BM Artifact Weapon Look/Lore

Hunter
We can all say that the BM Hunter artifact weapon is the most terrible, rushed, overlooked weapon in this expansion and we as the people that has to use this weapon for the entire expansion it just disappointing to me and i think i am not the only one who wants change.
Classes are given a choice on what they want on their character, being a staff, polearm, dagger ect ect but for hunters they use crossbows, bows and guns and the minority for most is the bow for its detail, size, and time put into the weapon that in World of Warcraft it is normal (Everything in wow is huge for example the shoulder sets). The other is the gun, some like it because ITS A GUN! some like it because people like simplicity on their back and small detail.
But this is an artifact we are talking about, huge legendary detailed big looking weapons that people hear stories about in time and i think that the gun that we are given is not going to be taken seriously by its look because in reality when we look at it. it looks like Warlords of Draenor weaponry and nothing like what the lore is saying about it, when we would imagine something in Ulduar we would imagine materials, metals and technology (like something titan like) being made but no i do not buy that gun being made by Mimiron at all.
Yes i know the weapon is in its first stage but even so i don't see the second stage on top of the first stage being even better knowing there is little effects, detail and time placed on gun to make it look like a legendary artifact so i am kind of disappointed on the decision to have a gun being the BM spec that some main on, some has to transmog over the legendary because of its look and some may spec over to play MM and lose hunter pets/relearn abilities because of the artifact and that is wrong.

On a side note the gun would make more sense if it was made for MM instead of BM because it would make more sense that MM would use guns in World of Warcraft. just saying. And this topic is for change or a way for the people who want to use bows and at the same time remain with your pet/abilities or maybe both bow and gun so they have the choice because lore wise it make sense to have a bow for a Beast mastery Hunter but at the same time there are people who use guns so hopefully there is a way for both because thats how Hunters roll.
I am surprised there is no racially themed versions of the gun honestly.

I mean Dwarven Hunters are known for using guns and I am sure Goblin hunters would be too. We have both BE and NE appearances for the bow, so it kind of dug at me honestly.

And to be honest here, I feel I know exactly why MM got the bow while BM got the gun. So that all of those fans of the Elven Archer theme could have that full feel. And yes, all of those legolas fans.
You're a pansy elf, you want a bow. I am a macho dwarf, I want a big freaking gun! Has nothing to do with spec...
Shoutout to Ironblood and Clan Battlehammer... One of the Most fun times I have ever had in a BG was with a Clan Battlehammer group in AV!
Even though I prefer bows, as I said in another thread awhile back at this point it's the lore that's bugging me more. We can always get more looks added in future patches, and even though it's a band aid, transmog is an option.

But while other classes and specs have amazing quest lines that fit their characters and specs... Beast masters have a quest line involving Mimiron? ..What?

The most primal hunter spec that feels most at home in the wilderness with their beast as their side, has a magical, titan-engineered weapon.

11/13/2015 03:44 PMPosted by Neiara
The most primal hunter spec that feels most at home in the wilderness with their beast as their side, has a magical, titan-engineered weapon.

I think Blizzard may need to redefine BM for a second time. If you looked up Beast Master on wowwiki, they are and were there own specialized class before World of Warcraft.

They were mostly Half-ogre/half-orc mercenaries that traveled with a beast companion(s), and were so attuned to fighting along side their beast, and in the same way as their beast that they would star growing fangs, claws, and fur.

Magni Bronzebeard apparently even once said that Rexxar was an Epic Beastmaster.

So either the spec may need renaming, or more clarification to make it sound less like the actual Beast MAster class.
I wish SV got the worst looking gun but got to stay at range. MM is losing their iconic pet they have had for 10 years and BM is upset because their weapon looks like garbage please try complaining about something that matters.
11/13/2015 03:59 PMPosted by Armyn
please try complaining about something that matters.

Why is it when every I roll a dwarf I never start off with a pony keg, and my character is not stuck in a constant stat of inebriation.
Blizzard needs to fix this or no dwarf I play is ever going to feel immersive to me.
I hate the look of all guns, I want bows!!!!!!! I will not use a gun!! Why should I be forced to just one type of weapon. We should be able to choose which artifact weapon we want to use for the Whole xpac.
Right now, my transmog blue quality gun look better than our weapon. Hell the eng gun from wrath look better than our weapon.
11/13/2015 05:49 PMPosted by Captnartemis
I hate the look of all guns, I want bows!!!!!!! I will not use a gun!! Why should I be forced to just one type of weapon. We should be able to choose which artifact weapon we want to use for the Whole xpac.

By order of the Council of Three Hammers, ye be banished from all dwarf lands! Cut yer beard and live wit yer shame!!
11/14/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Berkus
11/13/2015 05:49 PMPosted by Captnartemis

By order of the Council of Three Hammers, ye be banished from all dwarf lands! Cut yer beard and live wit yer shame!!

No sir!!!!
BOWS FTW!!!
11/13/2015 03:55 PMPosted by Maakillik
I think Blizzard may need to redefine BM for a second time. If you looked up Beast Master on wowwiki, they are and were there own specialized class before World of Warcraft.

