.rr.com [24.29.100.122]
4 19 ms 29 ms 24 ms ae5-nycsnyoo-rtr1.nyc.rr.com [24.29.148.70]
5 19 ms * 17 ms ae-3-0.cr0.nyc20.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.76]

If you look at your traceroute, you'll see a few '*' in the results. These mean that the ping on that hop timed out, indicating a significant level of packet loss. The fact that this is happening in the first few hops of your route indicates a probable issue with your local connection. Have you had your ISP test your modem?

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X
02/04/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Torpedo
I know you don't work for Blizz, but they gave you MVP status so you're basically an unofficial representative for them on the forums. Green text is also very intimidating and official looking.

I'm not even sure why we're even having an argument, my original comment was a harmless joke that was grossly misinterpreted. Besides, all a forum ban would do is stop me from posting tracerts, which is all that I've used this account for in months because my ISP blames Blizzard and Blizzard says nothing and then nothing gets done. I really don't know why I haven't canceled my sub yet.

Aside from your attempts at levity, I am rather disappointed that you feel we are treating this issue as 'a joke', as you so adroitly put it, or that the issue is something we can fix on our end. We have devoted tremendous time and resources to monitoring, isolating, and eliminating any possible contributing factor within our immediate control, including extensive tests through our own ISP. Once the data transits past our head-end routers, we have little ability to control what happens to said data.

Of course, this hasn't stopped us from attempting to work with every local (and some foreign) ISP who has contacted us for further information. We are dedicated to doing everything in our power to provide an ideal gaming experience.

Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X
02/04/2011 7:30 AMPosted by BrianI
I know you don't work for Blizz, but they gave you MVP status so you're basically an unofficial representative for them on the forums. Green text is also very intimidating and official looking.

I'm not even sure why we're even having an argument, my original comment was a harmless joke that was grossly misinterpreted. Besides, all a forum ban would do is stop me from posting tracerts, which is all that I've used this account for in months because my ISP blames Blizzard and Blizzard says nothing and then nothing gets done. I really don't know why I haven't canceled my sub yet.

Aside from your attempts at levity, I am rather disappointed that you feel we are treating this issue as 'a joke', as you so adroitly put it, or that the issue is something we can fix on our end. We have devoted tremendous time and resources to monitoring, isolating, and eliminating any possible contributing factor within our immediate control, including extensive tests through our own ISP. Once the data transits past our head-end routers, we have little ability to control what happens to said data.

Of course, this hasn't stopped us from attempting to work with every local (and some foreign) ISP who has contacted us for further information. We are dedicated to doing everything in our power to provide an ideal gaming experience.

How about "simply" reversing the changes made for Cataclysm? Many of us had no issues prior to release and it is rather curious to me at least that my problems coincided exactly with the date and time of release. Although I suppose if those changes were made to help folks having problems prior to release then you need to make the choice that minimizes impact on the players. I think many of us simply need to realize that unfortunately the complexity of the game has now made it incompatible with certain systems and our choice is to live with it or move on.
Believe me when I say this can be very annoying. I went through a good month with the same issues lots of you are having. I can Honestly tell you that you are not forgotten. I am one of the lucky ones who so far the issue looks to be resolved for me and many others that were going through this. I have still been following it and checking in here and there. I will say this is hopefully my last post here but I wanted to come back and say THANK YOU in all caps to Brian I know you are reading these post and I know you and Blizz are doing the best that you can atm. Thank you again.
02/04/2011 8:20 AMPosted by Merise

How about "simply" reversing the changes made for Cataclysm? Many of us had no issues prior to release and it is rather curious to me at least that my problems coincided exactly with the date and time of release. Although I suppose if those changes were made to help folks having problems prior to release then you need to make the choice that minimizes impact on the players. I think many of us simply need to realize that unfortunately the complexity of the game has now made it incompatible with certain systems and our choice is to live with it or move on.

With respect to your post I am inclined to agree. This does pose the question of if this issue was something mentioned in the system requirements for Cata? I have gone through the very same thing. During WotLK and prior expansions the game performance was never as poor at is now. I, like many others, have been back and forth with my ISP and Blizz support on this matter and have even checked router and modem performance with City of Heroes tech support, which is another MMO I play and this issue is not happening with their server at all, even at high peak time. I realize they may use a different format from Blizz, but then perhaps a different format should be investigated since clearly this new method or service is not functioning as well as intended, in my opinion.

