BeastMaster Hunters really hate that Gun.

Hunter
Prev 1 10 11 12 21 Next
Yeah I get the feeling a beastmaster would use a bow, you know hunting in the jungle etc, why would he have a gun?
11/22/2015 09:52 PMPosted by Aryalin
11/22/2015 09:43 PMPosted by Berronax
Am I really the only one who loves the idea of a gun as the BM weapon?
I feel like Beastmasters should have bows and marksman should have guns.

But that's just me.

11/22/2015 09:48 PMPosted by Saltedpork
MM should be gun. BM should be bow.

It's not just you.

They're not called sniper bows ... they're called sniper RIFLES. Isn't that what "marksmen" are supposed to be? Snipers?

Then again, the new "gun" sounds are more fitting for a pneumatic nailer than a real boom boom.
Why do people think our pets wouldn't get used to the sound of gunfire? Look at real life. Army dogs go right in there. Hunting dogs don't run away from gun shots. You train your beast to work WITH you. That means knowing to not get in your line of fire and to not run away from your weapon. You work together to kill your target.
11/25/2015 11:44 PMPosted by Tevisholypaw
11/25/2015 06:11 AMPosted by Lyánna

All gear, including weapons, is a very personal thing for most players.

I see no reason why all classes shouldn't be able to choose the model of weapon they'd like as their "artifact" path.... Hunters could choose from all Hunter weapons, Mages the same, etc..

But here we are again, with Blizzard telling us what we'll use. I really resent that - it's like saying, "You will only have fun THIS way."

CHOICE is always better.

Choice is also more expensive. They can't make the gui for every possible combination.

If that were true, we wouldn't have transmogging.
I have an easy way to fix it.

Make BM the melee spec, and give it the spear. Primal hunter with his ferocious beasts can hunt in a pack together.

Survival can have the gun, and get back to its roots as a classic hunter with traps, kiting, a pet, and other tricks and gadgets.
11/22/2015 09:38 PMPosted by Fargen
I know no one from Blizzard actually reads the class forums.. At least not the Hunter's forums.. If they did, they would notice that there is a pure hatred from the Beast Master Community for that gun.

This, do NOT force me to use a gun, make a bow available as it is more inline with the "fantasy" of every hunter with the exception of Dwarves and perhaps the new Gnomes and Goblins.
11/26/2015 12:05 AMPosted by Gentlebreeze
11/22/2015 09:52 PMPosted by Aryalin
...I feel like Beastmasters should have bows and marksman should have guns.

But that's just me.

It's not just you.

They're not called sniper bows ... they're called sniper RIFLES. Isn't that what "marksmen" are supposed to be? Snipers?

A marksman, or sharpshooter, is a person who is skilled in precision shooting, using projectile weapons. In modern warfare, a marksman is likely to be using a rifle - but the use of a rifle is not required to be a marksman. As early as the 9th century, the term was used as a name for archers, bowmen or palace guards.

Sniper rifles did not come into existence until the mid-1800's as rifles prior to this time were smooth bore weapons. Prior to this, a marksman would have made use of other ranged weapons to fire projectiles - most notably the bow or crossbow. While it seems awkward to use the term "sniper bow" - they do exist:

http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/bowtech/sniper/

There seems to be a profound misunderstanding of what it means to be a marksman - and there is a profound sense of "close mindedness" about what a spec is or what the fantasy driving it might be. I do not feel as if it is very likely that Blizzard will back-peddle and change the weaponry because some players were incapable of understanding how the weapon could be used in their chosen specializations.

If you dislike the gun, transmog it. There are a fair number of ranged weapons in the game - some of which look quite nice.
I don't "hate" the gun but I completely agree Beast Master should be BOW, and Marksman should be GUN.

Blizzard what were you smoking?
11/22/2015 09:44 PMPosted by Jacara
NO really, I'm not joking.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/muradin/Huntforever/simple
I have a belt also that spins, I haven't transmogged it today =D

heh this guys rims keep spinning when he stops.
11/22/2015 09:55 PMPosted by Boadicea
I agree that Marksmanship should be the gun and Beast Mastery (Sounds more primal!) should be the bow.

