LOL, guess who's coming dinner?

General Discussion
So I saw the MMO-Champs post of survival hunters going to be melee.
Here's the bly BALANCE MONGERING quote:

Not only do Survival Hunters use melee weapons instead of ranged weapons, they’re also now the only Hunters that make use of traps.

That folks is the dinner bell to BALANCE MONGERING.
That speaks of "To HELL with anything hunters ever wanted, our VANITY is more important".
I feel for you hunters.

But that all said, that's not the WHOM I am referring to, in coming to dinner.
I'm referring us mages.

I predict and HOPE-TO-GOD I am wrong about, that mages come Monday (tomorrow, 9 NOV 2015) are going to be summoned to sit at the BALANCE MONGERING banquet qith some kind of NON-DPS spec/role.

I do not mean, NON-Ranged-DPS, I mean some spec/twist that has NO dps to it; kind of like how hunters got a NON-Ranged-DPS twist/spec for survival.

Our spec/twist could be healing, maybe even more cc, perhaps more pet orientated cc, or how about, tricks, escapes, WHO KNOWS. Pfft, maybe it could be back to food and water givers! I really can't think of how they'd do it, but they always seem able to DISAPPOINT everyone. but they are BENT on having an eSport, and a pure dps class does not fit into that BALANCE MONGERED dream.

I'm sure the bly devs will say the twist is to follow some obscure LORE, that the game has always had, but just ABSOLUTELY no one has ever seen.

But before tomorrows dinner bells go off, go back and check out the "Create New Character" text for mages, which says the following:

- Role: Damage.
- Light Armor (Cloth)
- Deals Frost, Fire or Arcane magic damage.
- Can polymorph enemies or freeze them to the ground.
- Can teleport to cities and conjure food and water.
- Uses mana as a resource.

Mages are the iconic magic-users of Azeroth and learn their craft through intense research and study. They make up for their light armor with potent array of offensive and defensive spells. Their primary stat is Intellect.

Remember those words, of which I took the moment to EMBOLDEN and UNDERLINE the words "Can polymorph" for ease of reading. Let's all HOPE my prediction is WRONG.

EDIT!!!!!!

My prediction check list from the ACTUAL notes released on Monday, 9 NOV 2015, as seen on MMO-Champ:

=============================================
The changes we’re making are more to prop up existing gameplay for all skill levels and provide some quality-of-life improvements. As a simple example, Summon Refreshment now automatically provides you with a stack of food if you’re adventuring out on your own, or a table of refreshments when in a party or raid.
CHECK - NO-DPS

Mages of the arcane are diviners of secrets, balancing the ebb and flow of incredible mystic energies
CHECK - Some obscure LORE, that the game has always had, but just ABSOLUTELY no one has ever seen

Displacement
Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
For the next 4 sec, casting Blink will not trigger its cooldown
CHECK - NO-DPS

Another major change is the redesign of Combustion. It’s an incredibly complex skill, hard to understand for most people, and has the potential for either ridiculous success or critical failure, with the odds being extremely random and very hard to gauge much of the time.
CHECK - NO-DPS randomly sprinkled

Developer Comment:
You may not start a new streak (aka, gain Heating Up), while a Hot Streak is already active
It was never our intention for players to sit with a Hot Streak active, then keep fishing for another Heating Up before throwing instant Pyro out—in general, we don’t like the game telling you to press a button when you shouldn’t
CHECK - NO-MORE-DPS while HAVING-DPS

Mages who command frost perform chilling displays on the battlefield, rendering foes immobile
ROFLMAO - CHECK - NO-DPS but bet a copper the immobile mean the target can still turn 180 degrees

After removing the fire portion of the spell, it began to feel like just another Frostbolt, and we started to wonder how a spell supposedly combining frost and fire wasn’t just producing a puddle of water at the feet of the enemy. We’ve removed Frostfire Bolt and made Frozen Orb part of the core spell kit in its place, which better lends itself to the identity of the Frost Mage.
[b]CHECK - NO-DPS when we get frost spell locked

==============================================

Well fortunately, we did not get a Hunter-Like-Sadness-Spec, [b]THANK GOD.

The removal of FFB from frost is going to be missed. The bly devs must have just come back from bowling when they decided to replace it with frozen orb.
TLDR:

I'm afraid of mage changes being announced tomorrow, let's have dinner!
why havent you quit yet? all i've seen from you in the last 6 months is complaints and doomsaying. go away already.
11/08/2015 10:17 PMPosted by Ryathe
why havent you quit yet? all i've seen from you in the last 6 months is complaints and doomsaying. go away already.