Oh, I have no doubt you're working on it. I've been following these threads and your posts since around October. My complaint is that after all these months I've seen no results on my end and I really haven't seen them for anyone else outside of the major latency incidents like Time Warner, which for some reason got fixed within a week. I'm sure you're working hard compiling data, but that really does nothing for me if it takes 3 years to send it to ATT or whoever and have them fix it "soon"(TM). WoW is the only program giving me latency issues, so as far as I'm concerned this is all on you guys. You can't expect every ISP and 3rd party network to work their ass off to cater to your special needs for your currently broken system. The glaringly obvious solution is to revert the change, but it's apparently too late for that. It's a pipe with thousands of leaks of varying sizes and we don't even know if you guys can patch them up, much less if you're willing to do it. For all we know there are leaks you guys know of but think are too small to bother with, and I'm apparently one of them. If there was a global solution that would fix this for everyone in one fell swoop I have no doubt it would've been done by now.

Anyways, I'm done with my crappy pipe metaphors. Please fix this before I literally lob my own head off.

Aside from your attempts at sarcasm, I am rather disappointed at the unprofessional candor you have responded with. Perhaps someone should remind you that as a Support Agent, your job is to handle support - not community management, there is someone paid much more than you and much more qualified than you, to handle that.

Since Blizzard cannot be bothered to properly train you - I'll fix your post:

We have devoted tremendous time and resources to monitoring, isolating, and eliminating any possible contributing factors within our immediate control, including extensive tests through our own ISP. Once the data transits past our head-end routers, we have little ability to control what happens to said data. We are dedicated to doing everything in our power to provide an ideal gaming experience. Thank you for your patience.

You see that? No opinion, no commentary and courteously acknowledging the customer's frustrations. That's how you do your job as a Support Agent.
Two points for Soulblaze.
Wow imagine that. I get home from work and I am unable to play the game because of lag. Who would have thought? Seriously are you guys even bothering to try to fix this? Or should we just throw our 15 bucks out the window the next coming month or so? I mean seriously all we want is a little heads up on the situation. No more excuses......
Merise,

Almost all the issues people are posting here are unrelated to any of the minor changes made for Cataclysm. Either the issues predated the release, or they occurred a month or so later. Very few of the actual posted reports coincided exactly with launch.

02/04/2011 2:58 PMPosted by BrianI
Merise,

Almost all the issues people are posting here are unrelated to any of the minor changes made for Cataclysm. Either the issues predated the release, or they occurred a month or so later. Very few of the actual posted reports coincided exactly with launch.

Well after having my ISP come out and check out my setup and finding nothing wrong, I am thinking that somehow Cata and my pc are not compatible. It's a new machine, W7/64/ATI. Does that sound reasonable? I've spent around $150 on fixes so far to no avail. But if you think the issue is with my pc then I may shell out for a new H/D and rebuild the OS.
Seriously? Kinda funny how this was NEVER a problem until Cata hit. Blow smoke elsewhere. The way i see it Blizzard owes me 3 months worth of free play time.
Hello, again... Been a few months, but I'm back and still hopeful that this issue gets cleared up. Anyway, here's my info again. I've changed ISPs since I last posted, but the problem still persists.

