BeastMaster Hunters really hate that Gun.

Hunter
Prev 1 11 12 13 21 Next
11/26/2015 10:33 AMPosted by Azivalla
But elves are known for being rangers, not beast tamers. Sylvanas is a Dark Ranger. We are getting a talent that reflects that. So, it makes way more sense for MM to get a ranger bow.

They should allow for that be giving us the choice of weapon. The statue of Alleria outside Stormwind has a pet, a falcon, so she at least had some affinity for them.

I don't think it makes any sense at all for living classes to be dark ranger's. Great for undead though. Let's bend an entire spec for one race.

If they wanted that, it should have been a hero class. I would have been all over that.

I can't see any way that this toon would be happy, or comfortable with an undead minion... But that's one of the proposed MM additions. Again, great for undead, who I have always had a hard time believing a pet would follow.

And knowing Blizzard, it probably will far and away be the best talent choice for dps...
Forced to use guns on BM. It is apparent that the dev's are still on a power rush forcing players to play the game the way the dev's want and not the way the players want. BM hunter would normally use a bow.

Also, do you really want the PR image of forcing guns on women and children?
I'm going to get hate for this, but straight up - BM should have been the melee spec. I really like that Blizzard mixed things up by adding actual spec flavour as opposed to being different shades of the same hunter spec, but literally every part of the new SV spec makes me wonder why it wasn't BM that got the melee treatment. Melee in tandem with a pet implies a far greater familiarity with your pets than BM delivers on, and trap-focused gameplay absolutely makes more sense with a ranged weapon - If you're going to the trouble of trying to ensnare your prey, why risk getting up close and personal with something that's going to be fighting tooth and nail?

I know it's too late to change it in all likelihood, but come on. This feels like a huge missed oppourtunity.

11/26/2015 11:52 AMPosted by Celindas
Forced to use guns on BM. It is apparent that the dev's are still on a power rush forcing players to play the game the way the dev's want and not the way the players want. BM hunter would normally use a bow.

Edit because this was posted while I was writing mine: You're joking, right? I don't necessarily like guns as the spec, but we are unquestionably the most spoiled class on this one, since all our weapons mog to each other without restrictions. I'd take the Windrunner bow, but at the end of the day I'm just as likely to keep using Avalanche or something, so talking about it like a power trip is a bit unfair.
I'm personally upset that we are stuck with a gun, but I'll just transmog it. I just wish Blizzard didn't push us into that position. A lot of people will really enjoy artifact weapons... And we're stuck with a boomstick.

Edit: Trying to stay positive, it means we can spend less time trying to find skins for our weapon, and more time trying to gear, since none of the gun skins look that great.
11/26/2015 12:07 PMPosted by Veanna
I'm personally upset that we are stuck with a gun, but I'll just transmog it. I just wish Blizzard didn't push us into that position. A lot of people will really enjoy artifact weapons... And we're stuck with a boomstick.

I feel pretty terrible for Frost DKs. 2H was such a fun part of the class identity, and while duals are cool, it doesn't have the same sort of face-smashing warrior of the undead feel to it.
Just for the record, this me (I have 4 level 100 BM hunters, 2 Horde and 2 Alliance) is going to become a Gnome (for the engineering enhancement) when Legion launches, and my other Alliance hunter (Worgen) will become the panda. My hunters will all remain BM, and they will all use bows. No guns. Ever. Not even for the Gnome.

I can't stand the guns in game. So, all of my hunters will be using transmog. I would hope there would be some new weapon skins overall in Legion, but as there will be no other new weapons in Legion aside from the artifacts, I don't see it happening. Sad I have to transmog the artifact, but that's just going to have to be the way for me with no other option in sight.

If I wanted to be an MM hunter, then there wouldn't be a problem for Legion, I suppose. But I love my ranged hunters and I love my pets, and I love the bows, and I adore Gnomes, too. So, that's that.
I will be staying BM as well and transmogging to a bow.
As a Dwarf Hunter, I think it's perfect
surv should've been the trapper/gadget/mech spec with a gun

bm should've been melee

mm keeps the bow
11/24/2015 02:58 PMPosted by Genericdwarf
11/24/2015 02:39 PMPosted by Tailari
Personal preference and all, but I quite like the gun. Especially the red version with the sniper scope.