He's a troll and has been at it for years. Just ignore him and hopefully he'll go away eventually.
You're awfully chatty for a vending machine.

Have some cakes ready for me, HB spam is hungry work.
this just in on the official web site

mages now when they cast conjure food do it 1 at a time and is now the only source of food in the entire game.

conjure food and conjure water are now separate spells again again and on 5 sec cd.

summon refreshment table has a 5 min cd and has a 2k gold reagent

mages get a buff to bandages and cloth drops to get more bandages to bandage allies that need to be bandaged in fights, though not as effective as real healers.

when casting bandages the mage gets a debuff where if hit during the bandaging they will be instantly k/o'd

PC and ROP play a huge roll, if you stand on a rop and bandage a pc, you will get a 5% buff to bandage heal and radiates the heal evenly withing 2 yds of the pc, Rop is on a 1 min cd and pc is on a 10 min cd, and are now borderline

all talents are removed for mages. they are trying something with mages just to give it that extra twist.

all mage spell mana costs have been in creased by 1000% just so you dont spend time casting and more time bandaging.

also a fix for blink has been implemented, however to give mages a another little extra twist, mages will always blink backwards 20 yards.

to help raid content be more challenging, mages will now be able to bandage bosses for a 2000% buff to the bandage heal in addition to the buffs already received to bandages, just for an additional extra twist help fulfill that extra fantasy of being a mage

Quote from the COUNTER WHINER Ryathe

Pffft, why haven't you put me on ignore yet? All I've seen from you in the last 6 month is COUNTER WHINEYISM. Put me on ignore already.

Quote from the COUNTER WHINER Mageski who himself can't press the IGNORE button on me
He's a troll and has been at it for years. Just ignore him and hopefully he'll go away eventually.

You are a FANBOI and have been for years. Just TRY to ignore me for which there is a button, but you know you will always and HOPELESSLY come back.
11/09/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Rapsody

mages now when they cast conjure food do it 1 at a time and is now the only source of food in the entire game.

conjure food and conjure water are now separate spells again again and on 5 sec cd.

mages get a buff to bandages and cloth drops to get more bandages to bandage allies that need to be bandaged in fights, though not as effective as real healers.

when casting bandages the mage gets a debuff where if hit during the bandaging they will be instantly k/o'd

PC and ROP play a huge roll, if you stand on a rop and bandage a pc, you will get a 5% buff to bandage heal and radiates the heal evenly withing 2 yds of the pc, Rop is on a 1 min cd and pc is on a 10 min cd, and are now borderline

all talents are removed for mages. they are trying something with mages just to give it that extra twist.

all mage spell mana costs have been in creased by 1000% just so you dont spend time casting and more time bandaging.

also a fix for blink has been implemented, however to give mages a another little extra twist, mages will always blink backwards 20 yards.

to help raid content be more challenging, mages will now be able to bandage bosses for a 2000% buff to the bandage heal in addition to the buffs already received to bandages, just for an additional extra twist help fulfill that extra fantasy of being a mage

This just in!!!!

The changes we’re making are more to prop up existing gameplay for all skill levels and provide some quality-of-life improvements. As a simple example, Summon Refreshment now automatically provides you with a stack of food if you’re adventuring out on your own, or a table of refreshments when in a party or raid.

Umm, except that is ACTUALLY real for us...

And is a good change, if not exactly earth shattering.

By the way, were you planning to acknowledge that your "prediction" of Mage getting a non-DPS spec turned out to be patently false? I suspect you were trying to be facetious, but it's hard to tell for sure.
11/09/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Rapsody

This just in!!!!

and refreshment table providing a stack is hardly ZOMFG NEW HEALING MAGE SPEC ZMOFG NEW TWIST GIMCK MAGE SPEC MELEE BOSS HEALER MELEE RANGE CASTER HEALER MAGE SPEC HEALER CASTER SPEC MAGE you were raging about
11/10/2015 08:18 AMPosted by Bonecold

By the way, were you planning to acknowledge that your "prediction" of Mage getting a non-DPS spec turned out to be patently false? I suspect you were trying to be facetious, but it's hard to tell for sure.

