Just erase the faction borders already

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
I agree. we should mend fences, i mean we are in a peace treaty right now arnt we?
11/06/2015 02:25 PMPosted by Fortuna
11/06/2015 02:23 PMPosted by Aotabo
Draenei and Orcs were both corrupted by the Legion. They were both peaceful with each other prior to being influenced.

And that changes the fact that the draenei remember the orcs butchering their children for decades... how?

You mean the same way Eredar demons are responsible for the corruption of the orcs in the first place and partook in the War of the Ancients in the past? How Kil'jaeden manipulated the orcs into invading Azeroth and then when that failed, recreated Ner'zhul as the Lich King to scour the world of life?

If you get hung up on past sins, all you get is a never ending cycle of revenge, which is why so many current events are the Horde and Alliance striking and counter-striking over the past few years.
11/07/2015 12:54 PMPosted by Demontune
I agree. we should mend fences, i mean we are in a peace treaty right now arnt we?

We've been at peace since SoO really. No idea wtf Ashran was even about to be honest but that is really our only conflict point in all of WoD and it was thrown in haphazardly.
11/07/2015 12:43 PMPosted by Adundra
11/07/2015 11:57 AMPosted by Aotabo

I actually really liked RFO, I'm amazed to see someone actually mention it. I played it when Codemasters had it. Was a Cora Raceleader.

Gave RFO 7 years of my time, best MMO pvp ive ever experienced

It did lead to some great experiences and a lot of it had to do with the uniqueness of the 3 factions and the leaders those factions elected.
I'm all up for it, half the time in arenas I'm going up against alliance races so......Yeah, let me party with cows and orcs already.
11/06/2015 02:17 PMPosted by Reovil
But I like PvP.

;_;

We are mercenaries, since when did we need a faction war to kill each other?
I would just like to mail stuff to my alliance toons and vice versa. I could really care less about the faction stuff....
It'd be nice...

The issue though is working it around the questing content, which has a very heavy amount of quests concerning faction conflict because of the storyline they chose to do with Cataclysm. It would take a lot of work to undo all of that and they've gone on record saying they don't like doing too much with updating the old world.
No thanks.

I don't want to talk to Alliance.. ever..
There are going to be designated neutral areas where horde and alliance can be together and not have to kill each other I think
11/07/2015 12:54 PMPosted by Demontune

You also peace treat with I don't know the city you bomb into nothing?
Or druids school that was not part of the alliance you bomb.

Dark lady just working with him because both were getting rears kicked. Work together till legion then back at each other necks.

horde don't too much to be forgiven just like that.

Give the night elves their land back, give worgen their city back then we speak of peace.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
11/08/2015 07:26 AMPosted by Thorhammer
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

till that enemy is dead and your friend because the one you stab in the back.
Will worgen forgive the forsaken?
Will the orcs give up on that great source of wood? Or will the night elves let the orcs burn their sacred forests down?
Will the remaining humans of Lordaeron just forget about their homeland and leave it for the undead?
Will racist people in the alliance accept orcs, trolls, goblins, etc?
Will the orcs forget about concentrati- I MEAN, INTERNMENT camps?
How will the forsaken keep existing without murdering countless humans and ressing them as new undead?

It's not "half assed" faction conflict. It it pretty complex if you think about it.

I do think it would be cool to let we work together ON INSTANCED PVE ONLY, though.
11/08/2015 07:39 AMPosted by Leodok
Will the orcs give up on that great source of wood? Or will the night elves let the orcs burn their sacred forests down?
Will the remaining humans of Lordaeron just forget about their homeland and leave it for the undead?
How will the forsaken keep existing without murdering countless humans and ressing them as new undead?

It's not "half assed" faction conflict. It it pretty complex if you think about it.

I do think it would be cool to let we work together ON INSTANCED PVE ONLY, though.

I'm just going to bring this back up..

Cenarion factions, The Twilights Hammer, the Argent factions, the Defias Brotherhood, The Scryers, The Aldor, Knights of the Ebon Blade, The Earthen Ring..

They seem to do just fine with varying races from both sides and then some. The point is, I as a player haven't felt invested into the Alliance faction since Classic.

As a Dwarf I can't stand the Night Elves, they're a bunch of racist bigots and it would please me to remove that smug look off their faces.

Probably not. No one would ask them to, just tolerate them for the greater good.

Tyrande at the end of SoO:

Varian and I spoke at length about the price of peace before his decision here today. I am willing to allow the Horde the use of Azshara's lumber if they abandon Ashenvale for good. Knowing the way that goblins chew through resources, we will see how long that will sustain them.

I support this peace, but I do not share the High King's confidence. If the Horde breaks the treaty to engage us again... my people will be ready.

So yes, yes they would.

Probably. They could habitat the Western Plaguelands, maybe move into Gilneas with the Gilneans, or the Eastern Plaguelnds could be restored even more by this point and they can move into there, rebuild Stratholme.

No, but we need people to hire us mercenaries to keep fighting in battlegrounds and PvP areas.

You mean the only alternative to flat out killing them? Because it was literally the only option besides just letting them run wild and kill everyone.

Maybe they'll start a cult and people will willingly avoid death by becoming one of them or become enamored with undeath. Or there'll be other humans to fight who aren't Alliance. Or they find a way to prolong their undeath and stay nigh immortal. Or they don't, agreeing undeath sucks and that others should not share their curse, spending their last years in relative peace while fighting along side their fellow citizens of Azeroth instead of secretly wishing for all of their doom.

Either way, it'll take a while for them to get to that point.

Not really. It's forced to escalate because the writers are obsessed with tired, old ideas they call tradition, like focusing on 'Orcs and Humans' so much.

The war should either be big and bloody like MoP, and even worse than that.

Or it needs to be gone and PvP is just between mercenaries.

The in between is a joke.
Tired of fighting Stormwind's wars. Time for the Dwarves to do our own thing.

Oh and @ Keslanna - So.Much.Win. in your post. So much.

Not likely, but possible they'd be willing to tolerate them if the Forsaken actually tried to atone for what they've done to the Gilneans. Helping them repair their homeland would go a ways for that.

The Horde was already given Azshara (which the goblins mutilated to the point they probably didn't want it) in the name of peace. They don't need anything more. The Horde - and the orcs specifically - need to learn that the entire universe doesn't exist just for them.

They wouldn't need to if both sides learned to live with each other. The Forsaken and living remnants of Lordaeron could together there.

Any racist people on both sides will either have to learn to live with it or break ties with the faction their people are aligned with.

The orcs aren't innocent victims there. That was a result of them invading and trying to kill everyone in another world. It was better than they deserve. The only orcs that have any right to complain about that would be innocent ones born in them, and only if the older orcs didn't explain to them why their race were there in the first place. You don't get to go "Yeah, I tried to kill you and everyone you loved and knew, but HOW DARE YOU lock me up for it!?"

By not being pointlessly killed in a faction conflict that doesn't need to keep going on? Plus, why would they want to force others into the same curse as them? They should be wanting their "race" to die out. If, for some bizarre reason, they think being walking corpses with their souls improperly attached is a wonderful thing, they can always find people who are willing to be raised into undeath when they die.

A lot of it is pointlessly and stupidly forced to keep it going. One side will never be able to destroy the other for balance reasons so any "victories" are going to be hollow and either undone shortly after or never actually shown. The only remotely satisfying resolution to it is it ending in a sort of peace.
YES. Please do it. There is no reason to divide your entire playerbase in half. It's just stupid, and honestly, it always has been.

Factions can still matter for PVP even if we are able to talk and group with the alliance.
Are they even going to have battlegrounds in Legion?
I haven't heard anything.