BUT at least it makes more sense than the shaman artifacts. Why they didn't just have the claws be the enhance artifact and Doomhammer be the ele one is beyond me.

^^ This right here. As for my shaman the wep was another reason to retire it. On top of the (so far) lack of attn. in Legion.

Id love to not have a gun for my BM hunter in legion but ive pretty much given up on expecting alot.

I really dont think the guys making these decisions even play the game.

Yeah - it just doesn't fit the beastmaster "fantasy". I don't "hate" it, I just don't understand why the developers reversed the weapons from what they logically should be - the arcane Titan gun for marksman, the ancient elven bow for beastmasters. The thinking perplexes me.
11/26/2015 12:31 AMPosted by Nairomi
11/26/2015 12:05 AMPosted by Gentlebreeze

It's not just you.

A marksman, or sharpshooter, is a person who is skilled in precision shooting, using projectile weapons. In modern warfare, a marksman is likely to be using a rifle - but the use of a rifle is not required to be a marksman. As early as the 9th century, the term was used as a name for archers, bowmen or palace guards.

Sniper rifles did not come into existence until the mid-1800's as rifles prior to this time were smooth bore weapons. Prior to this, a marksman would have made use of other ranged weapons to fire projectiles - most notably the bow or crossbow. While it seems awkward to use the term "sniper bow" - they do exist:

http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/bowtech/sniper/

There seems to be a profound misunderstanding of what it means to be a marksman - and there is a profound sense of "close mindedness" about what a spec is or what the fantasy driving it might be. I do not feel as if it is very likely that Blizzard will back-peddle and change the weaponry because some players were incapable of understanding how the weapon could be used in their chosen specializations.

If you dislike the gun, transmog it. There are a fair number of ranged weapons in the game - some of which look quite nice.

Whatever man. The spec is called marksman, not archery. Beastmaster fantasy doesn't accept guns, it ruins the flavor of the spec, while marksman accepts either the bow or the gun. I agree, people who don't like the gun can transmog it (and give up a huge chunk of the legion content), so any marksman who don't like the gun can transmog it.
11/22/2015 09:41 PMPosted by Jacara
I agree...my Hunter hates it...not enough spinning things lol, I try to have all my items spin that I can get.

John Cena? Is that you?
Still have trouble believing a beastmaster would pick the loudest, most obnoxious weapon. Likewise, Marksman is named marksman. It isn't named archery.

You do realize the term marksman, one who shoots at the mark originated with archery? As to a hunter using a gun with trained pets.. Ever heard the term gundog??
11/26/2015 09:10 AMPosted by Rizlet

Yeah - it just doesn't fit the beastmaster "fantasy". I don't "hate" it, I just don't understand why the developers reversed the weapons from what they logically should be - the arcane Titan gun for marksman, the ancient elven bow for beastmasters. The thinking perplexes me.

But elves are known for being rangers, not beast tamers. Sylvanas is a Dark Ranger. We are getting a talent that reflects that. So, it makes way more sense for MM to get a ranger bow.
11/22/2015 09:48 PMPosted by Saltedpork
I hate it. You can thankfully t-mog it. So no worries.

MM should be gun. BM should be bow.

Cannot agree with this any more strongly.

Will be transmogging this ASAP on my hunter.
Does ANYONE like the gun? I mean it's a gun made by a Titan Watcher in Ulduar, yet it looks NOTHING like the aesthetics in Ulduar. It looks like a blue engineering crafted gun... it's just not passable compared to all the other artifacts.
I don't hate it. In fact, I really like it! ^.^
Please don't shove that gun on MM. Give BM or MM a Crossbow, and the other a Bow.
I must be odd. For years I had bows, but about 2 years ago I switched to guns on my hunter. I think it's a completely personal thing. I don't believe any one spec is inherently for a bow or a gun.

It's simple, if you don't like a gun, don't use it. Use a bow instead.