Forum Signatures?

General Discussion
I don't suppose there a way to do this in a setting or it would have been done a lot more.

Is there an add-on or something? I mean, I see like, Blues have signatures.

Devoid of an add-on, I programed a key on my Naga to type a consistent signature of sorts. To use to identify myself beyond my characters, as I like to change my posting character now and then and don't want to come off as one who is playing alts in the forums. But if there's an easier and visually more appealing way I'd love to hear about it.

I would never do that, but some people around here literally think they are the official forum police.
12/06/2015 02:14 PMPosted by Alzado
Don't do it. It is technically actionable by mods. Us normal folks aren't supposed to have them.

I would never do that, but some people around here literally think they are the official forum police.

So making an HTML string would be bad then.
12/06/2015 02:14 PMPosted by Alzado
It is technically actionable by mods.

I haven't heard that.

I know a bunch of people who use an addon to fill one in. I just don't see the point. I do miss my forum signature though. So I can see the appeal.
12/06/2015 02:17 PMPosted by Crepe

I know a bunch of people who use an addon to fill one in. I just don't see the point. I do miss my forum signature though. So I can see the appeal.

Don't suppose I could get that add-on's name? A font change would be sweet!

12/06/2015 02:21 PMPosted by Equess
Don't suppose I could get that add-on's name?

It's a browser addon and I'm not sure if it's public. It was created by one of the Tech Support MVPs. From what I understand it's Firefox and Chrome with some workarounds available for Safari.
We had signatures on the pre-Cata forums. When they were remade, we lost them. :(
12/06/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Killercaitie
We had signatures on the pre-Cata forums. When they were remade, we lost them. :(

Because buttheads abused them.
There is a little programme called Taglinator that may suit your needs. It sits on the tray. You mouse over it and it copies a random tagline to your buffer. You just then paste it into your message. I've used it for years.

You can also configure it so it has a static message as well, or a combination of both.

Pearls of Wisdom - The trouble with a kitten is that eventually it's a cat.

^ See? Like that.

Pearls of Wisdom - Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Pearls of Wisdom - Totalitarianism doesn't need armies. It only needs to control a couple of things – the media, and the ability to dispense privilege to some, and to withhold it from others. Of course, a weak and divided people helps. - The last President of the United States (Amerika)

Pearls of Wisdom - 90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.
12/06/2015 02:41 PMPosted by Raelyssa

I just made bad jokes in mine. Not offensive-bad, just cringeworthy. It was my experiment to see if I could spread DoTs via the forums.

Given the number of /groan replies I would receive, I think I was successful!
Turns out, there actually IS an addon for Firefox that will allow you to put a sig in a message. Just right click in the message box, and Inset Signature from the menu. Sig can be random or one you select or a default one.

I can't recall what the addon is called, but just search for "signature" and will be there. It's on the bottom of the list.
12/06/2015 02:41 PMPosted by Raelyssa

Punish the buttheads? NONSENSE! PUNISH EVERYONE!