I am thankful to GOD that they did not do to mages as they did to hunters!
When I read the melee-only for hunters, I RAN to these forums with my prediction they'd do something similar to us.

THANK GOD they didn't.

Over all, their plans for mages in LEG is that mages get NERFED some more, due to mechanical changes at the least, like FFB being removed to go all PURE frost with frozen-orb.

It may not be much, but it follows bly's pattern, as with every xpac, mages come out HORRIBLE in the beginning, and its not until we the mages SCREAM bloody murder, that even something gets slightly fixed.
11/10/2015 10:43 AMPosted by Rapsody

and refreshment table providing a stack is hardly ZOMFG NEW HEALING MAGE SPEC ZMOFG NEW TWIST GIMCK MAGE SPEC MELEE BOSS HEALER MELEE RANGE CASTER HEALER MAGE SPEC HEALER CASTER SPEC MAGE you were raging about

LOL, remember my AMPLIFY MAGEMENT calls!
You know, my Mage Nurse Triage threads!

How did AMPLIFY MAGEMENT ultimately work out for us mages?
Oh yeah, that's right, they got RID of it!
And the moral of that story was, "It may not have been THE squeaky wheel, but its always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease"!!!
I love whoever sent this thread to General Discussion. More people need to experience a Noixi thread.
11/10/2015 09:20 PMPosted by Noixi
I am thankful to GOD that they did not do to mages as they did to hunters!
When I read the melee-only for hunters, I RAN to these forums with my prediction they'd do something similar to us

Well I don't play Hunter very much but I don't agree that this is some kind of apocalypse for them. It's not like they can't continue to play ranged if that's what they prefer. I am a little concerned about raid groups being too melee heavy what with the change to Survival and the addition of Demon Hunters, but my concern is based on raid mechanics, not on the relative power of melee versus ranged. In any case, it's a little early for "the sky is falling" posts.

Over all, their plans for mages in LEG is that mages get NERFED some more, due to mechanical changes at the least, like FFB being removed to go all PURE frost with frozen-orb.

Meh. FFB would have been better never to have been added to the game. Back when Fire Mages could use it, it was almost always strictly worse than Fireball unless the Fire Mage wanted to take up a glyph slot, which is kinda stupid when you think about it. Why use precious glyph real estate to essentially give me a spell that I already have by default?

And when FFB became Frost only, the only time a Frost mage would cast it was on Brain Freeze procs which is awfully similar to what Fire does with Hot Streak. The specs should have their own identities.

And yes, I know FFB was nice in PvP in case you get locked out of Frost, but that's too situational to justify keeping FFB if that's the only reason.

It may not be much, but it follows bly's pattern, as with every xpac, mages come out HORRIBLE in the beginning, and its not until we the mages SCREAM bloody murder, that even something gets slightly fixed.

I'm not going to argue with you here. Mages are and should be a pure DPS class, and I don't disagree when players say that what we give up in utility and durability isn't paid off by our damage output relative to other classes. It's frustrating that classes with much higher toughness and/or the ability to heal can out-DPS us with less effort. The relative (over)power of hybrid classes has been the elephant in the room with WoW for several expacs now. So, I hear what you are saying.

I don't know that forum diatribes do us much of a service, however.
11/10/2015 09:24 PMPosted by Noixi
11/10/2015 10:43 AMPosted by Rapsody

LOL, remember my AMPLIFY MAGEMENT calls!
You know, my Mage Nurse Triage threads!

How did AMPLIFY MAGEMENT ultimately work out for us mages?
Oh yeah, that's right, they got RID of it!
And the moral of that story was, "It may not have been THE squeaky wheel, but its always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease"!!!

so having 1 spell for 1 tier automatically means we are healers now? tell me more

and anyway, you were in a good guild, the healers would just call out when they needed and you pushed the button like a rallying cry, ZOMFG ZOMFG I HAS GOTZ TO HEALZERZ NOW ZOMFG
This guy is Gene Ray http://www.timecube.com crazy.
11/10/2015 10:21 PMPosted by Sarm
I love whoever sent this thread to General Discussion. More people need to experience a Noixi thread.

I'm gonna hazard a guess where he first posted this- Customer Service forum?

Your JEALOUSY is noted!
11/11/2015 04:15 PMPosted by Deatherknite

I'm gonna hazard a guess where he first posted this- Customer Service forum?

Customer service has been too busy handling End-Of-Subscription notices.