They were mostly Half-ogre/half-orc mercenaries that traveled with a beast companion(s), and were so attuned to fighting along side their beast, and in the same way as their beast that they would star growing fangs, claws, and fur.

Magni Bronzebeard apparently even once said that Rexxar was an Epic Beastmaster.

So either the spec may need renaming, or more clarification to make it sound less like the actual Beast MAster class.

So how would you define Beastmasters? Not trying to provoke, just simply the class fantasy behind Beastmaster seems to fit fairly well. It is based around the wilds, being untamed (as your pets are less trained monkeys, more life long companions) Primal and wild.

The titan forged artifact seems to (lore wise) be something of a technological marvel. The combination of Magic and Technology (neither of which fit BM lore) into a giant fire spewing boom stick.

Would be like giving a druid an Ax. Sure, 2 handers can be used, so why not? Because Axes are woodsmans tools, used to kill and hurt the forest, thus Druids wouldnt touch them holding the natures in such high regard.
11/14/2015 11:44 PMPosted by Kairain

Would be like giving a druid an Ax. Sure, 2 handers can be used, so why not? Because Axes are woodsmans tools, used to kill and hurt the forest, thus Druids wouldnt touch them holding the natures in such high regard.

I see the point you're going for, but if we're coming from an RP viewpoint someone could just as easily say they play their Druid as a wild animal, a feral hunter that has nothing to do with hippy treehugging and is all about eating your face (or frying you with starchicken power). If you asked me why my BM hunter currently uses a gun I'd tie it to the fact I'm an engineer, and taking advantage of the best possible option doesn't in any way conflict with the bond I have with my animal companions. I don't have to wear leaves or sling a bow to be a Beast Master, I just have to train and fight with animals. I don't even have to fawn over them; I'm the alpha of the pack, and you're going to go where I say and attack what I tell you to because you're lower in the pecking order.

But in reality (and I think for most people) RP doesn't have a thing to do with it. I use a gun because I like the skin. If the artifact gun comes out looking cool I'll use it, until I see a gun or bow I like more and mog over that.

That said if you don't like gun for their appearance or their noise or even for roleplay, you won't like a gun artifact weapon. Which I why I'd say let both BM and MM chose one of the two designs, rather than pigeonholing people.
11/14/2015 11:44 PMPosted by Kairain
11/13/2015 03:55 PMPosted by Maakillik

So how would you define Beastmasters? Not trying to provoke, just simply the class fantasy behind Beastmaster seems to fit fairly well. It is based around the wilds, being untamed (as your pets are less trained monkeys, more life long companions) Primal and wild.

The titan forged artifact seems to (lore wise) be something of a technological marvel. The combination of Magic and Technology (neither of which fit BM lore) into a giant fire spewing boom stick.

Define a BM. Okay here, I'll give it a shot, but I'm not expert lore writer so please give me some slack on this.

The Beast Master Hunter always on the hunt with his trusty companion at his side. He stalks the woods bow or gun in hand, but even he knows that certain prey is more than him and his furry friend can take. Though the Beast Master has a profound bond with animals, allowing him to tame beasts that other hunters wouldn't dare, his true power come from learning the calls of the wild, summoning wild beast that help before running off.

Something like that:
Ranged fighter with pet
Able to tame exotic beasts
Is defined on his ability of knowing how to call wild beast to his aid, rather than every animal is his friend sorta thing.

That work?
11/15/2015 04:50 AMPosted by Maakillik
his true power come from learning the calls of the wild, summoning wild beast that help before running off.
That seems to be what they're going for. Does that seem cool to you?
11/15/2015 04:28 PMPosted by Chandrassa
11/15/2015 04:50 AMPosted by Maakillik
his true power come from learning the calls of the wild, summoning wild beast that help before running off.
That seems to be what they're going for. Does that seem cool to you?

Yes, compared to how hunters are now it's refreshing change of pace.
Compared to:

BM: Kill Command, Bestial Wrath, and all other abilities the same.
SV: Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, and all other abilities the same.
MM: whatever 2 unique abilities it has (I can't remember right now), and all other abilities the same.

It seems quite cool compared to that, besides a lot of other hunters do that too right now. Seeing as Dire Beast is a talent, and the only thing changing about it in Legion is it is now exclusively a core ability for BM and the cooldown and duration have been tweaked.
Wish it was a Crossbow or a bow, screw guns. Just hate guns, and now as a BM hunter, I'm stuck with this crap, instead of having a cool bow. balls to this weapon...
I like how every artifact complaint starts off with "the gun looks bad and makes no sense" then ends with "swap it to MM".

No. Nobody wants the garbage gun and it doesn't make any more sense for MM to have it.
11/16/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Yura
No. Nobody wants the garbage gun and it doesn't make any more sense for MM to have it.
I'd like the gun for MM.

Personally, I'm surprised by the number of people who seem to like "talonclaw" despite the fact that, well, a talon is a claw...