Sniper scope.
SNIPER

Oh I agree that the gun makes more sense for MM and the bow makes more sense for BM, but people are saying the gun is ugly. That's what I personally disagree with. I think it looks good, but it has been given to the wrong spec.
Oh what a bunch whiners ye BM hunters be... Ye get to keep yer pets and attack at range.. Better than can be said o' the rest o' us!

Quit making yer petty and false claims to justify yer love fer pansy elf bows!

Ta word marksman were used first fer archers in primitiver days afore the dwarfs invented guns!

They call 'em gundogs fer a reason!

What do ye think is more painful fer yer beloved pets? Tortured with loud bangs or taking dragonfire ta them purty faces?

So quit yer bellyachin' an' stand ye up to proudly proclaim yer love fer them pansy elf bows! We won't judge ye..

I was going to tmog tha pansy elf bow inta a wonderful gun that goes boom! If ye don' stop yer cryin' I will keep it just ta taunt ye while me dances on tables in ta hunter hall!!
That gun looks like i took a poop and that was the result of it.
11/26/2015 11:52 AMPosted by Celindas

Oh my friggen god.

I hate this discussion with a fiery passion now if THIS is where it is heading now.
11/22/2015 09:38 PMPosted by Fargen
I know no one from Blizzard actually reads the class forums.. At least not the Hunter's forums.. If they did, they would notice that there is a pure hatred from the Beast Master Community for that gun.

Please find a way to fix it. That gun is unbearable. Dwarfs used guns for their racial, no one else really did.

I hate the gun. If they leave the implementation in it's current state (i.e. no bow for Beastmasters) I'm using a transmog bow for another whole expansion.

Again.
11/26/2015 12:08 PMPosted by Kelfar
11/26/2015 12:07 PMPosted by Veanna

I feel pretty terrible for Frost DKs. 2H was such a fun part of the class identity, and while duals are cool, it doesn't have the same sort of face-smashing warrior of the undead feel to it.

Yeah, I always thought dual wielding death knights looked stupid. 2h all the way.
So many wrists flapping in here ya think more in the thread would have flight for Draenor already.
Whatever man. The spec is called marksman, not archery.

A marksman, or sharpshooter, is a person who is skilled in precision shooting, using projectile weapons. The spec could be called marksmanship if a bow, crossbow, rifle, slingshot, pistol or any other ranged weapon.

Beastmaster fantasy doesn't accept guns, it ruins the flavor of the spec...

(My personal vision of) Beastmaster fantasy doesn't accept guns, it ruins the flavor of the spec (for me).

FTFY.

I agree, people who don't like the gun can transmog it (and give up a huge chunk of the legion content)

In WHAT way? You lose graphical effects. The artifact system would still work with your transmogrified weapon.

…any marksman who don't like the gun can transmog it.

Here is the takeaway from the discussion:

1. If it were a bow, people would have complained.
2. If it were a gun, people would have complained.

In a lose-lose zero-sum game, it doesn't matter which choice you make when the outcome is the same.
11/22/2015 09:38 PMPosted by Fargen
I know no one from Blizzard actually reads the class forums.. At least not the Hunter's forums.. If they did, they would notice that there is a pure hatred from the Beast Master Community for that gun.

Please find a way to fix it. That gun is unbearable. Dwarfs used guns for their racial, no one else really did.

Please give BM and MM the option to choose between the gun and the bow.

I hate using guns on my night elf hunter.
The gun is fine tbh
11/26/2015 04:46 PMPosted by Nairomi
In WHAT way? You lose graphical effects. The artifact system would still work with your transmogrified weapon.

The effects are a huge part of the artifact content, probably accounting for half based on what they showed at the Blizzcon panel. There is a whole page of unlocks. Those unlocks represent quests and rewards. This is a huge part of what we are getting.

So yeah the cheesy stacking buff, which is what it amounts too, and the tier- like bonus will still work, but none of the rest of it.

There won't be any weapon drops, this is it.

It's too much content to just give up on cause I hate the gun. I can't see how anyone can justify the work they are doing to just throw it away.

That's why it needs to change. Make it a choice, modify what little lore there is, and let hunter's pick gun or bow.