1) ISP: TDS Telecom
2) Location (State/Province): Florida
3) Modem make and model: Actiontec GT701C DSL Modem
4) Router make and model: Linksys WRT54GS
5) Approximate date issue was first noted: 11/20/2010
6) Approximate time of day latency occurs: 4:00pm - 11:00pm PST (7:00pm - 2:00am EST)
7) Any special factors for consideration: Nope.
8) Detailed description of issue: This started happening, for me, around the time patch 4.0.1 went live. Since then, my latency tends to spike (300ms up to 1000ms) during "peak hours" and will drop off to normal (80ms to 200ms) during midday and early morning. Dungeons and BGs seem to further agitate this issue.
9) Results of pathping to your realm server:
Tracing route to 206.16.119.5 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 Bradley-PC.domain_not_set.invalid [192.168.1.103]
1 192.168.1.1
2 192.168.0.1
3 h69-131-184-1.qncyfl.dsl.dynamic.tds.net [69.131.184.1]
4 qncyflhed11-lag1-51.network.tds.net [69.21.150.21]
5 mtjltndst51-tg0-7-5-0.network.tds.net [64.50.234.93]
6 chcgildtcor52-tg0-0-2-0.network.tds.net [64.50.224.233]
7 xe-10-1-0.edge4.Chicago3.Level3.net [4.53.98.5]
8 ae-1-51.edge4.Chicago2.Level3.net [4.69.138.135]
9 192.205.37.149
10 cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.81.22]
11 cr2.sl9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.2.22]
12 cr2.kc9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.28.89]
13 cr1.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.28.85]
14 cr1.phmaz.ip.att.net [12.122.28.182]
15 gar4.phmaz.ip.att.net [12.123.206.145]
16 12.122.255.106
17 mdf002c7613r0002-gig-12-1.phx1.attens.net [63.241.130.202]
18 * * *
Computing statistics for 425 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 Bradley-PC.domain_not_set.invalid [192.168.1.103]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 1ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.1.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 1ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.0.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
3 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% h69-131-184-1.qncyfl.dsl.dynamic.tds.net [69.131.184.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
4 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% qncyflhed11-lag1-51.network.tds.net [69.21.150.21]
0/ 100 = 0% |
5 29ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% mtjltndst51-tg0-7-5-0.network.tds.net [64.50.234.93]
0/ 100 = 0% |
6 65ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% chcgildtcor52-tg0-0-2-0.network.tds.net [64.50.224.233]
0/ 100 = 0% |
7 65ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% xe-10-1-0.edge4.Chicago3.Level3.net [4.53.98.5]
0/ 100 = 0% |
8 67ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae-1-51.edge4.Chicago2.Level3.net [4.69.138.135]
0/ 100 = 0% |
9 68ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.205.37.149
0/ 100 = 0% |
10 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.81.22]
0/ 100 = 0% |
11 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% cr2.sl9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.2.22]
0/ 100 = 0% |
12 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% cr2.kc9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.28.89]
0/ 100 = 0% |
13 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% cr1.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.28.85]
0/ 100 = 0% |
14 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% cr1.phmaz.ip.att.net [12.122.28.182]
0/ 100 = 0% |
15 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% gar4.phmaz.ip.att.net [12.123.206.145]
0/ 100 = 0% |
16 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 12.122.255.106
0/ 100 = 0% |
17 122ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% mdf002c7613r0002-gig-12-1.phx1.attens.net [63.241.130.202]

Trace complete.

EDIT: <Statement removed by author due to clarification from another poster.>
EDIT: I'm know I'm beating a dead horse here, but please tell me if my interpretation of the pathping is correct. To me, it looks as though everything is absolutely fine, as in 0% packet loss, up until I hit AT&T servers, in which I start seeing 100% packet loss. Am I wrong?

As BrianI has said many times, that's not packet loss... those servers block traceroutes and pathpings. All ICMP, really. It's to protect their network from denial of service attacks.

Well after having my ISP come out and check out my setup and finding nothing wrong, I am thinking that somehow Cata and my pc are not compatible. It's a new machine, W7/64/ATI. Does that sound reasonable? I've spent around $150 on fixes so far to no avail. But if you think the issue is with my pc then I may shell out for a new H/D and rebuild the OS.

I don't think he's saying it's your machine either, but I could be wrong. /shrug

It's quite possible for the issue to be between the two points, you know. Most latency issues are.
1) ISP: FASTWEB DSL
2) Location (State/Province): ITALY
4) Router make and model: NETGEAR WNR2000
5) Approximate date issue was first noted: 02/03/2011
8) Detailed description of issue: High latency (800-900 ms) Normally(170-220 ms)
9) Results of pathping to your realm server:

