worst current race/class combo

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Goblin Shaman.

The reasoning behind that one just seems incredibly flimsy to me, more so than anything else.
Goblin Shaman - Aren't Goblins polluting careless little things? Why are they in tune with the elements??
Tauren Paladin - Sunwalkers? That's a stretch
Tauren Priest - Tauren just are not a "Holy Light" kind of race
Worgen Druid - Worgen are just cursed humans so I don't get how they are druids. Can NElfs really just teach druidism and shapeshifting like that? Why would they not have taught anyone else then?
Dwarf Shaman - Same reason as Goblins...
Night Elf Mage - :(
Gnome Warriors, Tauren Paladins/Priests, Dwarf Shaman, Blood Elf Paladins, and Undead Priests. I'm kind of a jerk in my thinking that the Horde should probably have never gotten the Light.
Orc Everything, Tauren Everything, Troll Everything, Goblin Everything, Blood Elf Everything, Forsaken Everything.

Anything else is pretty much ok.
Undead Monk
Morgen Death Knight
Tauren Priest
Goblin Shaman
11/16/2015 08:24 AMPosted by Lokka
For me, it's non-pandaren monks.

Did you not hear Tom Chilton at the Blizzcon panel for Mists?

"You don't do gno monks unless you go gnome monk."

Hence why I have a level 29 Gnome Monk.
Probably the popular ones I'd find annoying. Pandaren monks, Blood Elf hunters etc.

"So, you created a Night Elf druid. How imaginative. :|" - Zolton Kulle
Goblin Shaman. I don't see how Azeroth's Ferengi have enough of an attunement to the elements to be a Shaman.

Gnome Warriors/DKs and Goblin Warriors/DKs. I'm sorry, but if you're only ankle high to an Ogre, you can't tank it. I still can't fathom why said ogre doesn't stop trying to hit them with a hammer and steps on them instead. Small races should not be in-your-face melee types. Rogues, yes. Warriors/DKs, no.

Female Blood Elf Warriors/Paladins/DKs. Same reason. Yes, I have them myself, but we're just too small and lithe and skinny to be allowed to wear plate. Males look beefy enough to do it, but not us.

Yah, I know, "magic" and "fantasy" and whatnot, but I don't see how my warrior even lifts her two axes, let alone swings them around with enough force to deal damage. I play her for the absurdity of it as much as anything else...and Arcane Torrent. At least my paladin uses two hands for her sword.

Worgen Druids. There's something about this combo that just seems off, or wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it, I understand the lore behind it, but still, the curse that makes Gilneans Worgen should interfere with the bond that allows them to be Druids somehow.
Human warrior. Bor-ing.
Cows as anything other than druid and warrior, goblins as anything other than merchants, gnomes as anything other than warriors and mage, female taurens and all worgens as anything.
Undead hunters with Canine pets.
meh blood elf warrior..if it had the old racials. oh right they didn't exist when that happened
11/16/2015 06:34 AMPosted by Dinluya
which of the current race/class combos feels the worst to you and why?

my vote goes to tauren paladins. that combo just never worked for me.

Bite me.

Wait don't.

I mean...

Moo.

Tauren just are not a "Holy Light" kind of race

No they aren't. But the fact that priests ingame use holy-type spells has no bearing on the fact that most races in lore have some kind of spiritual belief and spiritual leaders who embody and perpetuate those beliefs, and that those don't necessarily have to do with the Light in some cases. You're putting way too much stock in the ingame naming and spell effects I think. :v
11/16/2015 07:10 AMPosted by Blakebone
Undead monk is to me the biggest stretch.
This right here. Followed closely by Tauren paladin. But undead anything other then warrior, rogue, warlock and shadow priest just does not work at all. Few things in this game are more cartoonish than a zombie doing Kung-Fu.
Night Elf druids

I still have nightmares in PvP of some overpowered balanced druid coming out of stealth and doing backflips as I'm getting moonfire spammed to death.
Male and Female Night Elf Mages. Have you seen those atrocious casting animations?
I have trouble accepting Goblin Shamans. It just doesn't seem to fit.
11/16/2015 10:35 AMPosted by Crickey
Night Elf druids

I still have nightmares in PvP of some overpowered balanced druid coming out of stealth and doing backflips as I'm getting moonfire spammed to death.

Nobody backflips in this game. RIP my immersion.
11/16/2015 06:34 AMPosted by Dinluya
which of the current race/class combos feels the worst to you and why?

my vote goes to tauren paladins. that combo just never worked for me.

Now, now, friend. Let's not be hasty. We don't all have to gain our powers from the same source. In fact, the Draenei, Tauren, and Blood Knights all draw their holy power from beings of Light and purity, while Humans get theirs from random universal background radiation. If anything, we are the pure servants of Righteousness and Human Paladins are little more than glorified mages with a different colour palette.

As for combos I can't wrap my head around:

1. Goblin Priests. I understand Goblin Shaman. They have a business relationship with the spirits, and I doubt the spirits really care about humanoid morality. They're elemental forces, after all, not Naaru. They also probably couldn't care less that the other races that use Shamanism seem to revere them as something sacred. But Priests? You can't bargain with the light, and the light does not suit Goblins.

Monks. The Pandaren have developed their martial skill over millennia and built an entire culture around it, and the moment they appear, all the other races are like, "oh, yeah, I've seen a Jackie Chan movie! I can monk, too!" I think the fact that everyone gets to be a Monk is the reason I never really got into the class.
11/16/2015 06:45 AMPosted by Phlynch
Gnome Warriors and DKs

This man gets it. Gnomes shouldn't be allowed to be these classes AT ALL. Rogues, sure, plate-wearing melee? NO! At least Goblins have the physiology to stand up to a Human, Dwarf, or even Night Elf. But Gnomes? Short-armed, big-headed brainiacs? Not at all. They're so impaired in the reach department it's laughable to think they'd even so much as try to go toe to toe with anything in melee combat. Strike from the shadows or not at all. At least if you sneak up you'll actually be able to reach your target... Also they shouldn't be allowed to spec Survival.