N/H/M Difficulties should all give Valor.

General Discussion
This shouldn't even really be a conversation still, but irony.

There is no reason they should not.

LFR should just be a reason to go grab more Valor than you have already got.
It's a good way to force raiders into helping to make LFR go faster ^_^
12/04/2015 01:02 AMPosted by Valshaw

The extra Valor in general players will still want to max their gear will still leave an initiative to get in and clear it faster as well.

Also, when you don't get loot after let's say a progression heroic/Myth fight that was pretty intense or something for your guild, it's at least something to see Valor achieved from at least killing it.
I agree with this. I do LFRs myself, but Valor should be available for all difficulties.
I've spent less then 2 weeks on that valor crap and have every single piece of my gear fully upgraded, and by now just doing the weekly quest + daily heroic gives enough valor for any upgrades i get. maybe do an occasional mythic dungeon.
Overall however... its already easy enough to get valor, we dont need any more sources.
I think doing LFR for valor and my ring has made me worse at progression raiding. I'm more reckless and I think other members of my guild are too. It would be nice if they rewarded it once per boss per week on any difficulty or something similar.

Actually, not really. From what I've seen, people did it for the 1st week. Maybe the 2nd. But most would prefer to just not commit time to LFR, and have since stopped bothering with it.
Blizzard had a very good reason for not putting valour in raids. Normal, heroic and mythic raiding are running very healthily and cleared/utilised by all raiding guilds. Valour points are designed to make people do content that is otherwise under utilised or not running well due to lack of incentive for skilled players. It definitely did the trick for LFR in the first 2 weeks, as well as heroic and mythic dungeons so far (so many speed random heroic dungeons and mythics attract tons of geared people now). Even the 500 valour is attractive to raiders who don't pvp, enough to incentivise them to dip their toes into arena and bgs. Why put valour in content already being done? You already got tier and strong trinkets and well itemised gear there, so they want to divert you to other content.
12/04/2015 02:18 AMPosted by Blmorph
Blizzard had a very good reason for not putting valour in raids. Normal, heroic and mythic raiding are running very healthily and cleared/utilised by all raiding guilds. Valour points are designed to make people do content that is otherwise under utilised or not running well due to lack of incentive for skilled players. It definitely did the trick for LFR in the first 2 weeks, as well as heroic and mythic dungeons so far (so many speed random heroic dungeons and mythics attract tons of geared people now). Even the 500 valour is attractive to raiders who don't pvp, enough to incentivise them to dip their toes into arena and bgs. Why put valour in content already being done? You already got tier and strong trinkets and well itemised gear there, so they want to divert you to other content.

Not really since LFR players don't have to change anything they are doing to get valor and won't be changing up their activities or doing the pvp. It serves the purpose of passively nerfing the content and being able to further your character. I don't think the idea is to get you to do things you don't want to do or wouldn't do.
12/04/2015 01:43 AMPosted by Lynea

Actually, not really. From what I've seen, people did it for the 1st week. Maybe the 2nd. But most would prefer to just not commit time to LFR, and have since stopped bothering with it.

The same 2 weeks that people were running LFR with their freshly boosted 100's they paid Blizzard for, but didn't know how to play. So Blizzard coerced raiders into LFR for a couple weeks to carry them through.
The horse is dead, it's over. No use talking about it anymore. Raiders don't run LFR anymore. It's fine now.
12/04/2015 04:30 AMPosted by Clalina
The horse is dead, it's over. No use talking about it anymore. Raiders don't run LFR anymore. It's fine now.

That's besides the point. It is not fine.
12/04/2015 04:35 AMPosted by Lynea
12/04/2015 04:30 AMPosted by Clalina

Not fine what? It's over. I was against it. I argued with a lot of people about it. But I still ran it twice to upgrade my gears. I don't have to do it anymore. Once you realize it's a trivial problem in a video game you will enjoy life more.
I got everything upgraded already and can spam m Dungeons for a couple of weeks to have a bunch of valor int he bank. Is what it is at this point.
12/04/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Clalina
Not fine what? It's over. I was against it. I argued with a lot of people about it. But I still ran it twice to upgrade my gears. I don't have to do it anymore. Once you realize it's a trivial problem in a video game you will enjoy life more.

Pretty much.

Being "forced" to run LFR for Valor was a two (maybe 3) week "problem".

Which is actually one of the main reasons that they should have put valor in Normal+ because any "advantage" of having it LFR only was going to last less than a month.
N/H/M already has lots of rewards. Lots and lots and lots. It doesn't need more.
12/04/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Clalina
12/04/2015 04:35 AMPosted by Lynea

Everything in a video game is trivial, if you want to use that argument.

You're not against it because it isn't a problem for you anymore. That doesn't make it anymore fair than what it was during the first week. You do realize the issue is bigger than just you, right?
The reason they put it in LFR over normal+ is they want both the Queues and the speed of LFR to go faster for everyone, this allows more of the playerbase to get their legendary rings and gear up so they can do higher content more frequently. They know higher tiered players aren't going to help out the rest of the playerbase out of the goodness of their hearts, so they lay down an incentive to get you to want to run LFR, even if it is a selfish reason it helps move things indirectly.

If they put it in normal+ then the queue lines and the speed of the LFR would either remain the same or go slower as the months go on. When the majority of their players fall into this category, that doesn't bode well in the long run.
12/04/2015 01:43 AMPosted by Lynea

this is true. i don't even bother gearing my alts through lfr anymore
It seems like Blizzard may have wanted to increase activity in dungeons/LFR maybe, but maybe they wanted Valor/Gear Upgrade brought back as another way for anyone below Heroic/Mythic Raiding to up their gear to be closer to them. Bad idea though since Heroic/Mythic geared people would not only be able to get these upgrades too but have the easiest time getting them.