Tracing route to 199.107.25.37 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 PDR-PC [192.168.1.45]
1 192.168.1.1
2 * 10.75.16.1
3 10.1.230.58
4 10.251.173.201
5 10.251.168.27
6 10.251.169.1
7 93-41-213-66.ip83.fastwebnet.it [93.41.213.66]
8 93-41-144-116.ip81.fastwebnet.it [93.41.144.116]
9 93-41-197-219.ip83.fastwebnet.it [93.41.197.219]
10 93-41-206-218.ip83.fastwebnet.it [93.41.206.218]
11 93-41-183-210.ip82.fastwebnet.it [93.41.183.210]
12 89.97.200.66
13 89.97.200.209
14 89.97.200.29
15 ge-4-0-0.rom22.ip4.tinet.net [213.200.68.213]
16 xe-0-2-0.was10.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.185.114]
17 192.205.37.193
18 cr2.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.220.250]
19 cr2.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.3.37]
20 cr84.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.115.94]
21 gar20.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.130.237]
22 12-122-254-114.attens.net [12.122.254.114]
23 mdf001c7613r0003-gig-10-1.nyc3.attens.net [63.240.65.10]
24 * * *
Computing statistics for 575 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 PDR-PC [192.168.1.45]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 2ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.1.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 10.75.16.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
3 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 10.1.230.58
0/ 100 = 0% |
4 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 10.251.173.201
0/ 100 = 0% |
5 13ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 10.251.168.27
0/ 100 = 0% |
6 13ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 10.251.169.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
7 14ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 93-41-213-66.ip83.fastwebnet.it [93.41.213.66]
0/ 100 = 0% |
8 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 93-41-144-116.ip81.fastwebnet.it [93.41.144.116]
0/ 100 = 0% |
9 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 93-41-197-219.ip83.fastwebnet.it [93.41.197.219]
0/ 100 = 0% |
10 13ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 93-41-206-218.ip83.fastwebnet.it [93.41.206.218]
0/ 100 = 0% |
11 22ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 93-41-183-210.ip82.fastwebnet.it [93.41.183.210]
0/ 100 = 0% |
12 24ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 89.97.200.66
0/ 100 = 0% |
13 27ms 50/ 100 = 50% 50/ 100 = 50% 89.97.200.209
0/ 100 = 0% |
14 18ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 89.97.200.29
0/ 100 = 0% |
15 26ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ge-4-0-0.rom22.ip4.tinet.net [213.200.68.213]
0/ 100 = 0% |
16 143ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% xe-0-2-0.was10.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.185.114]
2/ 100 = 2% |
17 444ms 7/ 100 = 7% 5/ 100 = 5% 192.205.37.193
0/ 100 = 0% |
18 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% cr2.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.220.250]
0/ 100 = 0% |
19 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% cr2.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.3.37]
0/ 100 = 0% |
20 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% cr84.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.115.94]
0/ 100 = 0% |
21 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% gar20.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.130.237]
0/ 100 = 0% |
22 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% 12-122-254-114.attens.net [12.122.254.114]
0/ 100 = 0% |
23 435ms 2/ 100 = 2% 0/ 100 = 0% mdf001c7613r0003-gig-10-1.nyc3.attens.net [63.240.65.10]

Trace complete.
02/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zim
As BrianI has said many times, that's not packet loss... those servers block traceroutes and pathpings. All ICMP, really. It's to protect their network from denial of service attacks.
Thanks for the clarification. I must have missed his post on this.

What it means for the most part numerically Varenthas, is that those 100% losses you are seeing are due to the diagnostic pings themselves being denied. They are denied for privacy reasons, in order to prevent denial of service through which a server can be overloaded by using these tools. The data flow to and from WoW is being impacted for a multitude of reasons outside my scope of understanding.

I think the key part of the equation here for yourself, is that level3.net doesn't hand over the data properly with192.205.37.xxx along with other specific netblocks that have shown up. I've yet to understand the meaning in this, as when I try I get a headache as my time and experience are limited. In my case, it appears to be xo communications and how they confer data with 192.204.37.xxx. If I'm not wrong (which I probably am, because none of this is intuitive!), you could try to contact TDS, request to speak with a higher level technician, and ask them to discuss the matter with Level3 communications concerning hardware upgrades. I'm almost (almost!) glad for the issue, as it's been a real eye opener to myself in how the internet functions to communicate information in the information age. I'm trying to learn as I go along, and help out whoever I can, so if I'm not incorrect the Level3<->At&t backbone is where the issue is in your case.
Strangely enough, XO Communications was my last ISP before I moved and switched over to TDS Telecom. Seems I was unlucky enough to have both of them experiencing the same issues?

