A Favor, WoW Players, If You Would...

General Discussion
Hey guys! Jasreha of Wyrmrest Accord, here, asking for a favor.

Some of you may recall early this year, I had a similar survey; however, the way it was carried out was incorrect, as I was informed by my Senior year math teacher. As an International Baccalaureate student, I have to write an essay in my math class. My chosen topic regards the relationship between hours on WoW and English ACT scores.

If you’d answer these two questions, that would be great!

To the best of your ability, please estimate the following:

Your highest English ACT score (1-36):
Hours spent per week on World of Warcraft:
ACT ? sorry don't know what that is, is that an american thing ?
I'm not here to help you do your homework.
11/15/2015 04:11 PMPosted by Jasreha
Your highest English ACT score (1-36)

I don't even know what that is.
@Somaliu, yep! Standardized test taken junior year of high school. Determines a lot of which colleges will accept you. English, Math, Science, and Reading portions.
I probably don't qualify because it wouldn't work with me, mostly because I took my ACT (got a score of 35, iirc) before WoW ever existed. I'm sorry, my hours played per week probably won't help you.
Looked it up it's like that SAT thing in the US just with a different name. Sorry never done one before being Canadian and even then if I had it was so long ago I would have forgotten the score. I did well in my 2nd year University English class though does that count (again years ago so can't remember what grade was but it was required for a Computer Science degree)
11/15/2015 04:18 PMPosted by Jasreha
@Somaliu, yep! Standardized test taken junior year of high school. Determines a lot of which colleges will accept you. English, Math, Science, and Reading portions.

So this really only applies to US players. Honestly I don't think there's a correlation and it'd be better to broaden it to any activity that you can spend a lot of time doing.

I feel like internet surfing is a pretty huge affect on bad grades more than anything else. I find I get lost in it a lot.
11/15/2015 04:20 PMPosted by Jakkhel
11/15/2015 04:18 PMPosted by Jasreha

So this really only applies to US players.

Pretty much, much like the person that said 'junior' year. What does that mean ? I know you Americans like to throw around junior, softmore etc. about High School but honestly I have never figured out what that means, when I was in High School it was grades 10-12 (where I live it's 9-12 now but then it was 10-12 and 9 was in Junior High)
11/15/2015 04:22 PMPosted by Somaliu
11/15/2015 04:20 PMPosted by Jakkhel
So this really only applies to US players.

Pretty much, much like the person that said 'junior' year. What does that mean ? I know you Americans like to throw around junior, softmore etc. about High School but honestly I have never figured out what that means, when I was in High School it was grades 10-12 (where I live it's 9-12 now but then it was 10-12 and 9 was in Junior High)

It's somewhat similar; 9th Grade is Freshman, 10th is Sophomore, 11th Junior, and 12th Senior.

It's not so much that I require data that states they're related; it's more of showing the IB graders that we understand the concepts of the math we're learning, and can apply it well in an essay - whether my data points to a relationship or not, it's the application of concepts and the analysis of the data that counts more toward the grade.
I graduated 31 years ago. I can't remember what my scores were except I scored in the top range. I read well above my level, and writing is not a problem for me, except I sometimes use too many commas.
I also don't keep track of how many hours a week I play wow. Some days I'm on a short time, some days I'm on longer it varies. Probably 15-20 hours a week. I usually end up reading the forums instead of playing.
Probably...30 someodd hours a week on Warcraft.

English score was 32
Reading Comp score was 35.

Just ignore that 14 for my math score >.> we're not going to talk about that.
Thank you Tsavis and Tzirak!
do the forums count as time spent in world of warcraft?
11/15/2015 04:55 PMPosted by Dinluya
do the forums count as time spent in world of warcraft?

Alas, it does not.
11/15/2015 04:11 PMPosted by Jasreha
Hey guys! Jasreha of Wyrmrest Accord

Oh, good lawd. You're almost as bad as the people at BlizzCon Q&As