Purge of Dalaran Retconned

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
12/08/2015 05:45 AMPosted by Reignac
Right? I didn't like the Purge and Dalaran stopping its neutrality, but once Blizzard made the decision to do it they should have stuck with it.

I liked the Purge since it's the single moment that the Alliance has had since Cataclysm where it felt like we were finally getting back at the Horde (in some small way) for everything up until then. And the fact that they're backtracking on it so much is what pisses me off. But I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised.
But it..didn't make any sense in that regard.

The Blood Elves never did anything to the Alliance in Cata, that I remember. In fact, the only thing they really DID do was WORK with the Alliance, i.e Vereesa.
12/08/2015 06:02 AMPosted by Ozilia
I liked the Purge since it's the single moment that the Alliance has had since Cataclysm where it felt like we were finally getting back at the Horde (in some small way) for everything up until then. And the fact that they're backtracking on it so much is what pisses me off. But I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised.

I understand that you feel that, but I personally felt like the Purge was a failure for both factions. While it never would have happened due to gameplay, the Sin'dorei were in talks to re-join the Alliance and the whole Purge ruined any chance of that happening. You'd have basically had the Forsaken between two Alliance kingdoms, and would have been able to crush them.
I didn't like it because I hate both factions. The less races and groups are consumed by red and blue, and the more they're allowed to go off on their own, the better.

So I like that Dalaran is neutral again, but I don't like that Blizzard did a complete 180. They should have stuck to their guns and kept it Alliance after making the choice back in MoP.
I don't get what's not to understand?

Jaina left Dalaran and Khadgar is in the big chair now, making Dalaran neutral again since Khadgar just seems to love everyone because he might just be a tiny bit insane.
12/08/2015 06:19 AMPosted by Neutralwalu
But it..didn't make any sense in that regard.

The Blood Elves never did anything to the Alliance in Cata, that I remember. In fact, the only thing they really DID do was WORK with the Alliance, i.e Vereesa.

There's at least two instances I can think of where Blood Elves got involved in the faction war in some regard. There was that one questline in Azshara where a Blood Elf helped you kill Night Elf Mage students and another one in Desolace where a vengeful Blood Elf had you summon a tornado that destroyed Nijel's Point.
12/08/2015 08:25 AMPosted by Rivak

Jaina left Dalaran and Khadgar is in the big chair now, making Dalaran neutral again since Khadgar just seems to love everyone because he might just be a tiny bit insane.

So you wouldnt mind if one of the other candidates for president won the election but was immediately replaced with someon who never ran in the first place? It also makes the one gain we got out of pandaria completely null for the sake of sharing our lore with the people who want us dead.
12/08/2015 08:34 AMPosted by Faendel
So you wouldnt mind if one of the other candidates for president won the election but was immediately replaced with someon who never ran in the first place?

Well....

I'm an Australian, and that actually has happened here. Twice. In the past four years.

But I digress.

The Council of Six handle the election- it was Khadgar who fist put Jaina up as the position. The Council of Six must've voted Khadgar as the new leader. The rest of Dalaran don't get a say.
12/08/2015 08:34 AMPosted by Faendel
12/08/2015 08:25 AMPosted by Rivak

So you wouldnt mind if one of the other candidates for president won the election but was immediately replaced with someon who never ran in the first place? It also makes the one gain we got out of pandaria completely null for the sake of sharing our lore with the people who want us dead.

Anyone outside the Council of 6 get no say in who leads the Kirin Tor so it's not like the Presidential elections anyway. Jaina was probably removed from her position for ending Dalaran's neutrality during Pandaria. They made Khadgar her replacement, causing her to pretty much leave Dalaran all together.
12/08/2015 08:53 AMPosted by Rivak
Jaina was probably removed from her position for ending Dalaran's neutrality during Pandaria.

I doubt that's actually what caused it. At the moment we have no idea either way, but if that was the reason they'd have done it earlier. Like, immediately after the purge.
It's not about whether the Horde of Alliance were wrong in regards to the scenario.

It's the fact that Blizzard doesn't know what they want to do and keeps ramming through extremes, indecisive, and unable to decide what to do.

They need to make up their mind and stick with it, not change it every 2 months.

Case in point:

Pre-Wrath: Dalaran is Alliance, but non-playable
Wrath- Dalaran is neutral, with pro-Horde and pro-Alliance camps
Cata- Dalaran is still officially neutral
Theramore Scenario- Dalaran and the entire Alliance back up Theramore. Jaina then joins Dalaran
MoP- Jaina calmed down and Dalaran is back to being neutral, until 5.1 when the Horde is kicked out
5.1 to 6.0- Dalaran is firmly Alliance, but still non-playable
WoD- Khadgar is friends with everyone and convinced Jaina to play nice with the Horde
Legion- Horde welcomed back to Dalaran, and Jaina leaves
Sunreavers got kicked out in mop, Khadgar told Jaina to piss off and decided to work with the Horde in WoD, now it's getting reversed entirely in Legion.

They backed out of the purge, but it's not like they've been flipping back and forth repeatedly on it.
12/08/2015 09:19 AMPosted by Reignac
12/08/2015 08:53 AMPosted by Rivak
Jaina was probably removed from her position for ending Dalaran's neutrality during Pandaria.

I doubt that's actually what caused it. At the moment we have no idea either way, but if that was the reason they'd have done it earlier. Like, immediately after the purge.

But on the other hand, we don't really know what's been going on with Dalaran or Jaina throughout the entirety of WoD. She show's up for a few minutes in the ring quest chain but we don't really know what she's actually been doing.
At least they aren't ignoring the Purge.

Aethas had to work his way back in, and it looks like the Sunreavers aren't in control of their old district anymore anyway.
I want to see blood elves dancing in front of the silver covenant area, having a big old party.

Because honestly, I'd do that.
Dalaran is the perfect segue into relocating the blood elves to neutrality (Alliance: Silver Covenant and Horde: Sunreavers). As such, they were left with no other alternative, and once we get playable ogres and neutral blood elves, we can finally stop pretending that the night elves fill the "elf" gap for the Alliance.
12/08/2015 09:49 AMPosted by Aenistris
Dalaran is the perfect segue into relocating the blood elves to neutrality (Alliance: Silver Covenant and Horde: Sunreavers). As such, they were left with no other alternative, and once we get playable ogres and neutral blood elves, we can finally stop pretending that the night elves fill the "elf" gap for the Alliance.

You seem really firm about the whole ''Blood elves being neutral'' thing aren't you?

At most I can see High elves becoming playable with their own faction/settlements, but I seriously doubt Blood elves will ever, within the lifespan of WoW, be neutral.
12/08/2015 09:42 AMPosted by Feraliona
I want to see blood elves dancing in front of the silver covenant area, having a big old party.

Because honestly, I'd do that.

Having a large number of Blood Elves in one place would make it easier to grab some for experimentation purposes.
12/08/2015 09:49 AMPosted by Aenistris

This is never going to happen, and I'm not sure why you keep acting like it's a forgone conclusion.
I have to sit back and just look in awe at the sheer amount of hacked up spit that Blizzard chucked into the Horde's face. You mean to tell me that with both the engineering prowess of both Goblin and Sin'dorei, not to mention the magical history and ability of the elves, we can't make our own floating magic center of awesome? Really? We were booted out. We didn't want to go back. Why would they think we wanted to go back to Dalaran?