And, I hate to be a downer, but I highly doubt -I- will be capable of contacting a higher level technician and trying to get them to solve an issue for me that -I- don't even fully understand or could explain to them.

Simply put, I feel that I almost fall into line with many others on this issue. I know when WoW is working properly and I know when it is not. I've tried two different ISPs and neither have alleviated the issue. I know this sounds childish, but I'm unsubbing until I hear further notice that this problem is resolved. I've submitted my information and made my statement. That's all I can really do for now. Thanks for all the help.
Wouldn't moving the servers away from the saturated routers fix the problems?

Internet Service Provider and type of connection (Cable, DSL, Fiber-optic, etc): Cablevision. Cable.

State/Province (Country if outside of North America): Long Island New York, USA

When the problem started happening, approximately: When Cataclysm went live.

Realm: Doomhammer

What you were doing in-game when the disconnect occurred or latency started: I have noticed delay and lag on my abilities mainly inside of arenas, battlegrounds, and dungeons. I usually run with about 20 MS, and my latency does not visually go up on the Game Menu Latency Icon, but I feel like it does. My spells do not fire off as if I had 20 MS. Instead they fire off as if I have 500+ MS. Using the very handy addon, Quartz, I can track my latency much more efficiently then the use of the In Game Latency Icon. While in these instanced areas of World of Warcraft, I experience spikes while I cast my abilities ranging from 50 MS to 700 MS. My FPS is always at 60 as well.

This trace route was taken from inside an arena match.

Tracing route to us.logon.battle.net [12.129.206.130]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.240.186.25
2 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 167.206.32.66
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 12 ms 8 ms 7 ms rtr4-tg10-2.wan.hcvlny.cv.net [64.15.4.29]
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 58 ms 31 ms 31 ms ae-4-99.edge3.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.68.16.209]
8 53 ms 50 ms 16 ms 192.205.37.77
9 78 ms 76 ms 77 ms 12.122.81.126
10 78 ms 81 ms 78 ms cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.1.2]
11 78 ms 78 ms 81 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.2.53]
12 78 ms 78 ms 77 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
13 79 ms 79 ms 77 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
14 78 ms 77 ms 77 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
15 79 ms 79 ms 77 ms cr84.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.249]
16 82 ms 78 ms 77 ms gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25]
17 79 ms 77 ms 79 ms 12.122.255.74
18 78 ms 80 ms 77 ms 12.129.193.242
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * 12.129.211.34 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

Here are screenshots to prove how the latency in game is wrong, and how much worse latency is in arena as opposed to being in a major city. The latency I believe to be the correct latency is displayed on the end of the cast bar. You might have to zoom in to see it more clearly.

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/stormwindlatency.jpg/

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/arenalatency.jpg/

****PLEASE NOTE**** I have spoken to SEVERAL Blizzard Technicians and Cablevision (My ISP) Employees troubleshooting this situation. Every single troubleshoot session has gone nowhere, as we tried every test under the sun to fix this problem. I have spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what exactly is going on with your "instanced" areas, and there is no solution in sight. Here is a website that proves I am not alone in this, and MANY MANY PvPers in particular are experiencing the same exact issue as I am. I suggest you read this. Thanks. http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/120114-unusual-lag-in-arena/
All I can say as far as the "minor" changes made with Cata are concerned is my computer did not have this problem with WoW and since Cata this has been a daily issue at least 3 times out of the day. I have checked with my ISP several times and even the tech support for another MMO I play which has not had any issue with latency as WoW has since Cata came out. The only change that has occurred has been upgrading all four of my accounts to Cata and each has experienced the same issue. I am curious to know how much of a percent of the player base is having this problem. I was told by the WoW support rep I spoke with via Email that my ISP specifically had a ticket opened with WoW tech supports since this issue is affecting their customers in the Midwest and West Coast. That being the case, what is being done? I was told to monitor this forum for updates and thus far all I have read is how this issue is not Blizzard's fault and all the ISPs are to blame. I paraphrase, but that is the jist of the message I get from the posts. So, what are the paying customers of Blizzard supposed to do in the meantime?