Why are fully geared players at 1500 mmr?

Arenas
Kinda hard to gear now that bg queues are 50 minutes besides arenas

Edit: well the new season is soon anyways.. just annoying for now
80% of arena players are below 1500. nothing new really.
over 80% of them are from BR servers too
we need to put up the wall
11/13/2015 10:29 PMPosted by Wallofmexico
over 80% of them are from BR servers too
we need to put up the wall
Remove AV and IoC and queues are 5 minutes at most.
11/13/2015 10:08 PMPosted by Ashbur
Kinda hard to gear now that bg queues are 50 minutes besides arenas

Edit: well the new season is soon anyways.. just annoying for now

U mad cos we bad? Yeah, u mad cos we bad! :^D

Edit: Real talk though, I only play on weekends and have 0 interest in getting better at the game. So 1500 will remain my hood.
Because male blood elves need a bracket to play in.
I'm a fully geared Ele with 2200+ experience across 15 seasons and I'm sitting quite comfortably at 1650 in 2vs2 right now. Why? I'm Elemental, I play weird comps with RL friends (my Ele/Combat with an i660 rogue friend last week went surprisingly well actually) and I don't sweat the small stuff.

To be frank, no one really PvPs in this game anymore. Seriously. When we say "all-time low participation" we're not being hyperbolic. There is less than 1% of the rated players there were 3 years ago. The skill-floor is so mind-bogglingly raised right now. The players you're fighting at 1600 in 2vs2 have duelist, arena master, thousands of played arenas, voice communication software, focus modifiers, arena-target macros - the works. We like to talk about "baddies" and "rat-league garbage tier" players but in reality, the rat leagues of today are the top 1% of PvPers, historically. There's no bottom to the pyramid anymore, friend.
11/14/2015 07:33 AMPosted by Theblindone
There's no bottom to the pyramid anymore, friend.

Na dw im still here
cuz wod is hard
Tanking rating for easier caps.

Who wants to deal with survival/rdruid, hpal/mage, affliction/restro shammy every game at higher mmrs

Also it's 2s.

Why does it matters it's 2s.
I don't think they'te tanking rating when they tryhard the whole fight even after you kill their teammate, ppl that intentionally tank rating just leave when the gates open.
11/14/2015 08:16 AMPosted by Nazani

Why does it matters it's 2s.
I don't think they'te tanking rating when they tryhard the whole fight even after you kill their teammate, ppl that intentionally tank rating just leave when the gates open.

ya know i do get a really good laugh tho when you see 2 people q completely naked and run out and /dance