BoA ring missions..

General Discussion
isn't it great fun when RNG has complete control over whether you succeed or fail?
Lol that sucks because I got both of my legendary rings with a 75% completion chance on my DK and my Mage. Sucks to be you!
At least you've seen it. 5 max level garrisons. Zero ring.
12/04/2015 10:44 AMPosted by Exorrt

I know your name is supposed to be Honor Kill, but I can't stop reading it as Hank Hill

oh god.. i see it now too.. ima have to name change now.
12/04/2015 10:33 AMPosted by Rixna
I messed up. The last ring mission I needed popped on my alt and I accidentally accepted it.

If she succeeds, the achievement becomes impossible for my account to complete. I'm hoping mine fails.

Wait a minute. What do you mean it becomes impossible? Don't the missions keep coming? I already have like 4 of the pets and 2 of the mounts.
12/04/2015 10:05 AMPosted by Hkill
just wanted to rant a little..
so this morning i get on game and notice i have a mission to get a BoA ring. man was i happy.. so i do everything i can to get the mission to 98%.
thinking it would be enough i start it .
these missions have a 2 day run time no way i can wait that long to get my new boa so i use a Mission completion orders... to my surprise and horror the mission FAILED!.. from a high to a lowest of lows in a instant... mission gone.. no ring.. so sad. very sad..

I guess you helped make up for me, I didn't care if I got the ring or not so I sent at 76% or somewhere around there and I got one.
12/04/2015 10:27 AMPosted by Duckypoo
At least you got the quest.

/quack

Still waiting.
The missions only pop up if you have an active ship with the ghostly spyglass equipped, you know that right?

I had the spyglass unlocked for 2 months. No missions.
I decided to equip it on a ship on a few alts.

Got all rings in under 2 weeks.
I messed up. The last ring mission I needed popped on my alt and I accidentally accepted it.

If she succeeds, the achievement becomes impossible for my account to complete. I'm hoping mine fails.

Ya - I'm in the same... boat.
Did you have a sinking feeling it was going to happen?
12/04/2015 11:07 AMPosted by Galateacyc

Wait a minute. What do you mean it becomes impossible? Don't the missions keep coming? I already have like 4 of the pets and 2 of the mounts.

The ring ones apparently won't respawn on any toon once you've gotten it. So if you do 2 on one toon and the third on another, all your toons are screwed for ever getting the achievement unless Blizz makes it account wide.
12/04/2015 11:14 AMPosted by Mystgun
The missions only pop up if you have an active ship with the ghostly spyglass equipped, you know that right?

I've had two missions pop up and I don't have a ship equipped with the ghostly spyglass. Although I've heard just earning it once but not equipping it is good enough to get the missions.
That sucks, sorry.. hope the mission pops up again soon & you will get it next time.

Agility ring : 92% - FAILED

Strength ring : 94% - success

Intellect ring : still waiting for the mission to pop up

Ouch.

Makes me glad I only have one character doing shipyard.

Which achievement?

Do they not appear once you have them? Because I can't make left shark go away.
My theory is that 98% chance missions will fail if you really need it to succeed. My trick is try to look that I don't care for the result. The game can smell fear.